Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Limited to 100k miles on Citi AA while churning?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limited to 100k miles on Citi AA while churning?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2007, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by piyush
http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/ca...o?screenID=918 is the best one I know of. 20,000 miles after $ 250 spend and no annual fee in the first year
Thanks for this:
just got my card and promptly charged 270 bucks 10mins ago. In your churning experience what is the time-frame involved for miles to show up? One thing I noticed is that my AA# is not on the card as it had previously been in some AA CC I had yrs ago.

Also, curious on your strategy? you cancel after 60 days and re-apply right off the bat? Given that its a 1yr fee-free sitch I do not feel compelled to churn this thing like a rag-doll... but what do I know...
Old May 6, 2007, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
[QUOTE=psyflyer;7696482]Thanks for this:
just got my card and promptly charged 270 bucks 10mins ago. In your churning experience what is the time-frame involved for miles to show up? One thing I noticed is that my AA# is not on the card as it had previously been in some AA CC I had yrs ago.

QUOTE]

The miles should showup within 1 week of the closing of the billing period. In the recent AA cards, the AA# haven't been embossed on the card.
Old May 6, 2007, 10:49 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by psyflyer
Thanks for this:

Also, curious on your strategy? you cancel after 60 days and re-apply right off the bat? Given that its a 1yr fee-free sitch I do not feel compelled to churn this thing like a rag-doll... but what do I know...
You're welcome.

The miles will probably show up within a day or two of the statement closing date.

I don't cancel the previous card until it's annual fee time. I usually don't apply right at 60 days but more often at around 100 days. No particular reason for doing that though
Old May 7, 2007, 4:25 pm

Blah.

Last edited by NatasNJ; May 11, 2007 at 11:53 am
Old May 9, 2007, 3:14 pm

Yes for MC/Visa, you only get one AMEX bonus afaik.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.