View Poll Results: Which Sears related card(s) do you use?
My card earns ThankYou points (TYP).
30.30%
My card earns Shop Your Way points (SYW).
66.67%
I have both the TYP and SYW versions.
0%
My Sears card earns no rewards.
0%
I follow this thread, but I do not use a Sears card.
3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hurnik
To read previous discussion click HERE

Application link for the Shop Your Way (SYW) MasterCard is HERE.

Accumulating points, expiration, and redemptions:
You can accumulate SYW points in some of the following methods:
  • Bonus offers sent to your email (ie: Spend $750 on Online and get 200,000 SYW Bonus points)
  • Regular spend - categories: 5% in gas, 3% in grocery/restaurants, 2% in SYW Merchants, 1% everywhere else
  • "Missions" in the SYW App (iPhone/Android)
Expiration of points:
Not all points have the same expiration timeframe. Some bonus/incentive points expire in 30 days or less. Most are 1 year. You can check in the SYW app, or the shopyourway.com website. Make sure to redeem the points before they expire!!!!

Redemptions:
You can only redeem $200 worth per day. So if you redeem for a $200 GC, you have to wait until the next day to make another redemption of any amount.

What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
  • Texas de Brazil (.com site for GC, VIP cards) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO
What didn't count as Restaurnt purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Texas de Brazil.com (GC,VIP cards, etc.) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears and Shop Your Way (SYW) Cards

Old Feb 2, 2024, 2:02 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Is this card really worth burning a Chase 5/24 slot?
Definitely, especially if it's a TYP version.
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 2:06 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Is this card really worth burning a Chase 5/24 slot?
Originally Posted by yugi
Definitely, especially if it's a TYP version.
To my knowledge it is no longer possible to apply for the TYP version.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 2:12 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mia
To my knowledge it is no longer possible to apply for the TYP version.
Yes, I applied for SYWR version, then converted to TYP, but this was 5 years ago.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
Yes, I applied for SYWR version, then converted to TYP, but this was 5 years ago.
No more TYPs as far as I know. I would like the TYP Sears version and earn true cash back at 1cpp or even 1.1cpp and not have to mess with gift cards but with 1% CB only, I'm thinking it's better to have the 5%/3% SYW version and mess with gift cards.
hurnik and TyrannicalDuncery like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:15 pm

Finally, got my SO a SYW card as well....hope they keep the offers coming.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
It seems like the TYP is very lucrative (BUT NOT AVAILABLE) and the SYW makes you jump through a lot of hoops for nothing special?
Old Feb 2, 2024, 8:00 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
SYW makes you jump through a lot of hoops for nothing special?
Originally Posted by ptatohed
....($250 in points) for $1,000 on-line spend
$250 for $1,000 spend is a 25% reward. What would you consider special?
Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:04 pm

I personally like my SYW card. Even if the offer's aren't there, it is still a 5% gas card. Sure the rewards is in SYW points, but it does allow you to redeem as a Visa e-gift card. I don't know if they changed anything recently, but I used to redeem those Visa e-gift cards to pay my bills. So it is ok in my book. But the offers are bonkers and what makes the card so good. Currently I'm sitting on three different offers running at the same time. 10% in gas, grocery, restaurant ($500 min spend per month and lasts a whole year), 6% in online spending ($500 min spend for this month), and 5% on everything else ($400 min spend for the next 3 months). They even give me a 0% financing offer on $400 purchases for the whole year.

There is not a single other card that can give me 10% in grocery, gas, and restaurant for a whole year as long as meet the min spending of $500 every month. Then they throw in another 5% on top of that as long as I meet $400 min spending every month for the next 3 months. That is absurd. Today's cards are where 5% is generally considered the best rewards rate for any given category and the Sears card of all things blow them all out of the water. This is all not even considering the 5% gas/ 3%grocery/ 3% restaurant SYW rewards.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:58 pm

It seems like the TYP is very lucrative (BUT NOT AVAILABLE) and the SYW makes you jump through a lot of hoops for nothing special?
Nothing special, huh? You haven't been reading along with all the countless posts here?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:58 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by ptatohed
Nothing special, huh? You haven't been reading along with all the countless posts here?
Almost certainly the most lucrative non-MS card ever, and it’s nothing special lol.

The airlines really did a great job marketing their miles.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 4:11 pm

Yeah, similar to what the others said. For a churner it may not seem like much (ET mentioned 5/24 so maybe that's where they are coming from).
But as someone with medium organic spend and a fear of true churning, this is a great card for me. It seems like the ROI is actually higher than most of the churning SUBs, although I'm no expert. But the caps are probably lower, so if you MS then maybe it's not worth your time. (But then why not both?)
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by TyrannicalDuncery
Yeah, similar to what the others said. For a churner it may not seem like much (ET mentioned 5/24 so maybe that's where they are coming from).
But as someone with medium organic spend and a fear of true churning, this is a great card for me. It seems like the ROI is actually higher than most of the churning SUBs, although I'm no expert. But the caps are probably lower, so if you MS then maybe it's not worth your time. (But then why not both?)
But even the intro bonus of $225 on the SYW isn't too shabby! And, for me, my special offers started coming in during the intro spend period and I was able to double dip with my spend.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 11:49 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Is anyone having problems making online purchase with the SYW card? Whenever I try to make a charge on a site that requires a one-time passcode (3D Secure I believe it's called), I get an error message saying no email or phone contact details have been provided and therefore no passcode can be sent. My profile has both a cell phone and email address, of course, and the call center confirmed with the security team that it's on file. It's making hitting the spend targets for online spend challenging...
Old Feb 4, 2024, 12:38 am

Ouch, sorry about that. I haven't had issues like that. A few times I've had to provide some kind of SMS code but it's been fine.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 6:28 am

For the $100/$200 grocery, etc offer do you have to wait until the statement posts before starting the next month?

I completed in Jan but statement won't end until Feb 10. I will be changing my statement posting end date so it falls closer to the beginning of the month after Jan posts.

I couldn't do it before this offer since I just got the card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.