Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hurnik
To read previous discussion click HERE

Application link for the Shop Your Way (SYW) MasterCard is HERE.

Accumulating points, expiration, and redemptions:
You can accumulate SYW points in some of the following methods:
  • Bonus offers sent to your email (ie: Spend $750 on Online and get 200,000 SYW Bonus points)
  • Regular spend - categories: 5% in gas, 3% in grocery/restaurants, 2% in SYW Merchants, 1% everywhere else
  • "Missions" in the SYW App (iPhone/Android)
Expiration of points:
Not all points have the same expiration timeframe. Some bonus/incentive points expire in 30 days or less. Most are 1 year. You can check in the SYW app, or the shopyourway.com website. Make sure to redeem the points before they expire!!!!

Redemptions:
You can only redeem $200 worth per day. So if you redeem for a $200 GC, you have to wait until the next day to make another redemption of any amount.

What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
  • Texas de Brazil (.com site for GC, VIP cards) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO
What didn't count as Restaurnt purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Texas de Brazil.com (GC,VIP cards, etc.) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your Credit Home page, and find Available Credit at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says Request Increase to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears and Shop Your Way (SYW) Cards

Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:16 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by libralibra
It's been more than a week since I got over the $1000 GGR spend and I don't see any statement credit yet. Usually it shows up in 4-5 days. Has anyone gotten it yet?

Is it different for these 2 tiered type of bonuses? Mine has always been 10% back, and as soon as you get over the lower threshold, you see the credit, and then each addl purchase triggers as a separate credit.

The fine print this time does have a new line "Limit one statement credit per month.", so I wonder if it's because of the large amount of gc I purchased this time or just because a single credit will be made after the month is over.
No one knows since this is a new promotion. My guess is that they wait until the end of the month and then calculate whether you qualify for $0, $100, or $200.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by jags86
No one knows since this is a new promotion. My guess is that they wait until the end of the month and then calculate whether you qualify for $0, $100, or $200.
I won't have enough for January, but my statements close on the 26th. Typically my credits will post a day or two before that, but sometimes they'll be backdated (ie: on the 26th, I'll have a credit post date of like the 1st or the 3rd). But I've never had my credits hit 4-6 days after meeting the spend, unless it coincidentally happened towards the statement closing date.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
I won't have enough for January, but my statements close on the 26th. Typically my credits will post a day or two before that, but sometimes they'll be backdated (ie: on the 26th, I'll have a credit post date of like the 1st or the 3rd). But I've never had my credits hit 4-6 days after meeting the spend, unless it coincidentally happened towards the statement closing date.
Statement close date has never been a criteria for any of these promos so I don't see why that would affect anything.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 11:05 am

Statement close date has never been a criteria for any of these promos so I don't see why that would affect anything.
In the past (I'm assuming it will continue to be this way), the closing date does affect what you get paid and when.

For example, let's say the promo is 10% statement credits, max $80 on Gas, groceries, restaurants with anything $700 or more per month.
My closing date is the 26th. Let's say on the 24th I've only spent $580. I won't see any statement credit as of the 24th. On the 25th I spend $120 to meet the $700 threshold. On the 26th I'll see $70 statement credit. But there's anywhere from 4-7 more days left in the month after the statement closing date. If I spend another $100 between the 26th and the 31st, (let's say I meet it on the 29th), I'll see a second statement credit, for $10 but it will post on say, the 30th, and won't be reflected until the NEXT statement closing on the 26th.

Other example, is times I've met the requirement on say, the 15th of the month. I won't see the statement credit of $80 until the 26th.

So, in my cases, the statement closing date DOES affect what amount I get and WHEN. The post that you replied to the person said they have already met the min. $1,000 spend for this month but not seeing the statement credit yet. I was replying explaining a possible reason why (their statement closing date hasn't hit yet).

Ideally if everyone's statement closing date was the last of the month, but that won't happen.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:09 pm

Still no credit today, but I do see the activated offer now under the offer tab - however no running total in the fine print like the others.

All my other promos have always posted consistently. Sounds like other people's post once a month to begin with?

Here's how mine works - say I have already spent $600 out of the $700 required and then:
  • day 1 spend $100: nothing in history, bal unchanged, but credit avail drops by $100
  • day 2-3: txn shows in history, bal increases by $100, credit avail same
  • day 5-7: txn history shows $70 credit (backdated to stmt start date), bal decreases $70, credit avail increases $70
Even if these dates span my statement end date, it doesn't affect the timeline, but maybe just the payment due.

If I spend another $50, the timeline repeats for the addl $5 credit.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
In the past (I'm assuming it will continue to be this way), the closing date does affect what you get paid and when.

For example, let's say the promo is 10% statement credits, max $80 on Gas, groceries, restaurants with anything $700 or more per month.
My closing date is the 26th. Let's say on the 24th I've only spent $580. I won't see any statement credit as of the 24th. On the 25th I spend $120 to meet the $700 threshold. On the 26th I'll see $70 statement credit. But there's anywhere from 4-7 more days left in the month after the statement closing date. If I spend another $100 between the 26th and the 31st, (let's say I meet it on the 29th), I'll see a second statement credit, for $10 but it will post on say, the 30th, and won't be reflected until the NEXT statement closing on the 26th.

Other example, is times I've met the requirement on say, the 15th of the month. I won't see the statement credit of $80 until the 26th.

So, in my cases, the statement closing date DOES affect what amount I get and WHEN. The post that you replied to the person said they have already met the min. $1,000 spend for this month but not seeing the statement credit yet. I was replying explaining a possible reason why (their statement closing date hasn't hit yet).

Ideally if everyone's statement closing date was the last of the month, but that won't happen.
Your statement closing date has to do with when your statement credits are credited. Finishing an offer near a statement closing date doesn't cause your credits to come in faster or slower. All your statement closing date affects is the date the credit is posted. Credits are always posted to the first date of the current statement cycle. E.G. if your statement cycle started on 12/26/23 a promo achieved on 1/13/24 would credit to 12/26/23. A promo achieved on 1/29/24 will credit to 1/26.
stookesthat likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:04 pm

Online category results -
Worked -
Unity.com store via paypal
Whitestonedome.com via paypal

What did not work -
Littlecaesars.com for in-store pickup
Pyramidcollection.com VIP membership charge
Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:34 am
Original Poster

SYW and Thankyou Citi SEARS Cards

Does anyone own both Sears cards? The Thank You and Shop Your Way card

I have the Sears Thank you card and want to apply for the Shop Your Way card so I can take advantage of both card offers separately.
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:18 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
My usual offer has an increased spend amount this month.

10,000 Points for $1,000 in online spend (It's always been $750).

Last edited by 355F1; Jan 16, 2024 at 4:09 pm
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:22 am

P1 & P2, $70 for $1000 online spend 1/15-2/14
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:27 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator observation

Originally Posted by flyerchic2000
Does anyone own both Sears cards?
You have asked this question five times, with no response. I would take this as a good indication that no one participating in this thread has both cards. If you want the Shop Your Way version I would apply. I do not see a downside.
hurnik likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:32 am

P1 & P2, $70 for $1000 online spend 1/15-2/14
Same here
Old Jan 16, 2024, 10:36 am

Linking cards

I have a few questions about linking non-SYW/Sears cards in the SYW app.

If I link a card, the app says that "All linked cards are available for Local Offers at participating restaurants near you." So I'm wondering:
  1. Does this also apply to local offers that are not restaurants?
  2. Does this apply to non-online missions such as the grocery mission? For example, can I link a non-SYW/Sears card to the app, use that card to shop in a physical grocery store, and have that count towards the grocery mission?
  3. Is there any other benefit from linking cards?
Sorry if this is off-topic; it's not about the cards but it's about the closely related SYW app.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 11:19 am

Finally got an offer for 250k points (basically $250 in GC) with $1k online spend! Been seeing everyone else get this while I was stuck with the $50 or $70 offers for the past couple months.

EDIT: Clarified that its online spend, not any

Last edited by yepperoni; Jan 16, 2024 at 12:04 pm
Old Jan 16, 2024, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
My usual offer has an increased spend amount this month.

10,000 Points for $1,000 in spend (It's always been $750).
You mean Online or Any spend? I haven't gotten the any spend offer type on my card ever (syw version) - read reports here that those stack with all other offers too so pretty nice.
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.