View Poll Results: Which Sears related card(s) do you use?
My card earns ThankYou points (TYP).
30.30%
My card earns Shop Your Way points (SYW).
66.67%
I have both the TYP and SYW versions.
0%
My Sears card earns no rewards.
0%
I follow this thread, but I do not use a Sears card.
3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hurnik
To read previous discussion click HERE

Application link for the Shop Your Way (SYW) MasterCard is HERE.

Accumulating points, expiration, and redemptions:
You can accumulate SYW points in some of the following methods:
  • Bonus offers sent to your email (ie: Spend $750 on Online and get 200,000 SYW Bonus points)
  • Regular spend - categories: 5% in gas, 3% in grocery/restaurants, 2% in SYW Merchants, 1% everywhere else
  • "Missions" in the SYW App (iPhone/Android)
Expiration of points:
Not all points have the same expiration timeframe. Some bonus/incentive points expire in 30 days or less. Most are 1 year. You can check in the SYW app, or the shopyourway.com website. Make sure to redeem the points before they expire!!!!

Redemptions:
You can only redeem $200 worth per day. So if you redeem for a $200 GC, you have to wait until the next day to make another redemption of any amount.

What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
  • Texas de Brazil (.com site for GC, VIP cards) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO
What didn't count as Restaurnt purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Texas de Brazil.com (GC,VIP cards, etc.) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears and Shop Your Way (SYW) Cards

Old Feb 7, 2024, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
Does anyone know if Sam's Club codes as groceries?
According to AwardWallet, it'll code as: Merchandise & Supplies - Wholesale Stores OR Wholesale Clubs
Sam's Club is not coded as groceries with this card. It is wholesale club. If you want this card's grocery reward but still shop at Sam's Club, then you have to go buy physical Walmart gift cards at a Walmart Super Center or Walmart Neighborhood Market. The purchase should count as groceries and then use the Walmart gift cards to buy whatever you want in Sam's Club.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by jags86
The 7-11 by me does not have gas, and I have purchased $500 VGC there for years towards the GGR promotion without issue.
Bought some stuff at a 7-eleven near me and it coded as gas and got the 5% even though it didn't have pumps too. However, the clerk said GC had to be paid by cash, so not too useful for this. You must live in a nicer part of town than me
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 11:12 am

I saw in the SYW Max app, a 'Regular Mission' popped up. $50 min for $5 in points.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 7:53 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by That_Guy_0001
.... Visa e-gift card I got in December didn't allow me to use it to pay my Citi credit card bills
Dicussed here: Paying Citi cards with debit cards including prepaid debit cards
Old Feb 9, 2024, 7:43 am

My statement closed last night and i had 2 concurrent promos both of which i have met the thresholds for:

1. 100 or 200 TYP GGR 1/1-1/31.. hit $2003 on 1/21
2. 100 back on 1000 online.. 1/15-2/14.. hit $1277 on 1/31

I got 10k posted plus the usual 1x.. Im assuming its for the online spend meet bc I wouldve expected 20k if it was the just GGR

Ive not seen the GGR NOT post correctly on time in years so now im left wondering if/when I will see that 20k... or if they started auditing purchases and DQing obvious VGC purchases.. (1500 of my 2000 were VGC on same day) I have already spent $1000 for feb on VGC..
Old Feb 9, 2024, 9:43 am

Just an FYI:
I had the spend $750 or more in Online purchases and get 200,000 SYW Points. Ending 2/14/24

I went to homedepot.com and purchased $750 worth of Delta GC on 2/2/24.
The 200,000 SYW points posted 2/7/24.
Of course, on 2/3/24, I got the 5% Home Improvement promo (grrr), so obviously didn't double stack it.

But still, 200,000 SYW points = $200 in more GC, so getting $750 of Delta airfare for $550 is a pretty good deal, IMO.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 10:28 am

Has anyone gotten a progress email for the home improvement offer yet?
Old Feb 9, 2024, 3:13 pm

Tap to pay?

Had anyone every gotten these to work with Google play or Samsung pay for tap to pay?

Google lists the "sears" card under citi to be compatible, but I've never been able to get it added.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 6:19 pm

Good question vaggeto. I had no personal experience until now; I tried adding it to Samsung Wallet and it didn't work. I also ran across this page which seems to suggest that Apple Pay doesn't work:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6861284
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:56 am

Are the offers on this card stackable? I got the GGR $50 on $500+/$100 on $1000+ offer that I activated. Then recently got a 5% back offer on $400+, capped at 40. Have not activated this second one in case it overrides the existing offer.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 1:21 pm

shinjukuflyer, you can definitely have multiple offers active at once and I know somebody has gotten credit for online spend and utility spend on the same transaction.

The interface is trash though, so you might not actually see all your activated offers on the website.
shinjukuflyer and ptatohed like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:50 pm

Offers are definitely stackable and no, activating a second offer will not override any previously activated offers.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by profitone
Ive not seen the GGR NOT post correctly on time in years so now im left wondering if/when I will see that 20k... or if they started auditing purchases and DQing obvious VGC purchases.. (1500 of my 2000 were VGC on same day) I have already spent $1000 for feb on VGC..
Apparently it hasn't posted correctly yet for anyone. There must be some issue they're working through.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 1:01 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Slytherin23
Apparently it hasn't posted correctly yet for anyone. There must be some issue they're working through.
Terms say within 2 billing cycles so I wouldn’t start panicking yet.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by TyrannicalDuncery
Good question vaggeto. I had no personal experience until now; I tried adding it to Samsung Wallet and it didn't work. I also ran across this page which seems to suggest that Apple Pay doesn't work:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6861284
Yes, can confirm Apple Pay doesn't work (something about "the card issuer doesn't support this"). Unforutnately

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.