Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is ThankYou Network's service for you?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2008, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
How is ThankYou Network's service for you?

I booked a ticket using fix point 2 weeks ago.
It took TYN more than a week to email me the itinerary.
I called about 3 times for itinerary but all they said was "I will email them to get your itinerary emailed. Let's make sure we have the right email address.".

Now I want to change the ticket, I have to wait up to 48 hours to have someone call me back. If they don't call me back, I can call back again, and the agent will email them again to call me back for another 24 hours.

Why does everything take so long? What if I need to change to tomorrow departure?
Old Apr 18, 2008, 8:35 pm

Wirelessly posted (Treo 700p Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Why don't you call an airline directly? what airline you are flying? you should be able just call an airline and they will look up your reservation and will do a change.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 6:03 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
Is your issue with Expedia or with the actual Thank You Network reps?

I get great service from the TYN people. It's the Expedia reps that have been really inconsistent.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 9:05 am

Recently redeemed for my first TY 20,000 reward. Rep on the phone was friendly and thorough, but like the OP said, the confirmation didn't come through for at least a few days.

Of course, I called the airline about 4 hours after the original booking and they had it in their system. I guess that's what was most importnat.

Great folk at TY network from my couple calls, but agree with OP the email communicae is slow.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Wirelessly posted (Treo 700p Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Why don't you call an airline directly? what airline you are flying? you should be able just call an airline and they will look up your reservation and will do a change.
Originally Posted by canuck_in_pa

I get great service from the TYN people. It's the Expedia reps that have been really inconsistent.
I did call CX, and they asked me to call my travel agent.

I think the issue us expedia, not TYN.
But if I use fixed point option through TYN, can I call Expedia direct to make change? Or I still need to call TYN first.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 7:38 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I booked my first fixed flight award on NW on Monday. Being a Monday, I had about a 10 minute hold time and a bit more after the rep took my info and madet he reservation. Haven't received a confirmation yet from TYN but NW has my reservation in their system and it was ticketed by the time I called NW shortly after hanging up with TYN. The fare even went down 2 days later and I got a $130 credit by dealing directly with NW.

So far so good with my service from TYN.

John
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by canuck_in_pa

I found TYN people very good friendly and thorough. Expedia on the other is very problematic. Their reservation system can not price all of the itineraries. The prices on Expedia can be much higher than the airline website and higher than the price limit which will force you to use more points.

I like the fact that my reservations show up on the Continental website before I even complete my conversation with the TYN rep. I don't about CX but Continental is more than happy to change your reservations for that change fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.