View Poll Results: Which Sears related card(s) do you use?
My card earns ThankYou points (TYP).
34.48%
My card earns Shop Your Way points (SYW).
62.07%
I have both the TYP and SYW versions.
0%
My Sears card earns no rewards.
0%
I follow this thread, but I do not use a Sears card.
3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hurnik
To read previous discussion click HERE

Application link for the Shop Your Way (SYW) MasterCard is HERE.

Accumulating points, expiration, and redemptions:
You can accumulate SYW points in some of the following methods:
  • Bonus offers sent to your email (ie: Spend $750 on Online and get 200,000 SYW Bonus points)
  • Regular spend - categories: 5% in gas, 3% in grocery/restaurants, 2% in SYW Merchants, 1% everywhere else
  • "Missions" in the SYW App (iPhone/Android)
Expiration of points:
Not all points have the same expiration timeframe. Some bonus/incentive points expire in 30 days or less. Most are 1 year. You can check in the SYW app, or the shopyourway.com website. Make sure to redeem the points before they expire!!!!

Redemptions:
You can only redeem $200 worth per day. So if you redeem for a $200 GC, you have to wait until the next day to make another redemption of any amount.

What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
  • Texas de Brazil (.com site for GC, VIP cards) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO
What didn't count as Restaurnt purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Texas de Brazil.com (GC,VIP cards, etc.) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your Credit Home page, and find Available Credit at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says Request Increase to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears and Shop Your Way (SYW) Cards

Old Jan 26, 2024, 11:33 am

I made a purchase at raise.com and cardcash.com last night. I hope they count as on-line!
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by ptatohed
I made a purchase at raise.com and cardcash.com last night. I hope they count as on-line!
I tried both of those as well, before my last statement closed. I'm having issues and haven't received my progress email yet, but they claimed that they will send it to me next week. I'll let you know if they count on mine. (Tried this as well.)
ptatohed likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by berombeu
Statement closed yesterday. No credit yet.
same here. Statement closed a couple of days ago. See the credit for the utility promotion but not the $200 for $2000 GGR.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 4:50 pm

What counts and doesn't count

Originally Posted by ptatohed
Thanks again ptatohed! It looks like those did not work for me. Can you let me know whether they work for you? I think there is a minor chance that they are misinforming or mistreating me. (see below)

After a week of customer service interactions, I still haven't gotten my email and their explanations for why have all fallen apart. However, a few agents did tell me that my offer had activated and one agent told me which of my transactions worked and didn't work. They claimed to be able to tell me what worked and didn't work, even after my last statement close. Here is what that agent said:
  • online spend worked: these (obvious)
  • online spend did not work: these, this, this, this
  • so so far, everything with ".com" in my statement worked and everything without it failed
  • ptatohed made a c***cash purchase about a week after me, and theirs showed up with a ".com" on their statement while mine did not. We both purchased on the website on a PC, but theirs was a physical card and mine was virtual.

Last edited by TyrannicalDuncery; Jan 30, 2024 at 3:05 pm Reason: final point
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by mani1111
While Giftcardmall.com counts as an online purchase, the Evisa gift cards only go up to $250 (with a $5.95 fee). Does Slate Lining Digital | Mastercard (mastercardgiftcard.com) work as an online purchase? Has anyone tried?

Thanks!
Have you tried GiftCardMall recently? Has anyone else out there? I see it listed at the top and mentioned here, but I wanted to see whether anyone has actually tried it recently.

This DoC comment spooked me a bit. It's related to a different offer, but it's a case where GiftCardMall used to work and then a user speculated that something changed and it stopped working: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv-...omment-1090477. However, I think they never followed up to verify that it failed.

Last edited by TyrannicalDuncery; Jan 30, 2024 at 6:48 pm Reason: added "I think"
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:43 am

No. I hadnt tried giftcardmall and was just going by the wiki.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 8:40 am

Alright, I have a puzzle for you nerds.
  • I have the SYW card, so does my friend.
  • Recently, we each used our SYW credit card to buy physical gift cards from CardCash.com. We are both in the US and we both made the order on a PC, in browser, using the card directly (not PayPal or anything).
  • The charge shows up on my statement as "CARDCASH 8002274214 NJ"
  • The charge shows up on my friend's statement as "CARDCASH.COM BRICK NJ"
Why does it show up differently on our two statements?
  • My guess is that this is something on the merchant's end. Does that sound right?
  • Is there typically someone manually tagging each transaction as it comes through? I'm guessing no.
Some more detail:
  • I don't think it's a timing thing. I actually made 2 transactions, one a week before my friend and one a few days after. Both times it showed up as "CARDCASH 8002274214 NJ" instead of - "CARDCASH.COM BRICK NJ"
  • I did buy different things than my friend. My transactions were each under $50, one for Speedway Fuel an one for Walmart. My friend's transaction was between $50 and $100, for Golden Corral.
ptatohed likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:13 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
In the past if you purchased gas in app it would qualify as an online purchase. I can confirm that those types of transactions that used to qualify for the online spend promo no longer do.
hurnik and TyrannicalDuncery like this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:00 pm

Even if I am not chasing an on-line order, but I am using my card for GGR, I always end up with some on-line spend. I can only assume this is from ordering fast food using either my phone apps (or less often, the restaurant's website). I do get the 3% dining either way but I guess sometimes fast food orders double as on-line spend. I really need to pay attention and figure which apps work as both!
Old Feb 1, 2024, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Is this card really worth burning a Chase 5/24 slot?
Old Feb 1, 2024, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Is this card really worth burning a Chase 5/24 slot?
Only you can decide. I can't think of another Chase card that is more lucrative.
hurnik and TyrannicalDuncery like this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 9:18 pm

ptatohed,
please enjoy this promotional APR of

0.00% on all new purchases after activation made outside of Sears, Kmart and Shop Your Way with your Shop Your Way Mastercard until* 2/1/2025.
After that, your regular, variable purchase APR will apply: 30.49% This APR is as of 1/24/2024 and will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
Activate your offer by 2/25/2024.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:11 am

Just got an offer for 5x points on home improvement stores. IIRC best buy worked for this last year and stacked w/online purchase offers.
hurnik likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:19 am

Woo-hoo, already got my 250,000 SYW points ($250 in points) for $1,000 on-line spend even though I am only halfway through the period.

To get to $1000 on-line spend, I paid / pre-paid about $700 in utilities (maybe overdid it a little, I admit). That gave me the double-dip 5% utils offer, so I have a $35 statement credit too.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 2:01 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mani1111
same here. Statement closed a couple of days ago. See the credit for the utility promotion but not the $200 for $2000 GGR.
Same. I see utility and online, but no GGR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.