Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Changes to Citi AA Executive card July 2023

Changes to Citi AA Executive card July 2023

Old Jul 10, 2023, 10:11 pm

I’m not sure why anyone would need both cards, but if you did have them, does that mean that $50k in spend on Barclays would get you to 75,000 lps? And another 15,000 earned gets you to 100,000? It’s just weird to think that Citi is going to give you lps for spend on a Barclays card.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 10:34 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
If I already earned more than 90k LPs this year do I still get the bonus this year in 2023?
Old Jul 11, 2023, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
According to the announcement, July 23, 2023.
I would imagine they need to give current card holders a 45 day buffer ?
Old Jul 11, 2023, 8:28 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I'm on the lookout for an e-mail or mail notification from Citi. If the first person on here who receives the mailing can share the disclosure (in particular, confirming when the AU fees will be charged), that would be great.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 9:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I have no idea. My cards, primary and two authorized users, had an expiration date of 08/23. The new cards, expiring in 08/27, arrived and were activated in early June. I have received no communication whatsoever about the new fee structure. I guess that I will find out when I the annual fee appears on the August or September statement (the closing date is around the 13th or 14th of the month).
Old Jul 11, 2023, 9:24 am

According to the announcement, July 23, 2023.
I have no idea. My cards, primary and two authorized users, had an expiration date of 08/23. The new cards, expiring in 08/27, arrived and were activated in early June. I have received no communication whatsoever about the new fee structure. I guess that I will find out when I the annual fee appears on the August or September statement (the closing date is around the 13th or 14th of the month).
Yep, we are all waiting on when the changes take place for current card holders. I thought I had read somewhere they needed to give us 45 days in advance of your AF posting to make changes. I could obviously be wrong though or misinterpreting the article I had read.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 9:45 am

Yep, we are all waiting on when the changes take place for current card holders. I thought I had read somewhere they needed to give us 45 days in advance of your AF posting to make changes. I could obviously be wrong though or misinterpreting the article I had read.
Card companies will often have a short period prior to raising the annual fee for cardholders, even longer than what is required by law. When Amex last raised the Plat fee, I believe they raised it for new cardholders on July 1 2021 and existing cardholders starting with their 2022 renewal fee.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar - prevents people from cancelling the card before seeing the AC changes go into effect to better understand the new value prop.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS 100K
it was my understanding before that primary cardholder would get AC access plus partner lounges but AUs would only get AC lounge access. With the new fee,I wonder if primary + AUs would get AC+partner access. Any idea?
Old Jul 11, 2023, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
The authorized user part is going to be tough for me. Currently my wife and 2 college aged kids are authorized users. I need them all to have a card that I pay for and before this change, it was an easy decision for it to be my AA card mostly for the loyalty points. It is very rare that my kids will fly without me at this point in their life. My wife does once or twice a year. I guess now that they are above 18, we can't all 4 get in at once without them having a card. But we only go on trips together once or possibly twice a year. Doesn't quite seem like it is worth the extra $175 especially on top of the other increase.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Marriott Titanium
EXCITING CHANGES ARE COMING SOON TO YOUR CITI / AADVANTAGE EXECUTIVE WORLD ELITE MASTERCARD

Jeffrey, new features are coming to your Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard starting July 23, 2023. Here's what you can look forward to:
MORE AADVANTAGE MILES

Soon you can earn more AAdvantage miles than previously earned! Earn 4X AAdvantage miles on eligible American Airlines purchases. Plus, unlock the ability to earn even more AAdvantage miles. After you spend $150,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year, earn a total of 5X AAdvantage miles on eligible American Airlines purchases for the remainder of the year.

Earn 10 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent on eligible hotels booked through aa.com/hotels and on eligible car rentals booked through aa.com/cars.1
MORE LOYALTY POINTS

New Loyalty Point bonuses are coming soon! You can earn up to 20,000 additional Loyalty Points. Earn a 10,000 Loyalty Point bonus after reaching 50,000 Loyalty Points in a status qualification year. Plus, earn another 10,000 Loyalty Point bonus after reaching 90,000 Loyalty Points in a status qualification year.2

Please note that just for the 2023 status qualification year, you’ll earn the first 10,000 Loyalty Point bonus after you spend $40,000 in purchases on your card or you reach 50,000 Loyalty Points — whichever happens first.
MORE VALUE
Soon you can enjoy additional valuable benefits:

Up to $120 back on eligible Avis or Budget car rentals3
Earn a $1 statement credit per $1 spent on eligible Avis or Budget Car Rental purchases, up to $120 back every calendar year.

Up to $120 back on eligible Grubhub purchases4
Earn a statement credit of up to $10 per monthly billing statement on eligible Grubhub purchases, for a total of up to $120 back every 12 billing statements.

Up to $120 in Lyft credits5
After taking 3 eligible rides in a calendar month, you will earn a $10 Lyft credit, for a total of up to $120 in Lyft credits annually.

Plus, you are eligible to receive a statement credit of up to $100 for your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee every 4 years instead of every 5 years.6
NEW TRAVEL INSURANCE BENEFITS
Help stay protected with new travel protection benefits including Trip Delay Protection, Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection, Worldwide Car Rental Insurance and Lost Baggage Protection.7
Learn More ►

With your Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard, you will continue to receive complimentary Admirals Club membership.

Plus, continue enjoying these existing benefits:

• Priority check-in (where available), airport screening (where available) and priority boarding
• First checked bag waiver on American Airlines domestic itineraries

• Dedicated concierge
• No foreign transaction fees
• 25% savings on inflight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines flights

The reimagined Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard will have an annual membership fee of $595. There will also be new fees for Authorized Users: $175 for up to 3 Authorized Users and $175 for each Authorized User thereafter.
We'll officially notify you in the coming weeks if your annual membership fee is changing and, if so, when the change will take effect.
dw likes this.

Last edited by mia; Jul 12, 2023 at 3:45 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Jul 12, 2023, 1:27 pm
dw

Originally Posted by Bossa Nova
We'll officially notify you in the coming weeks if your annual membership fee is changing and, if so, when the change will take effect.
I think we had all assumed that the AF increase would not be effective until our next renewal dates (with those having renewal dates in the near future possibly grandfathered in for one year since Citi would not have enough time to give advance written notice), and hopefully this also means the same will hold for the new AUs fees.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by dw
I think we had all assumed that the AF increase would not be effective until our next renewal dates (with those having renewal dates in the near future possibly grandfathered in for one year since Citi would not have enough time to give advance written notice), and hopefully this also means the same will hold for the new AUs fees.
From the email announcement of "Exciting changes" which I received today:
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:29 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
"We'll officially notify you in the coming weeks if your annual membership fee is changing and, if so, when the change will take effect."

I find the language odd in that it says "if your annual membership fee is changing" and "if so" as it implies that not all will change.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:34 pm
dw

Originally Posted by abk
"We'll officially notify you in the coming weeks if your annual membership fee is changing and, if so, when the change will take effect."

I find the language odd in that it says "if your annual membership fee is changing" and "if so" as it implies that not all will change.
For people whose annual fees are posting soon, for whom there isnt enough time for Citi to give notice, theyre probably going to see another year of a $450 fee and wont see the increased fee until 2024.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 8:17 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
From the email announcement of "Exciting changes" which I received today:
Originally Posted by dw
For people whose annual fees are posting soon, for whom there isnt enough time for Citi to give notice, theyre probably going to see another year of a $450 fee and wont see the increased fee until 2024.
That's what I am hoping as my year ends 7/31 and my statement closes 8/17.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.