Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Delays in mailing out Citi Business Credit Cards?

Old Mar 25, 2023, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

My mom was approved for an AA business card around a month ago and still has not received the card. My wife applied around 2 weeks ago and still nothing. Just called and was told that the cards have been issued but there is a delay with USPS shipping them out. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old Mar 25, 2023, 4:43 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Cards are fabricated by contractors, not by the issuers, and there is a shortage of microchips.There was a discussion in the American Express forum about late delivery of some replacement cards: Delay in Receiving Card - Whose fault?

There is a report in the Washington Post: Don’t lose your credit card. A new one could take months.
Demand for cards with EMV chips is high: By the end of 2021, 63 percent of U.S. cards carried the distinctive silver or gold squares, according to payment technology standards body EMVCo. From July 2021 to June 2022, chip-enabled cards were swiped in 85 percent of transactions made in the United States, and 92 percent globally. Manufacturers can’t keep up: Lead times for chips now average 20 to 25 weeks, according to Everstream Analytics, which specializes in supply chain risks, compared with a pre-pandemic range of 10 to 14 weeks.
Read more (free account required): https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...t-card-delays/

In the article, an American Express spokesperson claims not to be affected by the shortage, but our thread suggests that there are at least intermittent shortages. Citi is a large issuer, but only a small player in the business card segment. Perhaps they are allocating chips to personal cards ahead of business cards?
Old Sep 13, 2023, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Great thread. I received approval for a citi personal card on 9/1. Still waiting. It is beyond annoying. $200 SUB for $1500 spend and I want to get it done so that I can apply for another card with SUB. ARGH.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Delayed delivery of new credit cards?

I applied for the Citi Business Aadvantage credit card two weeks ago. According to their email I should have received my card already latest by today, but it still isn't here. Before I call their (likely clueless) customer representative, I want to see if anyone else is seeing similar issues? I know at one point in the pandemic they were experiencing chip shortages and customers were experiencing a delay in receiving new and renewed credit cards. I have an upcoming trip approaching and would love to use my new card on my trip.

Thank you.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 1:22 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
I received the card eventually after 2.5 weeks (after approval). Delivery of P2's card from earlier this year took less than a week. The only thing consistent about Citi is their inconsistency.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.