View Poll Results: Which Sears related card(s) do you use?
My card earns ThankYou points (TYP).
31.25%
My card earns Shop Your Way points (SYW).
65.63%
I have both the TYP and SYW versions.
0%
My Sears card earns no rewards.
0%
I follow this thread, but I do not use a Sears card.
3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hurnik
To read previous discussion click HERE

Application link for the Shop Your Way (SYW) MasterCard is HERE.

Accumulating points, expiration, and redemptions:
You can accumulate SYW points in some of the following methods:
  • Bonus offers sent to your email (ie: Spend $750 on Online and get 200,000 SYW Bonus points)
  • Regular spend - categories: 5% in gas, 3% in grocery/restaurants, 2% in SYW Merchants, 1% everywhere else
  • "Missions" in the SYW App (iPhone/Android)
Expiration of points:
Not all points have the same expiration timeframe. Some bonus/incentive points expire in 30 days or less. Most are 1 year. You can check in the SYW app, or the shopyourway.com website. Make sure to redeem the points before they expire!!!!

Redemptions:
You can only redeem $200 worth per day. So if you redeem for a $200 GC, you have to wait until the next day to make another redemption of any amount.

What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
  • Texas de Brazil (.com site for GC, VIP cards) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO
What didn't count as Restaurnt purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Texas de Brazil.com (GC,VIP cards, etc.) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears and Shop Your Way (SYW) Cards

Old Jan 20, 2024, 4:17 pm

Thanks mia! Yeah, I spent a couple hours looking through there and that's where a lot of the fear comes from. I can't say I'm an expert though.

However, I wasn't looking through all that systematically. Having said that, I didn't see any consolidated list of what works and doesn't work. (perhaps that's because of opsec or because things change so quickly?)
Old Jan 22, 2024, 7:57 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
7,500 Bonus ThankYou® Points

Then, use your Sears Mastercard®

to make eligible online purchases totaling $750 or more from 01/15/2024 (or the date you activate this offer, whichever is later) through 02/14/20241 for this offer.

Only purchases made after activation will apply
towards receiving your Bonus ThankYou Points.

Hurry! Offer ends 02/14/2024.

Came by email today
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 8:10 am

Statement closed yesterday. No credit yet.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by berombeu
Statement closed yesterday. No credit yet.
Same here! This person got a progress email for the online spend offer. https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Cre.../true#M1861055
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by TyrannicalDuncery
Same here! This person got a progress email for the online spend offer. https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Cre.../true#M1861055
I got the progress email for spending online offer, but not the GGR offer. LOL
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:22 pm

I got the progress email for spending online offer, but not the GGR offer. LOL
What time did you get your progress email? I'm getting nervous, I haven't gotten my online spend progress email yet.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by TyrannicalDuncery
What time did you get your progress email? I'm getting nervous, I haven't gotten my online spend progress email yet.
Today at 7:02 am ET and spend was $0. Didn't have much to spend online and don't know what counts and what not.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thanks [MENTION=10058593]berombeu[/MENTION]!
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mia
You have asked this question five times, with no response. I would take this as a good indication that no one participating in this thread has both cards. If you want the Shop Your Way version I would apply. I do not see a downside.
Since the Sears TYP thread was made to include the SYW card, the thread has effectively became the SYW thread.
I feel the SYW should have it's own separate thread and the TYP thread can resume as it was prior to this inclusion.
Am I the only one?
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:41 pm

I'm good either way. I'm new and don't have TYP, but I trust your judgment. But whoever sets up any new threads, I'd appreciate a link to them so I can follow! There is often information relevant to both.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 4:35 pm

Today at 7:02 am ET and spend was $0. Didn't have much to spend online and don't know what counts and what not.
Thanks again! After some customer service persistence, it turns out that I didn't get the email because their team is still deciding on whether one of my transactions counts toward the offer. hopefully I'm not about to get the axe. They said that team will call me in the next couple days. They claim that I will get my progress email after that.

I didn't do anything sus that I know of (especially compared to some of the stuff I've seen people do).

Last edited by TyrannicalDuncery; Jan 24, 2024 at 7:11 pm
Old Jan 24, 2024, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
Since the Sears TYP thread was made to include the SYW card, the thread has effectively became the SYW thread.
I feel the SYW should have it's own separate thread and the TYP thread can resume as it was prior to this inclusion.
Am I the only one?
I think they should stay combined since the TYP and SYW cards are so similar. While there might be a few people asking about both, or the occasional question about doing a PC, everyone's basically here for the offers, and the offers are basically identical except for being TYP or SYWP or statement credits. They all seem to be for the same kinds of spend, for the same offer durations, what counts as spend is the same, and as far as I know the points/credits seem to post at the same time too.
ptatohed likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by yepperoni
I think they should stay combined since the TYP and SYW cards are so similar. While there might be a few people asking about both, or the occasional question about doing a PC, everyone's basically here for the offers, and the offers are basically identical except for being TYP or SYWP or statement credits. They all seem to be for the same kinds of spend, for the same offer durations, what counts as spend is the same, and as far as I know the points/credits seem to post at the same time too.
I'm ok with the combo thread too. I would just ask that if someone is asking a question or informing on a topic that might be applicable to one card and maybe not the other, they state which card they are referring to (SYW or Sears).
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:32 am

Hello,
New member here. But have read through almost all the posts here and thanks for the helpful insights.
I have had the SYW card now for past few years and have also received some of the same offers.
Currently have the $100/$200 GGR for 1K/2K, online for $75/1K and the 5% utility offer.
I usually try to match with the points posted on SYW site to confirm if a purchase counted as GGR or not.
I have noticed that points are not posting for the past 9 days for me now on the SYW site. Usually, they would post within 2-3 days. I contacted CSR through the website, and they said it could take 7-10 days, which hasn’t been the case in the past for me. I have multiple transactions that have not posted since Jan 17th.

Just curious if anybody else has similar issue. Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2024, 11:09 am

While Giftcardmall.com counts as an online purchase, the Evisa gift cards only go up to $250 (with a $5.95 fee). Does Slate Lining Digital | Mastercard (mastercardgiftcard.com) work as an online purchase? Has anyone tried?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.