Be My Guest (FLY FOR FREE) at the Star Alliance MegaDo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be My Guest (FLY FOR FREE) at the Star Alliance MegaDo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Already signed up for European part, but wish luck to all others trying to compete for this great offer. Looking forward in meeting you in FRA/on the Condor 757..

What a generous offer! I can't think of a better way to celebrate my 50th birthday, if you chose me!! FlyerTalk has truly enhanced my traveling experiences, but this would be the icing on the (birthday) cake.

Programs: AE, AA
I like free! Thanks for doing this
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

This is an extremely generous offer, Randy.

I will already be in Europe during that time, but I have no plans yet while in Europe during the duration of this event and I would like to attend. If chosen, I will serve other FlyerTalk members on the flights along with you and the other FlyerTalk moderators to ensure that everyone gets the best service possible — and, if I “screw up royally,” hopefully it will provide hilarious entertainment to everyone else.

I will go one step further and offer the following: if I am chosen and it is possible to do so, I will...
  • Donate any Star Alliance miles and qualification miles I earn to the FlyerTalk member(s) of your choice, Randy, or by a contest or competition if you would rather.
  • Share a hotel room to reduce costs and allow at least another FlyerTalk member to join in on this event, and
  • Because my airfare to Europe is already paid, have another FlyerTalk member be the recipient to go on the trans-Atlantic flight instead of me.
...and, if there is any other way I can further “sweeten the pot” and give other FlyerTalk members a chance to join in on this historic event, please let me know.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
I never been to Germany I know it would be fun thats for sure! I always love to go to new places what a great opportunity

PS. Randy

My last name is almost the same as you minus the en at the end. Thats got to count for something right? lol
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Gold.
Hi Randy,

I'll soon be joining Star when CO move over. This would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks for a great offer.

Cheers

David
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Hopefully this:
Randy Petersen x 1 - - NYC DEN - Y Y
Randy Petersen _ auction - 1 - - NYC NYC

Will change to this:
Randy Petersen x 1 - - NYC DEN - Y Y
itsaboutthejourney - 1 - - NYC NYC

I'm a SkyTeam loyalist curious about the "grass on the other side".
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:06 pm

Generous. Count me in.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:06 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

who you send along -- yourself, your grandmother or another FlyerTalker is entirely up to you, all i know is that come Friday Oct. 16 (or maybe a day or two from then if you are still undecided) I'll need to know who my special guest will be so i can get the reservations made and tickets bought. I love grandmothers.

Originally Posted by zybysky
May I nominate my grandmother for this promo? She talks to her sister, who lives in Frankfurt, every day, but has not seen her in 50+ years.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
What happens if I've already bought my own seat?
...Oh I see I can donate it...nice.

That would be good.

Does having bought my own seat (and not having read the second page of posts prior to posting) demonstrate my enthusiasm?

...right, back to the IC Promo thread.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:09 pm

Here's my entry. Good luck everyone.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA GLD, HH, TSA Disparager Gold
Randy, this would be the most exciting thing I would ever get to do! Thank you for your kindness and generousity. And I will also be 50 the end of this month

Last edited by gdeluca; Oct 1, 2009 at 1:12 pm Reason: added
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Fly for Free offer

Randy,

Thanks so much for the generous offer. I can only say that this is the type of thing that continues to bring me back to flyertalk. The knowledge of others on this board of the programs that they belong to is invaluable and often intimidating. Unfortunately, I find that at times I am concerned about posting something I came across for fear that it has already been placed on the board. Hence, my low number of posts given a fairly long period on this board.

Regardless, travel to me is a drug and fortunately for me, or unfortunately for my family at times, flyertalk is the accelerant since it makes me want to travel even more!

It would be a privilege and an honor to be the recipient of this gift, but whether I am chosen or not I have already won by the knowledge gained from being part of this community.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Smile Is it my lucky day?

Perhaps you would like a Canadian aboard,eh?I could go.....freedom 42 was I.Yup retired a couple years now.Spending winters down South.Living la vida loca and being schooled by you and flyertalkers!Life is good.LOve to be there!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:14 pm
formerly Marwanie

Programs: BA Silver, MH Enrich Gold, BMI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.