Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Citi travel portal operated by Booking.com (Open 19 March 2023)

New Citi travel portal operated by Booking.com (Open 19 March 2023)

Old Mar 19, 2023, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by lewis_saint
It looks like the Citi "4th night free" counter reset for me with the new booking portal. Is everyone seeing "2 out of 2" bookings available to them for today, for the rest of the calendar year?
Yup
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
Another possible (but positive glitch): I used 1 of my two 4th Night Free benefits for 2023 in January. The travel portal now says I still have 2 out of 2 available
Old Mar 19, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Originally Posted by mia
Thank you for the research, but is there a reason not to mention the property names?
Only to hide my favorite places! Just kidding -- I just thought that my relatively far flung places might not be of interest:

"sold out" on Citi site, but available on Booking - will try a chat with support some day if I book:
https://www.solarmirador.com.br
https://capimdomato.com.br

available on Citi and Booking:
Pousada Xu | Praia do Patacho - Brasil

none of the above appeared on the old site.
mia likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Only to hide my favorite places! Just kidding -- I just thought that my relatively far flung places might not be of interest:

"sold out" on Citi site, but available on Booking - will try a chat with support some day if I book:
https://www.solarmirador.com.br
https://capimdomato.com.br

available on Citi and Booking:
Pousada Xu | Praia do Patacho - Brasil

none of the above appeared on the old site.
Are you looking at Booking.com while logged in, or not? Because it's possible that Booking.com may have some rooms at some properties reserved for Boooking.com members.

And are we able to log in to Booking.com (to get our member discounts) while using the Citi Booking.com-based portal? Or, if not, does it recognize us as member if we log into Booking.com and then immediately go to the Citi Booking.com-based portal?

I've never to date even considered using a credit card portal, so I don't even know yet how to access it, but I've used Booking.com a lot for indie hotels (in locations where there are no chain hotels), and so I know I often get better prices when logged in.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Its not unusual for OTAs to show availability even after a property is showing no availability through their own channels. Im not entirely sure how contracts between OTAs and properties work, but its possible there is some inventory that is held for OTAs.
I totally believe that a hotel would hold rooms for OTAs. However, it's a little suspicious that the hotel site and the OTAs have absolutely no overlap/show exactly the opposite availability: hotel site only has the estate available, but the OTAs have the room I booked last night (which became unavailable on hotel's site as soon as I booked it).

I decided to check Expedia-owned OTA sites (hotels.com/Amex) and they are also showing the same availability as Booking/Citi. So I suspect any glitch is from the hotel not sending out updated availability to the OTAs, rather than something on Citi/Booking's side.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I just logged out and tried again. At least for these properties, the prices and availability did not change.

Last edited by snorkmaster; Mar 19, 2023 at 5:10 pm
Old Mar 20, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I am trying to use ThankYou points to book a flight but it looks like the booking page defaults to the hotel booking page with no option to book a flight. When I click 'flight' I Still get the hotels booking page. Can someone check if they are able to book a flight? Thank you.

Last edited by Andriyko; Mar 20, 2023 at 12:45 pm
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:12 pm

Andriyko SAME--get redirect to hotels

for one year i could not even get into travelarea - kept being redirected back to credit card page -- now can get in -but rates are overpriced and can not find my hotels on site
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
Another possible (but positive glitch): I used 1 of my two 4th Night Free benefits for 2023 in January. The travel portal now says I still have 2 out of 2 available
Whelp that didnt last. Looks like they fixed the glitch, and the portal is showing I have only 1 more 4NF benefit remaining.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:09 am

Yup - fixed the glitch for me too. We should have acted faster!
Old Apr 8, 2023, 1:31 am

Programs: AA Exec. Plat; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Diamond
Thumbs up 4th Night Free is valuable again

I'm really liking the new hotel portal. The Prestige 4th night free has value again. I hadn't used it for a long time because the prices were so inflated that they negated the benefit.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 4:35 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
I had cancelled a 4th night under the old website for 2023, but notice it did not give me my credit back for an additional stay. Do I need to call for that or will I never get that one back because of the teo different systems.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Have people found the site to have cheaper rates?? I was looking at the St Regis Bermuda and even before my 4th night free, the rate was cheaper than anywhere else.

Unfortunately, I can't get Marriott to match this rate because it isn't a publicly available rate, but find it odd that it is cheaper (even cheaper than just www.booking.com). Anyone else find this on other reservations??
Old Apr 14, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis P+
Word of warning when using Booking.com
Anything you do book, as soon as you book it i highly recommend picking up the phone and calling the hotel direct to verify they have the reservation.
I own Short Term Rentals, I’m on several FB pages for owners and there are a lot of issues w/ Booking.com and STR’s. I’ve also known of many people that used Booking to book hotels for high demand times at a “great rate” only to show up and they do not have a reservation. They have also found that while there might be a room available, it is not for the rate that was published on Booking. Booking is one of the worst that will list a price that is not part of their contract with the hotel property. Or, the price listed did not include taxes or other fees applicable at that property.
STR owners have had people contact them wondering about their upcoming reservation in the next few days that they booked months ago. Owner has no clue or notification that there was a reservation made thru Booking.com. Place is already booked and owner can not do anything to help them. Or, they did get the place booked but Booking did not collect the payment. No notification to the guest or owner that the owner needs to collect the payments. Booking has even told STR owners to go face to face with the guest that is already in their property to collect the payment.
STR owners that had listed on Booking and ended up being screwed, be it from horrible guests or no payment, etc have removed their property from the site. Unfortunately, Booking does not always update on their end and the property could still be showing for months even though the owners have called and emailed them repeatedly.
The other issue is if you have a problem with your room at a hotel. Or you need a refund, etc. It all has to be done thru Booking. The hotel will not put you in your preferred room location or give you the best room available if you did ROH. They will give you the worst room possible and if you have any complaints, front desk or hotel CS can not help you. It all has to be done thru the third party OTA that you used to book the property.

I would tread carefully booking anything thru Booking.com.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 2:21 pm

Anyone has experience on how to add Marriott # to their line of properties booked through the new Citi travel portal?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by SilverGGA
Anyone has experience on how to add Marriott # to their line of properties booked through the new Citi travel portal?
Normally, when booking a hotel through a credit card's travel portal, you are unable to accumulate hotel rewards, nor take advantage of hotel chain status.

However, you are able to still accumulate airline miles when booking flights through credit card travel portals.
sdsearch likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.