View Poll Results: Which Sears related card(s) do you use?
My card earns ThankYou points (TYP).
31.25%
My card earns Shop Your Way points (SYW).
65.63%
I have both the TYP and SYW versions.
0%
My Sears card earns no rewards.
0%
I follow this thread, but I do not use a Sears card.
3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hurnik
To read previous discussion click HERE

Application link for the Shop Your Way (SYW) MasterCard is HERE.

Accumulating points, expiration, and redemptions:
You can accumulate SYW points in some of the following methods:
  • Bonus offers sent to your email (ie: Spend $750 on Online and get 200,000 SYW Bonus points)
  • Regular spend - categories: 5% in gas, 3% in grocery/restaurants, 2% in SYW Merchants, 1% everywhere else
  • "Missions" in the SYW App (iPhone/Android)
Expiration of points:
Not all points have the same expiration timeframe. Some bonus/incentive points expire in 30 days or less. Most are 1 year. You can check in the SYW app, or the shopyourway.com website. Make sure to redeem the points before they expire!!!!

Redemptions:
You can only redeem $200 worth per day. So if you redeem for a $200 GC, you have to wait until the next day to make another redemption of any amount.

What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
  • Texas de Brazil (.com site for GC, VIP cards) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO
What didn't count as Restaurnt purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Texas de Brazil.com (GC,VIP cards, etc.) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears and Shop Your Way (SYW) Cards

Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:05 am

$50/$750 online purchase completed around 2/20, posted around 2/24

Merchant category for both was Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:34 pm

Received this survey via e-mail. That would be super awesome if they did start to offer cash back / statement credit options.

----------------------------------------

Shop Your Way

Redeeming Points for Rewards

As a Shop Your Way Member, we value your feedback and opinions. We are committed to giving you more VALUE, more CHOICE, and more CONVENIENCE - every day, everywhere. To that end, in 2024, we intend to expand our rewards redemption options. Please take just a minute to help us by sharing what else you would like to be able to redeem your rewards on in the future, with Shop Your Way.

Top of Form

Question Title

* 1. Please rank the following redemption options with your top choice at the top and least favorite choice at the bottom:

1. 1

Cashback / Statement Credits

Move up Cashback / Statement Credits Move down Cashback / Statement Credits
  1. 2

Gift Cards

Move up Gift Cards Move down Gift Cards
  1. 3

Investments

Move up InvestmentsMove down Investments
  1. 4

Hotels

Move up HotelsMove down Hotels
  1. 5

Tickets to Sporting Events, Concerts, Theater and more

Move up Tickets to Sporting Events, Concerts, Theater and moreMove down Tickets to Sporting Events, Concerts, Theater and more
  1. 6

Social Gifting

Move up Social Gifting Move down Social Gifting
  1. 7

Airline Tickets

Move up Airline Tickets Move down Airline Tickets
  1. 8

Charities

Move up Charities Move down Charities

Question Title
  1. Is there anywhere else that you would like to be able to redeem points at or towards in the future?
Bottom of Form
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
Hello, has anyone having the original Sears MC been able recently to switch it to Shop Your Way MC? I got my Sears MC 20 year ago (04/2004) and it was almost not being used except to keep it open. The offers started arriving for the cards in 2016. They were all cashback offers as this card does not earn TYP or SYW points. Offers have been great for a long time and kept coming. However most offers stopped more than a year ago. I only get the online spending offers now which are not that valuable to me.

My wife got a SYW card 2 years ago and offers arrive as expected on it.

I tried a few weeks ago to apply for a new SYW card for me, but application was rejected due to having another Sears card open!! I tried calling to convert my card to SYW but they said it cannot be done. I was offered a number of years ago to switch my card to TYP but did not do that as I did not want to do anything affecting continuous offers stream.

Has anyone been able to get a card while having another Sears card variant open? Or has anyone been able to change their card type recently? Thanks

Providing an update to my own question. I couldn't get anywhere with CSR or new applications agent to switch my old Sears MC to SYW MC. They also couldn't approve the application for new card while the Sears MC is open. I ended closing my 20 year old card and re-applied a few days later for the SYW MC which was approved instantly. Now the wait for offers begins
Old Feb 24, 2024, 11:02 pm

Providing an update to my own question. I couldn't get anywhere with CSR or new applications agent to switch my old Sears MC to SYW MC. They also couldn't approve the application for new card while the Sears MC is open. I ended closing my 20 year old card and re-applied a few days later for the SYW MC which was approved instantly. Now the wait for offers begins

Thanks for the update. I think I might want the original Sears TYP version better for true cash back. Although the SYW 5/3% cats are nice. Too bad you can't have both.
mia and TyrannicalDuncery like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:22 am

mass transit and commuter transportation vendor

- does anyone know if reloading uber balance work?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:23 am

Can anyone confirm if buying a Costco gift card on Costco.com counts as grocery ? Mine shows Merchandise-WHOLESALE CLUBS
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:01 am

Anyone else seeing a delay for the statement credit for the 10% back on $1,000 or more on GGR?
Met the spend on 2/15/24. Statement closed on 2/26/24. Still no credit. (went over by like $250).

Usually my statement credits post on the 26th.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
Anyone else seeing a delay for the statement credit for the 10% back on $1,000 or more on GGR?
Met the spend on 2/15/24. Statement closed on 2/26/24. Still no credit. (went over by like $250).

Usually my statement credits post on the 26th.
Did you do for JAN? My statement closed on 01/21. I didn't get the credit until 02/17 for the JAN month.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by berombeu
Did you do for JAN? My statement closed on 01/21. I didn't get the credit until 02/17 for the JAN month.
No, I missed January (I mean I signed up/activated, but had to meet MSR on a different card, so I didn't use the SYW in January)

But it sounds like they're being slower than normal if that's the case (so I'll see the Feb. credit in March)
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by ptatohed
Thanks for the update. I think I might want the original Sears TYP version better for true cash back. Although the SYW 5/3% cats are nice. Too bad you can't have both.
Agree that it is bad not being able to have both. Just a note to clarify, the card I had was the original non-TYP version; the one on the left in the picture below. It did not earn any type of rewards. I never wanted to change it as the offers kept coming so I did not want to disrupt that. However, offers dried up a year ago so it was time to move on, seeing offers that my wife was getting on her SYW card.

Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:49 am

Agree that it is bad not being able to have both. Just a note to clarify, the card I had was the original non-TYP version; the one on the left in the picture below. It did not earn any type of rewards. I never wanted to change it as the offers kept coming so I did not want to disrupt that. However, offers dried up a year ago so it was time to move on, seeing offers that my wife was getting on her SYW card.

10-4, thank you for the clarification. Enjoy your new SYW card!
Old Feb 27, 2024, 5:50 pm

Interesting DP at Walmart Neighborhood. Count as grocery when using SCO, but didn't when using regular manned cashier checkout lane.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:52 pm

For those of you using WM pay for the online spend offers: how is it showing up on your statements? Does it say like walmart #xxxx? Or something else?

And does it trigger the text message for "card not present"?

Last edited by TyrannicalDuncery; Feb 27, 2024 at 8:22 pm
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:04 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Does anyone know if Netflix comes under Entertainment category for Shop Your Way card? If not, what other purchases may trigger this category?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Why would you want to change from TYP to SYW?

Ah! Now I understand.

Last edited by mia; Feb 29, 2024 at 2:21 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.