Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi PremierPass World Elite -- Airport Lounge Access

Old Sep 20, 08, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

I have a question about Citi PremierPass World Elite and Airport Lounge Access.

What are the lounges I have access to? Do I need to pay for anything?

Old Sep 20, 08, 9:05 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by PatrickShim View Post
I have a question about Citi PremierPass World Elite and Airport Lounge Access.

What are the lounges I have access to? Do I need to pay for anything?

First of all, let me welcome to FlyerTalk.

To answer your question, Citi PremierPass has no lounge access. Period.
Old Sep 21, 08, 5:40 am

This card does not provide any access to airline lounges. Cards that provide access to some lounges include: Citi Platinum Amex, Amex Platinum Charge Card, Saks World Elite MC plus some others.
Old Sep 21, 08, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
I see where there's some confusion- the PremierPass Elite card is in fact a World Mastercard. But it's not a World Elite mastercard (which would include lounge access).

"PremierPass" and "PremierPass Elite" are Citi designations for a "World Mastercard".
Old Sep 22, 08, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT View Post
This card does not provide any access to airline lounges. Cards that provide access to some lounges include: Citi Platinum Amex, Amex Platinum Charge Card, Saks World Elite MC plus some others.
Add Citi's Chariman Mastercard to the list. it apparently is now a World Elite Card.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=711
Old Sep 22, 08, 8:19 pm

Programs: CO Gold, AA Platinum, United Elite, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold
Gentlemen, I will have to correct you on this. I just received my new PPE and I noticed it says World Elite. I called customer service to negotiate my annual contract (I got 6 months of extra 2 points per $ to stay for another year and pay $75) and asked about that - they said that it includes some lounge access and that a notice will be sent out soon.
Old Sep 23, 08, 9:35 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by oresh View Post
Gentlemen, I will have to correct you on this. I just received my new PPE and I noticed it says World Elite. I called customer service to negotiate my annual contract (I got 6 months of extra 2 points per $ to stay for another year and pay $75) and asked about that - they said that it includes some lounge access and that a notice will be sent out soon.
Very interesting. I wonder if they will be upgrading existing cards as well. I got in on the no-annual fee for life Premierpass Elite MC. I wonder if they would upgrade those as well, considering what favorable terms they already offer.
Old Sep 24, 08, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
what's a worldcard exactly?
Old Sep 24, 08, 5:18 pm

Wow. Citi just loves to upgrade and upgrade. (Recall the Citi dividend debacle)

MasterCard requires issuers of World Elite card to include Priority Pass lounge access membership. I think it is up to the issuer what level of service.

Again surprising this is such a casual upgrade - World to World Elite with no press release or launch program to the public.

Do I sense some dilution of the World Elite product here?

Please keep us updated.
Old Sep 24, 08, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by 100% Green View Post
what's a worldcard exactly?
MasterCard has differnet platforms for thier consumer and business card products.

From low to high - Standard, Gold, Platinum, World, World Elite

Benefits increase as you go up the range. There are different 'standard' benefits from MasterCard and the issuer, different interchange rates the merchants pay if one of the cards si used at the merchant, different credit lines - typically and of course different target consumer levels (aka by income.)
Old Sep 24, 08, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by STAM4NICK View Post
Do I sense some dilution of the World Elite product here?
Perhaps not, but I do sense an increase in annual fee.
Old Sep 24, 08, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA-Plat
Lounge Access

Just got off the phone with the priority pass rep. The Citi PremierPass World Elite does provide airport lounge access. There is a separate card for lounge access that will be mailed to the PremierPass World Elite cardholders. You can see the list of lounges at www.prioritypass.com

Enjoy!
Old Sep 24, 08, 9:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by oresh View Post
Did you get a new card because the old one was reaching its expiration, or because they upgraded to World Elite? My PPE doesn't expire for quite awhile (maybe 1 1/2 to 2 years), so I was wondering if I would get the new card with lounge access before that. Also, do authorized users have the lounge access as well?
Old Sep 25, 08, 1:15 am

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by friedablass View Post
Did you get a new card because the old one was reaching its expiration, or because they upgraded to World Elite? My PPE doesn't expire for quite awhile (maybe 1 1/2 to 2 years), so I was wondering if I would get the new card with lounge access before that. Also, do authorized users have the lounge access as well?
Our current PPE cards did not expire until 3/10 but we received the new World Elite cards in the mail today. The lounge access card will be sent separately and I am not sure if they are sent to all of the authorized users or just the primary. I was told that I would be receiving the lounge access card within the next two weeks.
Old Sep 25, 08, 1:54 am

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
3 times only??

Originally Posted by hawaii-bound View Post
Just got off the phone with the priority pass rep. The Citi PremierPass World Elite does provide airport lounge access. There is a separate card for lounge access that will be mailed to the PremierPass World Elite cardholders. You can see the list of lounges at www.prioritypass.com

Enjoy!
I hope it's not a "fake" priority pass like "Citi® Platinum American Express® Card"
https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/c...&CONTENT_TYPE=

"Free annual membership in Priority PassTM, VIP airport lounge program (a $99 annual savings) and the cost of your first 3 cardmember lounge visits waived (normally $27 per visit) – initial enrollment required with yearly renewal. "

ONLY 3 times??? Well, better than nothing. But I would not pay for 75$/year for this.

Last edited by Bacai; Sep 25, 08 at 1:55 am Reason: typo

Search this Thread
Search Engine: