Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

2 Citi Credit Card applications - only 1 hard credit pull...?

2 Citi Credit Card applications - only 1 hard credit pull...?

Old Oct 23, 2023, 7:55 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post 2 Citi Credit Card applications - only 1 hard credit pull...?

So, this is probably a long shot but I will ask anyways.....

Im wondering if any of the resident Citi Credit Card Experts knows of a way to optimize what Im trying to do. I want to apply for 2 different Citi credit cards on the same day.... I kind of want to say at the same time but this is of course not really possible as I will have to prepare and submit one application and then the other - assuming I do this online.

Where this gets interesting (in terms of options), is that I think that you can also go into a Citibank Branch and have one of the Citigold RM's assist you with your applications (I have an assigned RM), so here is one area where I wonder if it makes sense to go in and speak to an RM and see if there is a way to perhaps manually send in both applications but have Citibank's credit department only do 1 hard credit inquiry for both applications...?

The two cards Im looking to apply for are the Citi AA Business MasterCard, and the Citi Costco Visa. For the business card, since my LLC is still relatively new I am assuming that Citi will want to pull my personal credit.... so in an ideal world, I would find a way to get Citi to pull my personal credit only once to consider both applications.

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Old Oct 23, 2023, 8:42 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
You can apply for two cards almost simultaneously by completing each application in a separate browser window, and submitting them within a few seconds. However, Citi will do a separate inquiry for each application. It is the credit bureau that decides to combine the inquiries because they might be duplicates. There is no guarantee that Citi will use the same bureau for both applications, nor any guarantee that the bureau will see them as duplicates.

Small business cards are issued to individuals, not to companies. It doesn't matter how old your LLC is, the issuer will check your personal credit and you will be personally responsible for the debt.
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 11:01 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mia
You can apply for two cards almost simultaneously by completing each application in a separate browser window, and submitting them within a few seconds. However, Citi will do a separate inquiry for each application. It is the credit bureau that decides to combine the inquiries because they might be duplicates. There is no guarantee that Citi will use the same bureau for both applications, nor any guarantee that the bureau will see them as duplicates.

Small business cards are issued to individuals, not to companies. It doesn't matter how old your LLC is, the issuer will check your personal credit and you will be personally responsible for the debt.
Thanks for the feedback. Come to think of it, Im assuming that there inquires are date stamped, but not time stamped...? So perhaps as long as I apply on the same date perhaps there is a chance that one or some of the bureaus will only record one inquiry. Great point though on the possibility of Citi not pulling the same bureau for each card...... indeed a lot of variables and scenarios here.

Thanks for clarifying the LLC issue, I thought that if your LLC had an established business credit score that was robust and old enough, then in that case the personal credit of the owner was not liable to be checked - this being independent of final responsibility for debt in case of a collection, etc.

Thanks again - I will proceed and report back on how this all goes.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.