Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Ultima card ? [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Citi Ultima card ? [Consolidated]

are services and benefits up to the black card standard?
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
http://www.citigroup.com/citigroup/p...03/031016d.htm
Old Jul 21, 2005, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by hkguy
are services and benefits up to the black card standard?
Definitely not.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...itibank+ultima FYI, I'm not renewing mine. In fact, I think Citibank might be discontinuing the Ultima in the very near future.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uhoo
Definitely not.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...itibank+ultima FYI, I'm not renewing mine. In fact, I think Citibank might be discontinuing the Ultima in the very near future.
are you based in hk, singapore or india?

the card has just been launched for a couple of years only
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:04 am

Citi Ultima card available in USA?

I know that in the USA the Citi Prestige is Citibank's high level credit card offered but overseas the Citi Ultima card seems to be a higher level. Does anyone know if the Ultima card exists here in the USA?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:49 am

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Citi+Ultima+card
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Thank you, but I performed a Google search before moving AAdmiral's question from another thread. In the announced markets, the card is nominally available by invitation only, based on assets managed by Citi. It would not necessarily be advertised if it were available in the USA.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by mikex163
I did a google search first before posting about wether the Citi Ultima was being issued in the USA. My question was specific to the card be offered in the USA. I am aware of Citi offering the Ultima card in India, Singapore, UAE, China, and Hong Kong.

Last edited by AAdmiral; Mar 6, 2015 at 11:44 am
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
I know that in the USA the Citi Prestige is Citibank's high level credit card offered but overseas the Citi Ultima card seems to be a higher level. Does anyone know if the Ultima card exists here in the USA?
It is not offered in the U.S.

Like J.P. Morgan Palladium Card, if Citi offers such card, it can't avoid exposure.

Beside, the U.S. market is way different from most Asian markets. In the U.S., people are not used to pay AF unless the benefits can substantiate the AF. In Asian markets, like Hong Kong, AF come with all cards, except you can ask to be waived in most of the cases. Of course, Citi Ultima card can't be waived for sure.

percysmith, a FTer, know Hong Kong credit card market really well. You should sent him a PM.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by uhoo
In fact, I think Citibank might be discontinuing the Ultima in the very near future.
It is definitely not discontinued. In some markets it's in metal now. (Not everywhere though.)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
Beside, the U.S. market is way different from most Asian markets. In the U.S., people are not used to pay AF unless the benefits can substantiate the AF. In Asian markets, like Hong Kong, AF come with all cards, except you can ask to be waived in most of the cases. Of course, Citi Ultima card can't be waived for sure
It is not the case with Asian markets. Most of the cards are free, unconditionally or with some amount of spending. Only top cards have non-waived fee, but then they normally have substantial benefits like annual miles packages, unlimited lounge access (in some cases not only PP/DragonPass, but EVA lounges, for example), complimentary airport transfers etc.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I have combined two older threads discussing this product. Note that Citi is now primarily a MasterCard issuer in the USA market.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by mia
I have combined two older threads discussing this product. Note that Citi is now primarily a MasterCard issuer in the USA market.
Ultima is Visa Infinite in some markets and MasterCard World Elite in other. Perhaps it would make sense to remove "Visa" from the header.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 12:28 pm

Wondering with Prestige Card discontinuation in the USA if Citi might release the Ultima card. Convert existing Prestige cards and launch a new product to compete with Chase Sapphire Reserve, Capital One Venture X, American Express TPC. Can’t believe Citi would just abandon this market to their rivals.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 1:37 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
The Prestige is still being offered in a number of international markets. I think Citi is really focusing on a different market segment in the US at this point. No issuer needs to be in every segment, and who knows if the Prestige product in the US was ever profitable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.