View Poll Results: Which Sears related card(s) do you use?
My card earns ThankYou points (TYP).
31.25%
My card earns Shop Your Way points (SYW).
65.63%
I have both the TYP and SYW versions.
0%
My Sears card earns no rewards.
0%
I follow this thread, but I do not use a Sears card.
3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hurnik
To read previous discussion click HERE

Application link for the Shop Your Way (SYW) MasterCard is HERE.

Accumulating points, expiration, and redemptions:
You can accumulate SYW points in some of the following methods:
  • Bonus offers sent to your email (ie: Spend $750 on Online and get 200,000 SYW Bonus points)
  • Regular spend - categories: 5% in gas, 3% in grocery/restaurants, 2% in SYW Merchants, 1% everywhere else
  • "Missions" in the SYW App (iPhone/Android)
Expiration of points:
Not all points have the same expiration timeframe. Some bonus/incentive points expire in 30 days or less. Most are 1 year. You can check in the SYW app, or the shopyourway.com website. Make sure to redeem the points before they expire!!!!

Redemptions:
You can only redeem $200 worth per day. So if you redeem for a $200 GC, you have to wait until the next day to make another redemption of any amount.

What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
  • Texas de Brazil (.com site for GC, VIP cards) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO
What didn't count as Restaurnt purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Texas de Brazil.com (GC,VIP cards, etc.) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your Credit Home page, and find Available Credit at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says Request Increase to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears and Shop Your Way (SYW) Cards

Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
Just an FYI:
I had the spend $750 or more in Online purchases and get 200,000 SYW Points. Ending 2/14/24

I went to homedepot.com and purchased $750 worth of Delta GC on 2/2/24.
The 200,000 SYW points posted 2/7/24.
Of course, on 2/3/24, I got the 5% Home Improvement promo (grrr), so obviously didn't double stack it.

But still, 200,000 SYW points = $200 in more GC, so getting $750 of Delta airfare for $550 is a pretty good deal, IMO.
You were able to buy Delta GC at HomeDepot? I never knew that was possible until now.
hurnik and TyrannicalDuncery like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by mani1111
You were able to buy Delta GC at HomeDepot? I never knew that was possible until now.
Yes I thought I read something on Doctor of Credit site a few weeks ago that homedepot.com now sells SOME third-party gift cards online. Now, if only I could find some AA and UA gift cards at grocery stores (LOL)
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:11 am

Feb statement just closed and the January G/G/R 20K points still have not posted yet. I'm still meeting spend for Feb. assuming they'll eventually fix it.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 5:37 pm

For those of you who got the $750 online spend offer, did any of you fail to receive a progress email?

I did not receive mine (CSR confirmed that it was activated on day 1), and neither did a DoC user who received the 750 version. I know of 2 people with the 1000 version who received the email.

One of them received the progress email with $0 spent.

Last edited by TyrannicalDuncery; Feb 14, 2024 at 7:42 pm Reason: last sentence
Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by TyrannicalDuncery
For those of you who got the $750 online spend offer, did any of you fail to receive a progress email?

I did not receive mine (CSR confirmed that it was activated on day 1), and neither did a DoC user who received the 750 version. I know of 2 people with the 1000 version who received the email.
I have the $1000 version and did not receive a progress email. I've been wondering where it is, and would have really liked to know if my $830 online tire purchase coded as online - but no dice.

Last edited by brajalle; Feb 14, 2024 at 7:07 pm
Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by brajalle
I have the $1000 version and did not receive a progress email. I've been wondering where it is, and would have really liked to know if my $830 online tire purchase coded as online - but no dice.
You may already know this, but:
  • on the plus side, we have a DoC user who received their points despite receiving no progress email;
  • on the minus side, it seems like everyone who got their points got them right away.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:53 pm

I got the 250k SYW for $1k online spend. I got a progress email on 2/1 that showed I made ~$800 online spend so far. I made a couple more purchases since then, including an extra Amazon reload just in case, that should hit the $1k requirement, but not all of them have posted yet so I'm not sure when the bonus will show up.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by yepperoni
I got the 250k SYW for $1k online spend. I got a progress email on 2/1 that showed I made ~$800 online spend so far. I made a couple more purchases since then, including an extra Amazon reload just in case, that should hit the $1k requirement, but not all of them have posted yet so I'm not sure when the bonus will show up.
Good luck!

If you're willing to share, did you hit that $800 using any interesting merchants?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 9:41 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
P1 and P2 online spend offers:

$70 statement credit for $1000 online spend 2/15-3/14
Old Feb 15, 2024, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by TyrannicalDuncery

One of them received the progress email with $0 spent.
Yes, no progress email received for the $750 online offer (that expired on 2/14/24 I believe).
I want to say my SYW points posted within 3 days or so?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by jags86
P1 and P2 online spend offers:

$70 statement credit for $1000 online spend 2/15-3/14
I got one for $50 for $750.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:15 am

Got the 250k one for the 2nd month in a row! I just immediately buy the full amount online (eg costco gc) and don't mess around. I want to know as soon as possible that I've triggered it. If it's a lower amount, maybe I'll wait a bit and see if I can double up (eg utils)

btw the email status is iffy, but if you wait and don't see the bonus points, then probably something didn't trigger and need to try something else (which is why doing it early is best). Fastest for me was 4 days and longest I think was 6 days after day of final purchase.

Not sure calling the reps all the time is a good idea. fatwallet used to have a saying "Don't Call!"
Old Feb 15, 2024, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by libralibra
Got the 250k one for the 2nd month in a row! I just immediately buy the full amount online (eg costco gc) and don't mess around. I want to know as soon as possible that I've triggered it. If it's a lower amount, maybe I'll wait a bit and see if I can double up (eg utils)

btw the email status is iffy, but if you wait and don't see the bonus points, then probably something didn't trigger and need to try something else (which is why doing it early is best). Fastest for me was 4 days and longest I think was 6 days after day of final purchase.

Not sure calling the reps all the time is a good idea. fatwallet used to have a saying "Don't Call!"
Haha yeah, good points. I might have to start MSing just to make this freakin' thing trigger!
Old Feb 15, 2024, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by libralibra

Same here, just got the same 250k for $1k online offer again. Last month didn't post yet, still waiting on one or two transactions I did last minute. I think I'm okay but I'm worried one of the charges I did earlier didn't count but it's impossible to know. I should have did what you did and just got the spend done ASAP so I could at least check on the progress email.​​​​​​​
Old Feb 16, 2024, 10:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Singapore Airlines PPS
22500 TYP has been credited today except I have no clue what it consist of.

For January I had completed
1) 2k spend in GGR - supposedly 20k TYP
2) 2k spend in airfare - ticket canceled and payment refunded - supposedly 10k TYP
3) 750 spend online - supposedly 7500 TYP

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.