Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citibank blocks digital access for those who receive paper statements

Old Nov 3, 2023, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham Diamond

Citibank has a new policy: opt into paperless statement or lose app and web access to your accounts.

Article on WSJ.

This seems very hostile to me. I, for one, often sign up for paper statement right before I close an account to ensure there are no unexpected charges posted after closure. I want to make sure I remain in good standing with the bank.

This along with the new "simplied banking" structure where we will be involuntarily migrated from our existing bank accounts does not inspire confidence in me. The new simplified banking products have a higher threshold for avoiding monthly fee. They also do not allow one to accrue TY points. As a long time Citibank customer, I am afraid to see what more enhancements there will be in the new year.

Thoughts?
Old Nov 4, 2023, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I can still access statements on inactive accounts online. Maybe the answer is to downgrade to the free version of the card?
Old Nov 4, 2023, 9:01 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by gaobest
I can still access statements on inactive accounts online.
Unsurprising. "The new policy, which rolled out on Oct. 24, is part of a pilot program that is being tested on a single-digit percentage of customers who receive paper statements, but still use their accounts online, according to a source with knowledge of the situation."
dw, sdsearch and LETTERBOY like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.