TYP Fixed Point Redemption Question

Old Jun 1, 08, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

TYP Fixed Point Redemption Question

I have TYP from Citi cards that do not allow the fixed point redemption option, and some form one Citi card that does. I have not yet combined the TYP accounts. If I combine the accounts, will I be able to use all TYP under the fixed redemption option? Does it matter which TYP account is the surviving account?
Old Jun 1, 08, 1:55 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by dldkjones View Post
If I combine the accounts, will I be able to use all TYP under the fixed redemption option? Does it matter which TYP account is the surviving account?
Yes. No.
Old Jun 2, 08, 6:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by dldkjones View Post
I have TYP from Citi cards that do not allow the fixed point redemption option, and some form one Citi card that does. I have not yet combined the TYP accounts. If I combine the accounts, will I be able to use all TYP under the fixed redemption option? Does it matter which TYP account is the surviving account?
I think the answer is yes on both. You need to have a specific card (e.g. Premier Pass Elite) or an Expedia account in order to do fixed point redemptions.
Old Jun 2, 08, 6:30 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by canuck_in_pa View Post
I think the answer is yes on both. You need to have a specific card (e.g. Premier Pass Elite) or an Expedia account in order to do fixed point redemptions.

It does not matter which account is the surviving one. When you are merging the accounts into one, the account which has the fixed point eligible card will also be merged (irrespective of whether it is the surviving account or not) and thus the surviving account will show the fixed point eligible card.

Last edited by jeelele; Jun 2, 08 at 2:48 pm
Old Jun 2, 08, 7:16 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by jeelele View Post
It does not matter which account is the surviving one. When you are merging the accounts into one, the account which has the fixed point eligible card will also be merged (irrespective of whether it is the surviving account or not) and thus the surviving account will have show the fixed point eligible card.
This is correct. As long as one of the sponsoring accounts for the Thank You account is eligible for fixed points redemption, then you can use ALL the points to get the ticket you want.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: