Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

AA/Citi Promo: three credit card charges in three months -> 5K LP -or- 5K miles.

AA/Citi Promo: three credit card charges in three months -> 5K LP -or- 5K miles.

Old Jun 12, 2023, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

Received this offer in email today:

Appears to be targeted. Email subject is “Hurry- Don’t miss out on your reward”

As for why I was likely targeted: probably because my MileUp card is in my sock drawer.
OrangeRange likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 6:47 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Mine does NOT say LOYALTY POINTS:

notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 355F1
Mine does NOT say LOYALTY POINTS:
Interesting. I actually think I would prefer miles. Don’t think I will benefit from the LP at this time. Earlier this I was debating whether to stick with AS or switch to AA for OW elite status. And now I am too far along with AS to make a switch just because of these free LPs.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 8:25 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Interesting. I actually think I would prefer miles. Don’t think I will benefit from the LP at this time. Earlier this I was debating whether to stick with AS or switch to AA for OW elite status. And now I am too far along with AS to make a switch just because of these free LPs.
The purpose of my post was to make sure folks are reading the details as this is simply bizarre that they email out the same offer at the same time but one WITH LPs and one withOUT LPs.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The purpose of my post was to make sure folks are reading the details as this is simply bizarre that they email out the same offer at the same time but one WITH LPs and one withOUT LPs.
Understood. I have asked the mods to adjust the thread title accordingly.
355F1 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Only it’s not the same offer, and two different people got the different offers. It doesn’t seem bizarre to me as targeted marketing is routine these days. It would be bizarre if you yourself had gotten both offers.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 10:49 am

Agreed. Only bizarre if you read FT and the blogs and then get a different offer.

For most, they get the email and have no idea there's anything other than that going on.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 1:04 am

Has anyone seen the bonus LPs post yet?
Old Oct 11, 2023, 7:32 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
For those that have received this offer, would it be fair to say that you been having "light" use of the card... perhaps this is targeted and leaves out those that normally charge a fair amount to their accounts on a regular basis...?
Old Oct 11, 2023, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by brengaz
Has anyone seen the bonus LPs post yet?
Not LP for me, but still no RDMs for me.

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
For those that have received this offer, would it be fair to say that you been having "light" use of the card... perhaps this is targeted and leaves out those that normally charge a fair amount to their accounts on a regular basis...?
I never, ever use this card.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 10:37 am
IHG Contributor Badge

I had the 5k Miles (not LPs).....fulfilled it each month....it NEVER tracked on the AA.com progress tracker.

Filed a complaint with Citi via phone AND their specific department who handles this via email ([email protected])...over a week ago.....and nobody has replied.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I had the 5k Miles (not LPs).....fulfilled it each month....it NEVER tracked on the AA.com progress tracker.

Filed a complaint with Citi via phone AND their specific department who handles this via email ([email protected])...over a week ago.....and nobody has replied.
I received 500 LP and 1000 LP with time stamp 9/30/2023. The 1500 LP for the third transaction and the 2000 extra LP are missing so far.

My qualifying credit card transactions were

6/13/2023 (Statement closed 7/10)
7/11/2023 (Statement closed 8/10)
8/10/2023 (Statement closed 9/10)

I really hope they didn’t mean that the last statement had to close by 8/31 when they said the last transaction had to post to the AA account statement by that date, because it would have been impossible to complete the promo - there wouldn’t have been three statements to close before the end of the promo from when they sent it.

Last edited by notquiteaff; Oct 11, 2023 at 10:48 am
Old Oct 16, 2023, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Still missing the bulk of my points. I am not very familiar yet with the AA program - what’s the best way to pursue this?

I don’t have access to my email archive at the moment - was this an offer from AA or Citi, and did the T&C state who is responsible for the fulfillment of the promo?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.