Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

AADvantage Cit says applies too soon Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AADvantage Cit says applies too soon Question

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2007, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Question AADvantage Cit says applied too soon Question

I messed up. I thought I had counted 60 days between aplications. I was short days. Today a letter comes saying I have to wait 60 days between applications. My question is do I wait 60 days from last approved application or do I have to wait 60 days from this leter? I'm in need of miles real soon.
Thanks

Last edited by lkohawaii; May 17, 2007 at 10:47 pm
Old May 18, 2007, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
60 days from last application...best bet would be to call them up....
Old May 18, 2007, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks....I did call Citi and they also said 60 days from last application. The rep had to put me through many departments before I got an answer. Good to hear that you and Cit say the same thing. Will post again if my application 60 days from last application gets rejected again.
Old May 21, 2007, 6:12 am

Personally I would wait 60 days from the date of the letter. I would imagine that it is only a few days after your last application. On the other hand if you are confident with what the Citi Rep told you, go for it.
Old May 22, 2007, 8:56 pm

tried to open a b-card... had opened a regular one about 60 days out...
got "the letter" stating that it's less the 90 days that I opened the accounts...
thought business card was different from personal... then I got the "line" that I've got too high of a credit line on my "other" cards... so I called back to reduce one of the cards... (wasn't going to be using it anyway... had gotten bonus credited and was only waiting it out to cancel... who needs the additional card).
Good luck.
I'll post my findings... was told to try back tomorrow.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 2:36 pm

i got the same response. Have u got luck after you reduced ur limits?

let me know if u can apply in this condition before the 60 days. Can someone post a citi # over there? thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 5:01 pm

OK... here's what happened. I applied for CitiBusiness cards Visa and MC on same date (guess it was around May 15). Found out you can only open up ONE business card at a time (did 2 separate applications on line -- guess I was greedy). When I posted the reply above I received a letter w/rejection -- saying I had just opened a card w/in 90 days (that's the time for business card I later found out). I called up (didn't realize there was another letter sent out for other application -- denial-- think it was 'cause of too much credit on other cards) and was told about other application and that if I reduced credit line on other card there'd be no problem (which is OK w/me 'cause I'm just churning the new card and I would cut that line and I have more credit than I'd ever need) so I called up the next day to ask for a line reduction (did that on all the cards except the one I had from '91). I then called back and was told I'm good. Not being one to believe what I'm told over the phone I decided to just wait it out. Today I received the Business Visa card w/very decent credit line (told them when it was approved I didn't want such a high line). On friday I applied for Citi Amex card , we'll see what happens since I don't have an Amex card and it's been 60 days since the other cards were opened. Got card in mail at 3:30PM and 2 1/2 hrs later I've charged the $250 (had some utility bills I was waiting for the card to pay) so I'm now calling up for line reduction and then throwing card in drawer. Won't use it since I really don't have a need for it. I will use it if there's an offer at a hotel for using VISA but otherwise I'll cancel w/in a year unless there's anything tempting offered.
Hope everyone else has as easy time as I did (though it was a bit frustrating at first.. getting the miles will be worth it).
Old Jun 6, 2007, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Update: Applied 60 days after original application date. Got an e mail the other day saying welcome to Citi...your cards should arrive within 10 days. At the same time I also applied for a Business card. Haven't heard about that one yet.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Gold/1MM
Can you apply for a business card without a business?
Old Jun 9, 2007, 12:45 am
In memoriam

This question has been asked and answered a zillion times on different threads. Short answer: yep.

Somewhat longer answer: we all have many different businesses going all the time. We give advice (consulting), we run errands (special services), etc. Use your SSN as your employer ID # and all will be well. YMMV.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Originally Posted by anaggie
60 days from last application
This is the correct answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.