Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Card Reduced Mileage Awards

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Citi AA Card Reduced Mileage Awards

I just received this card and noticed that it makes one eligible for domestic reward flights at 20,000 miles instead of 25,000. I logged in and saw there are only a limited number of destinations that you can use these miles on. Does anyone know whether availability for the 20k mile rewards the same as what they would be for the 25k rewards, or more limited than mileage saver rewards?
Old May 28, 2009, 4:57 am

Programs: AA:1MM
it is limited by destination (I don't know if there are separate capacity caps -- I suspect not).

this is a perk of the Citi AA credit cards..

the availability for the regular 25K awards is broader and includes just about everywhere that AA flies.
Old May 28, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: UA and HH
I thought it was 17.5k miles for domestic and 42.5k for domestic first.
Old May 28, 2009, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gbryan84
I thought it was 17.5k miles for domestic and 42.5k for domestic first.
It depends on the card you have:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/c...?screenID=1213

To the OP:
Yes, availability is the same. You must, though, book over the phone.
Old May 28, 2009, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Thanks! I appreciate your replies!
Old Jun 26, 2009, 4:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
No more internatioanl/caribbean? I was acutally thinking about getting this card, again, but noticed only domestic flights are listed for this quarter. Did I miss something?

Found the response...filled out an application and decided to look up the desitination before I hit sent...glad I did.

Last edited by jamflyer; Jun 26, 2009 at 4:59 am
Old Jun 26, 2009, 4:42 am

Don't Forget

that the reduced mileage awards also "work" if your departure city is one of the listed destinations. (if you get a misinformed agent regarding this hang up and call back, I was successful about booking LGA). Also since the new one-way tickets you can also split your ressie between a Y/F ticket (again if they say no, ask for a supervisor or hang up and call back, I was successful on this too).
It's a lower mileage for Citi Platinum and Amex Select, keep this in mind.

And lastly i fyou want to save on the booking fee, make your ressie originally on aa.com. Then call back to add the codes. Afterwards then try to pay on line and if unsuccessful call back to book with payment. It may take a little extra time and effort but it is possibly to eliminate the booking with agent fee (again I was successful on this too, but it took about 3 calls and about 45 mins in calling and being passed around).

I, too, wiched there were additional destinations other than domestic but am very happy that LGA is a destination this time. I'm finally able to take advantage of an offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.