Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Be My Guest (FLY FOR FREE) at the Star Alliance MegaDo

Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:31 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

Here's a chance to fly for free as a guest of FlyerTalk founder, Randy Petersen, while being part of one of the most unique and interesting member DO's (get-togethers) ever.

As the founder of FlyerTalk, there is nothing I like better than to keep giving back to FlyerTalk. And so I've decided to give one of our members a chance to fly for free as my guest during the upcoming Star Alliance MegaDo. And you'll be earning bonus double EQMs along the way!

While all FT DOs are special in their own way and provide an opportunity to meet other FTers and share travel stories, this MegaDO promises to offer a unique experience. The member I select will join nearly 300 other FlyerTalkers, a host of Star Alliance executives, several reporters from major international media outlets (The Wall Street Journal, New York Times Magazine and CNN), and myself as we wing our way to and around Europe and celebrate the Star Alliance. Among the events on the itinerary: a charter flight completely filled with FlyerTalkers, several private parties and airline-hosted events along the way, an exclusive inside tour of the Airbus factory in Toulouse, France (and a close-up look at an A-380!), and plenty of surprises, including the fact that yours truly will be a Purser/Flight Attendant for the Charter flights (A little more wine FlyerTalker?)

Here are the seat maps for the aircraft you'll be flying in (provided by SeatExpert.com). Notice the special map for the charter flight and the pictures of the special logo jet for the European flights.
Special charter seat map:
http://seatexpert.com/flyertalk/megado/
Lufthansa #405 JFK-FRA:
http://seatexpert.com/seatmap/199/Lu...oeing_747-400/

RULES:
There are none. I want this ticket to go to yet another enthusiastic member of FlyerTalk, so I'll be selecting a member who demonstrates his/her enthusiasm by posting in this thread. You can post as many times as you want before 12:00 p.m. Thursday, October 15, 2009 - Mountain Time.

You read that right. All you have to do to be eligible for this unique experience as my guest is to post something -- anything, even a single word -- into this thread. Obviously, the more posts you make the greater the chances are I'll see your name and select you, but it only takes a single entry to be the lucky one. But do me a favor -- no large type size posts, no images and no colored text.

OK, there is a single rule: I'll only select a member who was registered prior to Oct. 1, 2009 on FlyerTalk.

Here's what I'm personally going to pay for: Your roundtrip airfare to one of the starting U.S. airports (Chicago or New York), your roundtrip airfare on the official trans-atlantic FlyerTalk Lufthansa flight joining everyone else in Frankfurt, your airfare on the private charter around Europe with nearly 300 other FlyerTalkers and, as a bonus, I'll spring for your hotel rooms along the way. If the member I select resides in Europe or Asia, I'll pay the airfares to get you to the starting point in Europe -- Frankfurt or Oslo -- if that is more convenient for you.

Good luck and thanks for your continued support of FlyerTalk.

I might have forgotten to mention this -- this is for BUSINESS CLASS both on the trans-atlantic and for the charter flights in Europe.

And there's other chances at this. Click on over to Twitter to try this entry for the same trip:
Lufthansa/Twitter Entry Chance

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Oct 13, 2009 at 5:44 pm
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:34 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
This is such a generous offer Randy! Thanks a lot!

Halothane
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:34 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Let me be the first, well, second, with ^^ to Randy for being generous and supportive as he always is.

Last edited by lili; Oct 1, 2009 at 12:35 pm Reason: halothane types more quickly than I
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:40 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Generous as ever Randy ^^^
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:41 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
Wahoo! Randy, well done. Great promo!!!!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
There are still a handful of paid seats available, for those who do not want to rely on chance.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the offer Randy! That's really generous of you!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Pick me pick me pick me!!! ^^

heh so what if we've already paid and signed up?
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
I don't know where he got the extra thumb unless people are built differently in New Zealand, but totally agree with Kiwi Flyer's sentiment!
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Hello there from the BA Forum.

I have to say it sounds a great offer. Although will you include taxes, fees and charges!!!

Also, where did the money to pay for this come from!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs up

Very generous offer Randy!!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:52 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

Fly for free says it all. Taxes, fees and charges are included in both the air and hotel part. As for where the money comes from? The winner will be my personal guest and the money will come from me personally. I've always tried to set a good example of giving back to FlyerTalk and this is one of those opportunities that has far greater value to our members than just the cost of the trip. The real truth? I need someone to watch my seat for me while I'm performing the flight attendant duties!

Good luck to you and it's OK for frequent flyers of airlines from any alliance to fly along with me -- perhaps we'll do an Oneworld alliance MegaDo if this is as much fun as it is likely to be.
Originally Posted by andset1191
Hello there from the BA Forum.

I have to say it sounds a great offer. Although will you include taxes, fees and charges!!!

Also, where did the money to pay for this come from!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:53 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

easy, this allows you if the winner to bring a guest along. Imagine just how popular you'll be then!

Originally Posted by CJ1120
heh so what if we've already paid and signed up?
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL GLD, STARWOOD GLD, HH SLVR, HYATT GLD, GPP SLVR
May I nominate my grandmother for this promo? She talks to her sister, who lives in Frankfurt, every day, but has not seen her in 50+ years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.