Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA 20% bonus on Spending first year

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2008, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Citi AA 20% bonus on Spending first year

On one of my many AA Citi card statements, the ad states that as a companion to the AA Citi Select MC I could get the Citi Select AMEX and I would get a 5000 mile bonus after the first purchase (no big deal) and also 1.2 miles for ever dollar spent during the first 12 months. It also says there is no annual fee as long as the MC is open, which leads me to believe the AMEX will never have an annual fee as long as the MC is open. It also says the AMEX will share the 100k mile cap with the MC (unless you have status). While I still prefer the flexibility of the SPG AMEX, I thought some others might be interested in this offer. It says to apply call 800-634-7503.

Jim
Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the same offer via email

Actually Citi sent an email to promote this offer, got that a week or so ago but I junked it.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA-Gold (1mm) AMEX Plat HH Gold BA Silver
I got it via e-mail also and took them up on it. I opened a Citi AA M/C with the 40k promotion (20k, 10k after 10k in pur in year one, 10k after 10k pur in year 2), hit the first yr volume and now using my AA Amex to get 20% more until the second yr begins then it is back to the AA M/C until I hit 10k
Old Feb 19, 2008, 3:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Steve321
...using my AA Amex to get 20% more until the second yr begins ...
Alternately, you could use the Starwood Preferred Guest credit card and earn 25% more AAdvantage miles ongoing.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Alternately, you could use the Starwood Preferred Guest credit card and earn 25% more AAdvantage miles ongoing.
Exactly. Pay lower annual fee as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.