Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wiki/Reviewi For TYN 90K Fixed Redemption Strategies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wiki/Reviewi For TYN 90K Fixed Redemption Strategies

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by jeelele
Probably, the last time your ticket was re-issued, the expiration date got extended. Don't call DL and have any agent go through the history of your ticket as they will realize that it should have been extended and will void it out.
I am down to my last $900 on Delta, from a ticket issued originally in 2006 or 2007 from NW. Bought 2 refundable tickets in higher amounts 11 months apart and then a much lower priced refundable when I wanted to break the funds out be getting the difference issued as an eCert.

When I finally wanted to bail on the last remaining refundable ticket, priced at $1000, from the $6700 original, they said it would revert to the credit card.

I told them if that's the best they could do, I would have to accept it. They said the best they could do is issue a $300 we screwed up cert.

Because part if it was issued using a cert at one time, when they hit the refund button, all $1200 went to a cert that expires this spring.

I was very pleased.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
I am down to my last $900 on Delta, from a ticket issued originally in 2006 or 2007 from NW. Bought 2 refundable tickets in higher amounts 11 months apart and then a much lower priced refundable when I wanted to break the funds out be getting the difference issued as an eCert.

When I finally wanted to bail on the last remaining refundable ticket, priced at $1000, from the $6700 original, they said it would revert to the credit card.

I told them if that's the best they could do, I would have to accept it. They said the best they could do is issue a $300 we screwed up cert.

Because part if it was issued using a cert at one time, when they hit the refund button, all $1200 went to a cert that expires this spring.

I was very pleased.
Happy Ending of an initial SNAFU - if I remember it correctly you redeemed that 2007 devaluation on a NW International ticket without knowing the very restrict rule. Good for you to keep renewing it until NW finally is folded into DL and then you were able to start cashing out. ^

I still have 2 AA vouchers totaling about $1,800 from 2007 - AA's are very easy to use / extend. But I also got a stupid UA voucher at just under $1400 from 2009, plus 1 low priced UA refundable and a $770 CO refundable that I do not know what to do with them with expiration in December coming...

The problem I have is, most our travels are international, and one-way too - thus making the pay tickets way too expensive so we use awards. It takes forever to use up those TYP tickets for just domestic travels.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Happy
I still have 2 AA vouchers totaling about $1,800 from 2007 - AA's are very easy to use / extend. But I also got a stupid UA voucher at just under $1400 from 2009, plus 1 low priced UA refundable and a $770 CO refundable that I do not know what to do with them with
Beware, AFAIK CO vouchers can no longer be extended. I had DL, AA, CO vouchers (thanks to you and this thread) and I used them for myself, family and friends by 2010.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gv111
Beware, AFAIK CO vouchers can no longer be extended. I had DL, AA, CO vouchers (thanks to you and this thread) and I used them for myself, family and friends by 2010.
I know. But my remnant of CO is not a voucher, it is a fully refundable ticket that I can rebook against. And actually to my surprise, it had a schedule change that I had to click accept before doing anything, then it regained its fully refundable status, providing the options of 1) refund to an e-cert, or 2) rebook a new itinerary.

It is not until Dec I need to rebook so I am not fiddling with it now until getting closer.

The AAs and UA are paper vouchers with 1 year life from date of issue. Like I said AA is pretty easy to do but UA is a nightmare due to UA no longer serves our market. I should have paid enough attention on it and not to redeem for UA tickets but I was biased to earn more UA miles at that time so I erred.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.