Citi AA $750 for Bonus Miles

Old Apr 8, 2008, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
just signed up for yet another $750/25k MC.

www.miles.citicards.com

Seems there is no way to avoid the first year of $85 annual fee, but maybe someone here can confirm this or let me know of some other deal.
Maybe I could call them to get that not applied the first year? I dunno. I lose track of such things sometimes.

I will crank thru $750 in no time and will report back when I get the miles.

BTW if anyone here shops at LOWES and does home improvement, I saw something pretty cool at the post office--just a FYI:

Get one of those moving guides and in it is a special whereas if you register at Lowes you get this $50 gift card once you spend $500+ there.

Sooo, do some home imrpovement, get 25k miles, spend $750, get back $50.
Not bad!

MM
Old Apr 8, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
http://citi.bridgetrack.com/usc/07/a...BE976BDD75E9DA

Earn 25,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after you make $750 in purchases within 4 months of becoming a cardmember¹ - enough for a travel award!²

No annual fee for the first 12 months³

Note your link also clearly states right at the top NO ANNUAL FEE for the first 12 months
Old Apr 8, 2008, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yup, I had been in a hurry when posting, then printed out my offer as I appliled and looked at it later to see that was true. Thanks. It is actually the same link, basically.

So even as it says $85 a year, it's not for the first one, which is great.

MM
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI my new card is on its way in 7-10 dayz

I ordered a second citi mastercard last night online using the 25k more miles if you spend $750 version. Today, a citi csr called to tell me it is approved, but wanted to know if I wanted a higher credit limit than the std. $2,000 they give out to someone like me who already has a card with a $9000 limit open. This CSR said they could either reduce the 9k one to 7k and increase the new one to 4k or leave it and let me call in some time to try to increase it myself later. I left it at that becaused, after all, I have charged up to 48k in one shot on the 9k limit one, and so I should be able to do such things on either card based on my credit and lack of debt again at any time. Also she doesnt know this but this new card is just to churn sign ups for bonus miles! hehehe

For the good of the thread, I'll report use and mile postings when they happen.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
What happens if you provide someone else's AA number in the application? Do they get the miles or no one?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by al613
What happens if you provide someone else's AA number in the application? Do they get the miles or no one?
Bad idea, don't do it... I remember reading about someone losing their AA account for doing that... Something about fraud...
Old Apr 9, 2008, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
incidently, my wife's new AA citi MC with the "spend $750 in first 4 months, get 25k AA miles" dealio has ALREADY posted the sign on bonus and her card is just a month old, if that. She and I went shopping for more home improvement stuff that we needed anyway:

Starting Balance 1,029

02/18/08 NEW CITICARD MBR BONUS MILES 25,000

02/18/08 CBAA WORLD MASTERCARD PURCH 1,140

Total Miles Posted 26,140

ENDING BALANCE 27,169

Time to churn in card #2, eh?
MM
Can you provide a more complete timeline? When did you apply for the card? When did you receive it? Is 2/18 when you made the purchases or when your statement came through and miles were posted to your AAdvantage account?

I'm trying to get an idea of the total time it would time from start (apply for card) to finish (miles are posted to my AA account).
Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by technique
Bad idea, don't do it... I remember reading about someone losing their AA account for doing that... Something about fraud...
why not just play dumb and act as though it was an honest typo. like you were planning to check your wife's account after applying for a card on yours but mistakenly added in her number on your app because you had her number in your mind at the moment or something! you could either get the miles or just tell them sorry, please put them where they are suppost to go with mine!

Originally Posted by scn312
Can you provide a more complete timeline? When did you apply for the card? When did you receive it? Is 2/18 when you made the purchases or when your statement came through and miles were posted to your AAdvantage account?

I'm trying to get an idea of the total time it would time from start (apply for card) to finish (miles are posted to my AA account).
i think the dates of my posts on this will give you that time line as I would have put them in here within 24hrs of it taking place.
basically, though, the miles posted within one month of getting the card. She charged up a grand within the first week so the first statement showed that and the first miles statement showed the miles for purchase as well as bonus reached. I was amazed it posted so quickly. Firgued it would hold out for 4 months!...
Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:50 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
why not just play dumb and act as though it was an honest typo. like you were planning to check your wife's account after applying for a card on yours but mistakenly added in her number on your app because you had her number in your mind at the moment or something! you could either get the miles or just tell them sorry, please put them where they are suppost to go with mine!
You mean its not enough that they let you churn the cards? You want to churn AND whine your way into something better still? Where's your dignity, man! Why not just apply in your wife's name? My wife churns while she sleeps, eats, goes to the gym, feeds the kids, and she doesn't even know it. No need to have any "typos." She just needs a good churn manager--me.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pushback
You mean its not enough that they let you churn the cards? You want to churn AND whine your way into something better still? Where's your dignity, man! Why not just apply in your wife's name? My wife churns while she sleeps, eats, goes to the gym, feeds the kids, and she doesn't even know it. No need to have any "typos." She just needs a good churn manager--me.
oh Pushback, you do soooo have MY number
Yeah--you know it... I would whine (you are totally right ) but I figure it's worth the customer service hassle to at least try it once. Why not 'get em' now and then, eh? Maybe not me but someone in here reading this could report back their attemp and experience. In the meantime, like you, I am churning for my wife as well (although sometimes you wish you could churn your wife! ) and she should end up with a pretty good amount of miles to boot!
Old May 1, 2008, 9:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
i've already hit the $750 mark after my first week with the card, just waiting for the first statement. Any way to change it so the first billing cycle closes ASAP so I can get a statement and the miles? I need to make an award reservation ASAP.
Old May 2, 2008, 11:13 am

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
I don't think so. Anytime I have ever changed my cycle they always tell me it will not be effective until the next billing cycle.
Old May 2, 2008, 11:21 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by hull22
i've already hit the $750 mark after my first week with the card, just waiting for the first statement. Any way to change it so the first billing cycle closes ASAP so I can get a statement and the miles? I need to make an award reservation ASAP.
citi didn't post miles to AA with my first statement. I charged $1000, and 26000 miles shows on my statement, but not shown as "miles reported to AA" and my AA account didn't get it of course. called and was told only after I pay the bill they will be sent over.

but my wife's cards always have miles immediately sent over with each statement.
Old May 2, 2008, 3:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by mingw
citi didn't post miles to AA with my first statement. I charged $1000, and 26000 miles shows on my statement, but not shown as "miles reported to AA" and my AA account didn't get it of course. called and was told only after I pay the bill they will be sent over.

but my wife's cards always have miles immediately sent over with each statement.

This is becomming more and more the norm, Check the T&C and you will see that they have 8-10 weeks to deposit these miles to your AA account. Citi needs to reword the statement "Miles reported to AA". Because Citi only reports to AA the spending miles not the bonus, even though the statement is contrary to this fact. Expect the bonus part to show up soon, probably after the next statement.

Jim
Old May 2, 2008, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by al613
Done it and it worked for me.. At least it did with a card in my name and my wifes AA#. If questioned "Oh, I guess I grabbed the wrong card" was what I planned to say.. Why did I do it? She was maxed out on applications at the time but I was trying to catch her churned miles balance up with mine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.