Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Citi report credit limits on Citi/AA cards?

Old Jan 19, 2009, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

I have heard that Citibank doesn't report credit limits on Citi/AAdvantage cards, so that if you have any balance at the close of a statement it automatically looks like 100% utilization. Can anyone confirm this?

I have a credit limit on my Citi/AA Amex and I will be extremely annoyed if I find out I've been logging 100% utilization on it even though in reality I don't cross 10% utilization.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sk8uno
I have heard that Citibank doesn't report credit limits on Citi/AAdvantage cards, so that if you have any balance at the close of a statement it automatically looks like 100% utilization. Can anyone confirm this?

I have a credit limit on my Citi/AA Amex and I will be extremely annoyed if I find out I've been logging 100% utilization on it even though in reality I don't cross 10% utilization.
You will definitely be extremely annoyed.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You will definitely be extremely annoyed. Because this is exactly it would be.

Want confirmation? Why not look at your own credit reports?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat

Most World Mastercards and Signature Visas do not report limits.

My understanding from reading creditboards.com is that these cards do count in overall amounts owed, but the CRAs do not count them as part of overall utilization when FICO cooks up its magic number.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index...owtopic=378905
Old Jan 20, 2009, 6:54 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
All banks that issue World and Signature are supposed to not post a credit limit.

I can't speak for all banks but I can state for sure that Citibank post your credit limit as zero and that their business versions don't post.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Ok, so I just checked the old credit report. My personal Citi/AA Amex card does NOT show a credit limit. Has anyone else heard what skofarrell has heard...namely that cards with no limit do NOT count towards a measure of your utilization?

Interesting sidenote: My report does not show an inquiry for the application associated with the Citi/AA card...
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
All banks that issue World and Signature are supposed to not post a credit limit.

I can't speak for all banks but I can state for sure that Citibank post your credit limit as zero and that their business versions don't post.
FWIW, US Bank WorldPerks Visa Signature posts a limit.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:39 pm

I think Capital One was the orginator of not reporting credit line. Check Wall Street Journal or New York Times. The purpose was to prevent other CC companies from poaching good customers
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, so I just checked the old credit report. My personal Citi/AA Amex card does NOT show a credit limit. Has anyone else heard what skofarrell has heard...namely that cards with no limit do NOT count towards a measure of your utilization?

Interesting sidenote: My report does not show an inquiry for the application associated with the Citi/AA card...
Have you checked all 3 credit reports? While the account is reported to all 3 credit bureaux, the inquiry would only show up on the one that the issuer used to pull your report.

What skofarrell has posted, is really a COMMON KNOWLEDGE for many people who do credit cards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.