Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you are a Citigold member.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Fees are waived for less than what is required for citigold - so if you have a citigold and meet those requirements, all your other accounts will be waived as well - Even your ATM fees at non-citibank atms are waived - the other bank might charge you, but citibank doesn't. That is how I first started banking at Citibank. A new branch opened near me - I believe that they were giving 10,000 AA miles for opening a checking account - I was going to Europe and wanted an international ATM card that didn't charge. Since European ATMs don't charge it was the best way to get cash. That may change with the new conversion charges on ATM withdrawals.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by dgordon
Fees are waived for less than what is required for citigold - so if you have a citigold and meet those requirements, all your other accounts will be waived as well - Even your ATM fees at non-citibank atms are waived - the other bank might charge you, but citibank doesn't. That is how I first started banking at Citibank. A new branch opened near me - I believe that they were giving 10,000 AA miles for opening a checking account - I was going to Europe and wanted an international ATM card that didn't charge. Since European ATMs don't charge it was the best way to get cash. That may change with the new conversion charges on ATM withdrawals.

OK and Citibank will refund me the fee's charged by other banks. I just call 800-756-1200 number and tell them I got charged 2.50 by Bank of America for taking out cash they will issue me a credit of $2.50. .

Citigold guide is what you get if you have around $100K. If you combined balance is much higher they will of coarse waive more fees or you give some other extra benfits. Like computer checks, free outgoing wires , cheaper stock trades, rebate non citibank atm fee's etc.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 2:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
refer a friend program

Is citigold offering any refer a friend program now?
Old Sep 6, 2005, 2:58 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
There was some discussion on other thread (off the topic of that thread) that combines some good summary of CitiGold benefits that maybe benefitial to others on this CitiGold post. Focus on my posts and dgordon on Sept 2, 05 which covers quite a bit on many questions posted on this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390111

And to answer the new question, from what I know, there is no referal awards yet for US CitiGold....many in other countries do, e.g. Singapore.

Btw, thought about initiating this CitiGold thread a couple days back, glad someone did it....THANKS. This way CitiGold members can communicate and share some hidden benefits ! For those who think of opening one, welcome to CitiGold ! In my opinion, it is VERY VERY WORTH !!!!

Last edited by kiam; Sep 6, 2005 at 3:02 am
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:47 am

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Summarized anwers to questions.

1. During application, choose one credit card on the list or none, up to you. Once you become CitiGold and have other annual fee credit cards (Citi, of course), call CitiGold to have it/them linked to CitiGold, fees wil be waived. No limit number of cards as long as they are below 85 USD (or 95 for Diners club). I got my PremierPass Elite fee waived after one phone call.
2. 200 USD bonus for opening a regular checking account should still be available up until now, once that is opened, u can easily upgrade to CitiGold with some additional paperwork (there wasn't another bonus for this at the time I did mine last year and I don't think there is one now either). If you have no current account with CitiBank, opening a new one can be done online now (last year up until Q4, online application was not available).
3. Your IRA accounts can be included as part of 100K min requirements. This is a great deal since those who are even thinking of becoming a CitiGold members, should have at least or over 100K in their IRAs/401k at the moment. So 100K min requirement is a piece of cake on this particular case.
4. 250K mortgage is considered meeting min balance requirement.
5. 100K is a relationship based account, this includes checking, savings... Credit card "owed" balance is considered as part of total balance combined to meet 100K requirements. ADD to total balance, not SUBTRACT.
6. For those who think of opening CitiGold, take a look at the new "e-savings" account they have going on at the moment. This savings account gives you >3% APR (US residents only) while their conventional CitiGold Money Preferred Market is only 2.33%.
7. Checking is definitely fee free....again, this is relationship based, it looks at ALL accounts you have. As long as total is 100K, no problem (otherwise monthly service fee is 25 USD). I got mine below for the first time last month, no charge at all....this is good.

Any questions I missed?
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:45 am

In my most recent statement, there was an insert about applying for the AAdvantage card, getting 15K miles and having the fee waived for citigold. That is the first time that I have seen the miles offerred. In the past, I have applied for a card with a mileage bonus, and after getting my miles, and having the fee charge, then I have called citigold to have the fee waived. So they have made this positive change that you can get 15K bonus miles, so make sure for anything signing up for citigold, that you know you should get the 15K bonus miles.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:12 am

In my most recent statement, there was an insert about applying for the AAdvantage card, getting 15K miles and having the fee waived for citigold. That is the first time that I have seen the miles offerred. In the past, I have applied for a card with a mileage bonus, and after getting my miles, and having the fee charge, then I have called citigold to have the fee waived. So they have made this positive change that you can get 15K bonus miles, so make sure for anything signing up for citigold, that you know you should get the 15K bonus miles.
This is actually the current promo for everyone when applying for an AA card (Platinum) to get 15K miles plus annual fee waived for 1st yr (although as CitiGold clients, we don't really care anyway whether the fee is free or charged as we get waived no matter what). I emailed CitiGold to confirm whether I can still get the bonus miles even though I had and closed the AA Platinum account 1-2 yrs ago, they said YES. So, I just applied for one yesterday....
Old Sep 11, 2005, 7:23 am

As a Citigold member, I already have my Citi PremierPass Elite ($75), Diners Club (95), my spouse Diners Club (another $95) fee waived. Do you think I can still apply and waive the fee for AAdvantage card after getting the 15k miles?
Old Sep 11, 2005, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by maulah
As a Citigold member, I already have my Citi PremierPass Elite ($75), Diners Club (95), my spouse Diners Club (another $95) fee waived. Do you think I can still apply and waive the fee for AAdvantage card after getting the 15k miles?
If you closed the card (AA Platinum) more than 6 months ago or never have the card, YES YOU CAN !!!!
Old Sep 11, 2005, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by kiam
6. For those who think of opening CitiGold, take a look at the new "e-savings" account they have going on at the moment. This savings account gives you >3% APR (US residents only) while their conventional CitiGold Money Preferred Market is only 2.33%.
What do you mean by e-savings account. This account is not advertized on their web site atleast?
Old Sep 11, 2005, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by maulah
What do you mean by e-savings account. This account is not advertized on their web site atleast?
It pops up here and there but not all the time. And if you choose to click "open a new account" it won't have the e-savings account available either. U have to call CitiGold and ask for the link (they will provide you a special URL), You can then apply from there, I already deleted my bookmark on this one otherwise I will provide it to you.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 9:07 am

This insert was specifically directed to Citigold. In the past, citigold customers would lose out on the bonus miles if the card was checked off when opening the account, the implication being that having the fee waived made you ineligible. The same with Diner's Club. The first year I had it I paid the fee, the next year got a 5000 point retention bonus, then called tdo have the second year's fee waived. I was told that I wouldn't get points if the fee was waived. Also, secondary cards with Diner's Club are $35 not $95 (at least that is what it was when I first got those secondary cards).
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:16 pm

Also, secondary cards with Diner's Club are $35 not $95 (at least that is what it was when I first got those secondary cards).
You are right. Secondary cards with DC are $35 but my wife applied not for secondary but her own independant card so that she can benefit from 12K points. I wanted this specially because her name will be reported to the credit beauru any ways and the fee will be waived so why not benefit from the points.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:50 pm

I assume then that she is a co-owner of the checking account. I was able to get secondary cards for members of my family who are not listed. When my daughter turned 18, I listed her on one of my citigold accounts (I have 2, 1 personal, 1 business), so that she could get a fee free AAdvantage card. I think if she had her own DC card, she would never get enough points on her own to amount to anything, and we don't use it much anyway.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:54 am

e-savings account

Originally Posted by kiam
It pops up here and there but not all the time. And if you choose to click "open a new account" it won't have the e-savings account available either. U have to call CitiGold and ask for the link (they will provide you a special URL), You can then apply from there, I already deleted my bookmark on this one otherwise I will provide it to you.
Finally! I was able to dig out this mysterious e-savings account. First I called Citigold which was of not much help. He told me to type in a url but that required a promotion code and the CSR was clueless. Thanks to google, I got the link and the code

To my surprise no Citibank branches are offering this account. It has to be online and has one of the best rates 3.25% APY. Right now ing direct gives you 3.30% APY. Question is why did'nt I know of it earlier Anyhow I canceled my stupid Money Market account (2.80% APY) and changed it to e-savings Thanks to flyer Talk Forum and ofcourse kiam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.