Old May 15, 2021, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Citi AA card discussion from 2019 - 2020 is HERE. That thread has an extensive Wikipost, but be aware that much of the content is obsolete.

Current Citibank Business AA card Sign Up Bonus eligibility:
"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account in the past 48 months."

Current Citibank Personal AA card Sign Up Bonus eligibility:
"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account in the past 48 months."

Business and Personal cards are separated in terms of the SUB exclusions, and the restriction is based upon when you received the bonus.

The sign-up bonus typically appears on the statement in which you met the spending requirement. Miles shown on the statement typically post to your AA account 2 days later.

Print Wikipost

Citi AA Cards

Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:52 am

I am a newbie to AA here and need a backup airline besides UA. What is the highest SUB for CITI AADVANTAGE PLATINUM SELECT?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum Elite. Have MR, UR, TYP, C1R, and Bilt R points.
80k AA miles for targeted offer. 75k for public offer.

Originally Posted by lleung1980
I am a newbie to AA here and need a backup airline besides UA. What is the highest SUB for CITI AADVANTAGE PLATINUM SELECT?
lleung1980 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:01 pm

dumb questions (maybe) - I want to referal someone to get thew elevated AA sign up bonus on a citi card (I have the card) - how do I generate a link to send them? is it possible?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:07 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
My mileage for Citibank Executive MCard just posted for the March Period... but I got only base/award miles, none of the corresponding LPs posted. Did anybody else encounter this same situation....? Im not sure what is going on.....
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
My mileage for Citibank Executive MCard just posted for the March Period... but I got only base/award miles, none of the corresponding LPs posted. Did anybody else encounter this same situation....? Im not sure what is going on.....
Yes, AA has specifically told me that March processing is substantially delayed as they have to split February and March posted charges to determine what year they apply to. For whatever reason they are in the stone age regarding handling that. Supposedly it will be processed by EOM though. My card posted 3/5 with only base/award and still no LP as of today for reference.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:22 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Please refer to the following thread:
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Scotttyd
dumb questions (maybe) - I want to referal someone to get thew elevated AA sign up bonus on a citi card (I have the card) - how do I generate a link to send them? is it possible?
same question -is there a referral bonus for the 75k offer?
frank_10b likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:24 am

Has anyone been approved without getting instant card numbers?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 7:00 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by N Rustovsky
same question -is there a referral bonus for the 75k offer?

any answers?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:48 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
I do not see any Citi referral offers since April 2023 in this thread: Archived Referral Offers (2013 - 2024)

Citi doesn’t currently have a referral program for any U.S. credit cards. A referral program is offered to cardholders in countries like the Philippines, India, and Singapore, but it’s not available in the U.S. at the moment.

Citi has never offered a publicly available referral bonus on its credit cards. However, in the past, Citi has sent out targeted campaigns, mostly over email and postal mail, for a few of its credit cards.

These limited-time promotions mark the extent of Citi’s referral bonus program in the U.S. for credit cards —
Source: https://upgradedpoints.com/credit-ca...erral-bonuses/
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:39 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Was just told by a Citi agent that when I receive a welcome bonus for any Citi Card, I can't receive another bonus (even on a different card) for 48 months. I was under the impression that it was only for the same card (i.e. not opening the World Elite card twice in 48 months and receiving the bonus twice). Could someone point me in the right direction, as I received the bonus for the Executive World Elite card a year and a half ago and I'm looking to open the Platinum Select World Elite w/ a 75k welcome bonus soon.

Last edited by FlyFreakquently; Mar 22, 2024 at 10:02 am
Old Mar 22, 2024, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Was just told by a Citi agent that when I receive a welcome bonus for any Citi Card, I can't receive another bonus (even on a different card) for 48 months. I was under the impression that it was only for the same card (i.e. not opening the World Elite card twice in 48 months and receiving the bonus twice). Could someone point me in the right direction, as I received the bonus for the World Elite card a year and a half ago and I'm looking to open the Platinum Select w/ a 75k welcome bonus soon.
Isn't the Platinum Select card with the 75K SUB the World Elite card?

Old Mar 22, 2024, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
Isn't the Platinum Select card with the 75K SUB the World Elite card?

My apologies for not specifying. I already own the Executive World Elite Mastercard (with the club membership) and have long ago hit the SUB. I am hoping to open the Platinum Select World Elite card with the 75k bonus.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
My apologies for not specifying. I already own the Executive World Elite Mastercard (with the club membership) and have long ago hit the SUB. I am hoping to open the Platinum Select World Elite card with the 75k bonus.
Here are the offer details:

"Offer availability"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account in the past 48 months."
Old Mar 22, 2024, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
Here are the offer details:

"Offer availability"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account in the past 48 months."
Yup I saw that, but I wasn't sure if the Executive World Elite card was part of that. The agent said it was, but I don't see why the Executive World Elite would fall under the Platinum Select umbrella unless I'm just completely missing something.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.