Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
CitiGold is Citi's premium banking relationship. To remain a Citigold client, maintain a minimum combined average monthly balance of $200,000 in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts. There is no monthly service fee for accounts in The Citigold Account Package.

Be aware that Citi Wealth Management will not allow any trading of non traditional stocks and ETFs. No leveraged ETFs, no inverse ETFs. Its brokerage service is similar to Chase YouInvest. It is just basic investment service.

1. Click HERE to read a separate thread discussing expiration of ThankYou Points when closing a Citigold account.

2. Citi has introduced Citi Priority with a minimum combined balance of $50K as of November 6, 2016. Those who were no longer qualified under the new Citigold requirement has been downgraded to Citi Priority. Discussion HERE.
Print Wikipost

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Did anyone else get a strange email about opening up a new account? I opened it months ago. When I called citi they said they knew about it and that it was a widespread problem.

Last edited by HGHUA; Apr 27, 2016 at 12:44 pm
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: SQ, DL, Marriott, UR
Yes, I did. The CSR I spoke to recommended to forward it to their phishing department.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:10 pm
Suspended

I've gotten the "new account" email 10 times over the past 15 hours.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
I've gotten the "new account" email 10 times over the past 15 hours.
I got it 33 times.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Funny thing is, I never got that email at all when I opened my Citigold account months ago, although everything else went fine. I think the debit card arrived 2 days later.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:30 pm

Dh and I got the same email.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:20 pm

Between me and my spouse, at least 30. I give up counting.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:50 am

do you guys remember if the PIN number was mailed to you or chosen during the application process?

when you downgrade from a citigold to a regular checking did they send you a new debit card with a new number?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by mikeawesome
do you guys remember if the PIN number was mailed to you or chosen during the application process?

when you downgrade from a citigold to a regular checking did they send you a new debit card with a new number?
Chose the PIN during the app process
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:32 pm

This is a repost from Reddit. I'm now up to my 4th investigation for my 50k AA points and getting no where with them.

Wanted to bring attention to this on flyer talk (sorry if it's already posted somewhere else, if so, please place this post there).

I've done two of 4 investigations, now, they are basically copy and pasting the same message, say they will not honor the promotion.

Curious if anyone here is having the same issues, if so, what's your plan, trying to get feedback from others.

Thanks!

------------------------------

OMG, I'm beyond done with "......" bank. The incompetence is too much to deal with at this point. I'm going to write a full report of my summary to read later, however, out of my husband and mine's Citi Gold checking account 50k AA.

Letter on 4/4: Thank you for your inquiry on 04/04/2016 regarding your Checking account number ending in XXXX. We have completed our research and the results are as follows: Your account does qualify for Promotion 42ERCWNQU6, which offered 50,000 AA Miles. Citibank is eager to have these miles applied to your American Airlines AAdvantage account, however; will need your American Airlines AAdvantage account number to process your request. Please contact Citibank Online Services at 1-800-374-9700 at your earliest convenience to provide the AAdvantage account number.

4/10: Thank you for your inquiry on 04/10/2016 regarding your Checking account number ending in XXXX. We have completed our research and the results are as follows: You have met the terms and conditions for Promotion 42ERCWNQU6, so we are delighted to tell you that a credit of 50,000 AA Miles has been processed to your AAdvantage account number XX. It may take up to 10 days for the miles to reflect on your account.

4/26: Thank you for your inquiry on 04/24/2016 regarding your Checking account number ending in XXX. We have completed our research and the results are as follows: Recently, you contacted us regarding your account and whether your account qualified for an AAdvantage Miles promotional offer. We appreciate your patience while waiting for our response. Unfortunately, there was not an AAdvantage Miles promotion offered in conjunction with the opening of your account. While Citi does offer AAdvantage miles promotions at times, those offers are only available to the individual to whom the offer was addressed. We understand this is not the resolution you had anticipated.

Seriously, no wonder no one banks with this bank. They first say they are eager to put them in there, then "whoops" we need your AA number, then wait 10 days. Now, "whoops" there was no promo number attached to your account. However, you do see it was on the first two letters, right?

Just venting, hope all can sympathize with me. Now, they are taking it to the next level. Sigh, this is soooooo unacceptable...I'll give a full report once this is done.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Interesting T&C additions for Citigold accounts:

* Effective November 1, 2016, if you do not maintain a minimum combined average monthly balance of $200,000 in eligible deposits, retirement accounts, and investment balances, your Citigold Account Package will be converted to a different banking package and your accounts will be subject to the terms and conditions then in effect for that package. We will contact you prior to account conversion and send you complete information about the banking package to which your account will be converted.

** Effective November 1, 2016, the $30 monthly service fee will be eliminated for accounts in the Citigold Account Package
So there won't even be a $30/month fee anymore, you will have to have a minimum balance to have an account.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Interesting T&C additions for Citigold accounts:

So there won't even be a $30/month fee anymore, you will have to have a minimum balance to have an account.
Oof, that's a bummer, given what a massive increase in average monthly balance that is.

Does anyone who has experience linking accounts have any information or speculation about whether the average balance takes into account non-Citi linked accounts, or only Citi accounts?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:44 pm

That sucks. Oh well, I'll keep CitiGold through the summer for the free international ATM withdraws and downgrade after hoping it's still labeled as Gold in their system.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by chrisremo
...average balance takes into account non-Citi linked accounts, or only Citi accounts?
What type of non-Citi linked accounts do you have in mind?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
That sucks. Oh well, I'll keep CitiGold through the summer for the free international ATM withdraws and downgrade after hoping it's still labeled as Gold in their system.
Or just use the free fidelity account for the no ATM withdrawals abroad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.