Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

What is the MCC for expedia.com and hotels.com?

Old Jun 2, 2023, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA

Anybody know exactly how Citibank MasterCard classifies expedia.com and hotels.com as to its Merchant Classification Code? I have the Shop Your Way Master Card and they are offering a generous bonus if I spend $400/month on "travel". I've run into issues with these guys previously as to exactly how certain merchants are classified. The fine print says " Travel purchases are transactions made a hotels, rental cars, airfare, limousines, taxicabs and travel agencies". So how does expedia.com and hotels.com fit in? What is the exact MCC code applied to these merchants?

...and as long as I am venting, would cruise lines be considered "travel". Interestingly, cruise lines are specifically NOT mentioned in the fine print. Their MCC seems to fall under "transportation". Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks in advance for any specific info!
Old Jun 2, 2023, 9:13 am

Both are MCC 4722 (Travel Agencies)
Old Jul 20, 2023, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by DallaStarwooDelta
Both are MCC 4722 (Travel Agencies)
How did you look that up?
Old Jul 26, 2023, 9:46 am

I looked at charges through our corporate P-card program and found the MCC codes for charges our employees made with these vendors
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.