Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi ThankYou Rewards/Airline Redemption [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi ThankYou Rewards/Airline Redemption [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2008, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by trojanman
Does anyone have feedback as to which is the best TYN card to have? I'm trying to decide between PP Elite, PP Expedia, CitiDiamond, or some other??

Feedback would be much appreciated!
I think Citi Platinum American Express is the best one there is. Take a look at this and decide for yourself: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=upgraded+amex
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Good UA Deal?

Ok, I have built up my thank you points and looking to use them. I would like some advice from the experts to see how good this deal is.

The fare I am looking to book originally is ORD-HNL in biz and expedia shows is at $2651 ($2503 actual fare), fare bases is QUA7UPN and dates I used was December 5 - December 12. Shows a $150 change fee.

The plan it is use this for a US-BKK fare in January for me and my wife.

Anyone see any problems witht that plan?
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I think Citi Platinum American Express is the best one there is. Take a look at this and decide for yourself: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=upgraded+amex
Ah, but I already have 2 AMEX cards and I'm looking for a Visa/MC option...I guess I should have clarified.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Ok, I have built up my thank you points and looking to use them. I would like some advice from the experts to see how good this deal is.

The fare I am looking to book originally is ORD-HNL in biz and expedia shows is at $2651 ($2503 actual fare), fare bases is QUA7UPN and dates I used was December 5 - December 12. Shows a $150 change fee.

The plan it is use this for a US-BKK fare in January for me and my wife.

Anyone see any problems witht that plan?
Are you aware that 90k points for $2700 limit applies to flights within continental US, Alaska and Canada? HNL requires 140k redemption. JFYI
Old Oct 31, 2008, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by trojanman
Ah, but I already have 2 AMEX cards and I'm looking for a Visa/MC option...I guess I should have clarified.
This thread is probably better for asking this question which you already did.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880050
Old Oct 31, 2008, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by kair528
Are you aware that 90k points for $2700 limit applies to flights within continental US, Alaska and Canada? HNL requires 140k redemption. JFYI
Apparently I missed that bit.......back to the drawing board!
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:08 pm

Lets try this UA ticket

For those trying to domestic biz on UA like myself.

JFK-BUR
$2645.98 base + 49.02 taxes = $2695 Total

Sample dates
November 12th to November 14th

Fare basis
ZUA7NX

Wouldnt think it would be so hard to get some 2k+ biz fares but not as easy as I would have thought!
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:13 pm

JFK-BUR

Sample dates

Fare basis
ZUA7NX

Wouldnt think it would be so hard to get some 2k+ biz fares but not as easy as I would have thought!
I hear ya...
There might be a Sat. night staying requirement. IIRC.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:33 pm
Mul

Tempting tempting.... now I need to get those TY points...
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond

JFK-BUR

Sample dates

Fare basis
ZUA7NX

is it non-rrefundable? very important
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by psychtobe
is it non-rrefundable? very important
It shows as non-refundable with a $150 change fee when I look at the fare info on expedia. I haven't booked this via thank you yet etc though.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 2:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mul
Tempting tempting.... now I need to get those TY points...
Points first, fare second; in the absence of another devaluation, there's really no reason to panic. Basically, you'll always be able to get close to the magic number on any airline (a year or so year back, we had no trouble doing the same when the 2700 benchmark applied to coach fares). If TYN threatens to change the terms, we'll be under the gun. Until then, sleep well.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 6:56 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
I will ask this again. For those of you trying to get UA vouchers, I have two questions. Does the entire value of the voucher have to be used within 1 year of the original date of cancellation (ie: subsequent purchases won't extend the life of the voucher)? Can the voucher be used to purchase tix for other people (friends and family) other than the original pax? TIA.

LAX
Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:39 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
i did the JFK-BUR flight -- it booked into Z, if I remember correctly, and I ran into no issues other than having to wait 3 months for UA to issue vouchers!

Originally Posted by LAX
Does the entire value of the voucher have to be used within 1 year of the original date of cancellation (ie: subsequent purchases won't extend the life of the voucher)? Can the voucher be used to purchase tix for other people (friends and family) other than the original pax?
Question 1: Yes, you must use the entire voucher amount in the 12 months following the date of issue. Subsequent purchases do not extend the life of the voucher.

Question 2: Yes, I'm pretty sure you can use the voucher to purchase tickets for other people. It's effectively like cash.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:59 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
i did the JFK-BUR flight -- it booked into Z, if I remember correctly, and I ran into no issues other than having to wait 3 months for UA to issue vouchers!

Question 1: Yes, you must use the entire voucher amount in the 12 months following the date of issue. Subsequent purchases do not extend the life of the voucher.

Question 2: Yes, I'm pretty sure you can use the voucher to purchase tickets for other people. It's effectively like cash.
Thanks for your insights.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.