Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[MASTER THREAD] FAQ–Citibank Application process–Q&A Consolidated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[MASTER THREAD] FAQ–Citibank Application process–Q&A Consolidated

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
denied for not first time member!

for 11/28/2009 application
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:52 am

Does anyone know if Citibank has a hard requirement on credit utilization (like 7 for inquiry) for AA cards? I'm currently at 25%-30% credit utilization (across all credit cards), will they approve me for AA card (score should be 720+) or I need to lower the utilization? Any data points? Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by chespeak2002
Does anyone know if Citibank has a hard requirement on credit utilization (like 7 for inquiry) for AA cards? I'm currently at 25%-30% credit utilization (across all credit cards), will they approve me for AA card (score should be 720+) or I need to lower the utilization? Any data points? Thanks
Welcome to FT, as you asked the same question in another thread and received an answer . . . . Next time, please post in the best thread and the answer will come.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 4:45 pm

Hi Jim, you may add this extended offer to your main post
30,000 Mile Visa offer (Expires 02/28/10) , with 30,000 bonus miles & first year fee waived.

http://www.away6.citicards.com
Quote: "This American Airlines AAdvantage® miles offer is valid only for first-time Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers who apply pursuant to this offer for an account by February 28, 2010."

Note "First-time Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers"
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:32 pm

How long does it take to get the card?

I have a large spend to make this week and the place does not take AMEX

How long does it take to get the card? Do they expedite? The merchant will take the CC# without the card present (I explained my desire to get points/miles somehow since they don't take AMEX)
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:36 pm

Usually takes about a week in my experience.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
On top of that, this one said on the sidebar of the application form, that if you do not qualify the criteria of Visa Signature, you could be issued Visa Gold, which do not carry the same benefits as Visa Signature. (presumably without the no pre-set spending limit benefit)
Has anyone gotten the AA Visa Gold card and can comment on what the bonuses are? I applied via the 30000 mile link that expires on 2/28 and was only approved for the Gold card. It doesn't say how many miles per dollar or how many bonus miles I get for opening the account. However, it does say that my annual fee is $85 after the first year (same as Platinum card) and when I called the customer service they said that I will get 30000 bonus miles. It doesn't make sense to me since I thought the Gold card was a step down from the Platinum card.

Last edited by scubacat1; Dec 29, 2009 at 1:02 pm
Old Dec 30, 2009, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Trying to milk it for one last time...

I want to cancel all my AAdvantage cards (4 personal and 1 business) through their e-mail. How would you go about it: cancel all in one E-mail or send a separate E-mail for each of them? Also should I try to reapply immediately, before the year end or wait for a while and how long? Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:00 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by mnscout
I want to cancel all my AAdvantage cards (4 personal and 1 business) through their e-mail. How would you go about it: cancel all in one E-mail or send a separate E-mail for each of them? Also should I try to reapply immediately, before the year end or wait for a while and how long? Thanks.
they really, really dont want to cancel thru email, and make it very difficult to do so. they want u to call, by email u will have to send endless replies

So no app MC fee waved for 1 st year on biz or personal?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I've canceled most of mine through email and NEVER had a problem. They're canceled w/in 24 hours. I'd do one at a time. Many have been successful getting retention bonuses too. You might try that route. Then cancel after you get your 2K or 3K bonus miles.

The churning days seem to be over. Most churners are not getting bonus miles anymore. If you want to apply again I'd wait til all your cards have been canceled/closed. Still may not work but YMMV.

Read the last few pages of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...nk-jig-up.html

Last edited by philemer; Dec 30, 2009 at 9:02 pm Reason: add link
Old Dec 30, 2009, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The secured email is card specific anyway. So you just send one under each account. We NEVER NEVER have any issue. The request is usually obliged within a matter of hours.

The only reason to call is to try for retention offer. It depends on your goal to choose which route to go.

Originally Posted by frank_10b
they really, really dont want to cancel thru email, and make it very difficult to do so. they want u to call, by email u will have to send endless replies
Not true. Been canceling cards thru secured email route for the past 18 months. Never have any issue other than occasionally a second email to get the job done.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 5:26 pm

Has anyone been asked for a transcript of tax return when applying for a citibank american xpress card? I have a master card, excellent credit and never get denied on cards and they sent me a letter asking to fill out a form for a transcript of my tax return, that they were unable to verify all my info.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by bernyx
Has anyone been asked for a transcript of tax return when applying for a citibank american xpress card? I have a master card, excellent credit and never get denied on cards and they sent mer asking to fill out a form for a transcript of my tax return, that they were unable to verify all my info.
First, do kill the messenger.

Second, based upon your post, you appear to be referring to IRSForm 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. If you search this thread for "4506" you will find the answer, it is "Yes". You may also want to search "american express financial review" (by Google). In short, even with "perfect" credit, any issuer can request the 4506. You may choose, yes or no, to comply. But if you do not comply, the issuer can not only not issue a new card, but close (or take other similar actions) your existing cards. Many other forum members greatly object to providing a completed/signed 4506. Your compliance is voluntary, but lack of compliance may result in closed accounts. If you have a balance on your other Citicard, closure could be a real problem.

Once again, do not kill the messenger. I am not a card issuer, just a person that reads the forums.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by whynotgo

Second, based upon your post, you appear to be referring to IRSForm 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. If you search this thread for "4506" you will find the answer, it is "Yes". You may also want to search "american express financial review" (by Google). In short, even with "perfect" credit, any issuer can request the 4506. You may choose, yes or no, to comply. But if you do not comply, the issuer can not only not issue a new card, but close (or take other similar actions) your existing cards. Many other forum members greatly object to providing a completed/signed 4506. Your compliance is voluntary, but lack of compliance may result in closed accounts. If you have a balance on your other Citicard, closure could be a real problem.

Once again, do not kill the messenger. I am not a card issuer, just a person that reads the forums.
You should make up your mind about killing Happy New Year!!!
Old Jan 1, 2010, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by whynotgo

I guess I don't see what the big deal is, I tell them on my income on my app, I guess they just want the proof. funny thing is they are the ones that keep sending invitations to apply for the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.