Citi CashReturns Card

Old Aug 3, 07, 4:34 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Citi CashReturns Card

Busy they have been at Citi, this no annual fee card appears to be new...

Automatic cash back on purchases.... With the Citi CashReturns MasterCard®, you’ll earn 5% cash back on all purchases for 3 months and 1% thereafter.

Obvious stategy would be to apply before needing to make major purchase(s), use it only for the 90 day period, and cash out. I suspect, however, that this is a standard Mastercard, not World, not Platinum, not Gold, just Mastercard and the maximum credit limit may be disappointingly low.

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/c...o?screenID=946
Old Aug 3, 07, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Originally Posted by mia View Post
I suspect, however, that this is a standard Mastercard, not World, not Platinum, not Gold, just Mastercard and the maximum credit limit may be disappointingly low.
Citi does allow credit line reallocations, so as long as you have a large line with them, you should be able to shift things around. They seem to have been cracking down on reallocations recently, but it seems to be mainly not allowing shifting limits to cards with 0% BT offers.

EDIT: oops, I guess this card does come with a 0% BT offer. So YMMV with getting a reallocation to it.

Last edited by acf573; Aug 3, 07 at 10:36 pm
Old Aug 4, 07, 9:27 am

it seems to be basically a 1% unlimited cash back card, no special category spend, but you still have to request (and they advertise this card as automatic and simple) cash back checks and make a trip to the bank with them, low apr too it seems, ugly design -- just my opinion
Old Aug 4, 07, 1:46 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

The only reason I mentioned the card is the 5% rebate on all purchases for 90 days.
Old Aug 4, 07, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
The only reason I mentioned the card is the 5% rebate on all purchases for 90 days.
So if you get a large credit line -- stock up on necessary items, back to school etc.. for 3 months get $100's+ cash back and use the 0% APR for 12months and just dont pay it off in full until then -- that is if you have the cash normally.

Interesting they are introducing the product without a huge advert campaign in public. I take the citicards.com surveys all the time and consisentley mention why no unlimited cash back with special category spend card. This may be thier weak response.
Old Aug 4, 07, 9:03 pm

It looks like it has the lowest APR in the citi stable at 11% (i think i have seen only BoA, of the mainstream banks go any lower at 10% ..used to be 8 but now 10)
Old Apr 23, 08, 7:32 am
mia
Original Poster

The 5% offer has ended. This card now offers 1.2% cash back for 12 months, 1% thereafter.

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/c...o?screenID=946

Search this Thread
Search Engine: