Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2021, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hurnik
Citi AA card discussion from 2019 - 2020 is HERE. That thread has an extensive Wikipost, but be aware that much of the content is obsolete.

Current Citibank Business AA card Sign Up Bonus eligibility:
"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account in the past 48 months."

Current Citibank Personal AA card Sign Up Bonus eligibility:
"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account in the past 48 months."

Business and Personal cards are separated in terms of the SUB exclusions, and the restriction is based upon when you received the bonus.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
There is a new offer for Citi AA Platinum Select for 75k after 3,5k spend within the first 4 months, annual fee is waived the first year, then $99.

https://creditcards.aa.com/
hurnik and LovePrunes like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Of course, this deal comes out 2 months after I get the card and only get 50K bonus...

Has anyone else noticed this: I login to my Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select card, and I will get a notification about how to earn 50K miles for opening up a Citi Checking account... click here to learn more. Then when I click, it is about opening a checking account with no mention of miles in its terms and conditions.

Last week I got a notice about various bonus miles offers for a new CITI savings account depending on average daily balance, plus a 25% bonus on monthly AA miles earned from the credit card spend. But today it is not there?

Is this like whack-a-mole?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:39 pm

I currently have the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select card and it's been more than 48 months since receiving the welcome bonus. I'm intrigued by this new limited time 75k offer. Any insights on how quickly you can reapply if you cancel your current card? Is that a factor at all, or only the time since previous bonus receipt?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fedechat
There is a new offer for Citi AA Platinum Select for 75k after 3,5k spend within the first 4 months, annual fee is waived the first year, then $99.

https://creditcards.aa.com/
Ugh - same - got my wife this card just over a month ago. Did you try asking Citi if they'll match the offer? I'm going to ask.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
Two separate calendars. However, some customer service agents are confused by the slash in the business product name "CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select®", and they may tell you that any AAdvantage Platinum card disqualifies the bonus. It makes no difference what they tell you, it's all automated.
Just got approved after a long time for a Citi AA Personal card. How can I be sure I am eligible for the signup bonus?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by catawiki1
How can I be sure I am eligible for the signup bonus?
You should receive a letter through USPS which confirms the bonus on a personal card. If not, ask customer service to "remind" you of the terms of your offer: required spend, deadline, and number of miles. Do NOT prompt them by asking, "Is it 75,000 miles?" Make them look up all of the details.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
You should receive a letter through USPS which confirms the bonus on a personal card. If not, ask customer service to "remind" you of the terms of your offer: required spend, deadline, and number of miles. Do NOT prompt them by asking, "Is it 75,000 miles?" Make them look up all of the details.
Right - but what if I had the card less than 48 months ago? Would they be able to tell me?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:05 am
Suspended

Got it figured out - I will just wait for it in the mail
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Ugh - same - got my wife this card just over a month ago. Did you try asking Citi if they'll match the offer? I'm going to ask
no1cub17 Any luck?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
Citi just sent me an e-mail, earn $500 back ($100pp) for referring friends to any AAdvantage Citi Card. I was already going to sign up for the 75k mile bonus, but now I'm trying to find a way to sign up by having my wife refer me from one of her cards.
I think this promo is new, but wondering if anyone's tested that approach. She DID NOT receive the e-mail, and I haven't found the Enroll link when logging into her Citi account.
Anyone tried this (referring from spouse)? I'm already an authorized user on her card. Also, any help finding that enrollment link on another account?

Email the personalized link below so your friends can apply to start earning miles. You will earn a $100 statement credit for each friend who is approved — up to $500 per calendar year.*

Copy and paste this link into an email to friends:Your friends can choose any Citi® / AAdvantage® Card they want, but just remember to send them the specific link above so you can earn your rewards!

*By participating in the “Refer a Friend program”, Eligible Referrers agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.

This program is run on a calendar year and the last day a friend can apply for a Card product will be 12/31/2022 at 11:59pm.

You will receive a statement credit of $100 for each friend you refer through this Refer a Friend offer (up to 5), who is approved for the card as long as they applied through the unique referral link they received. If a new to card customer opens their Eligible Card Account by any other means, the Eligible Referrer will not earn the Referral Bonus. Referrals to yourself do not qualify for this offer.

Your statement credit will post to your account within 8 – 10 weeks of each approval in $100 increments.

You are limited to a maximum of 5 awards per calendar year (January 1 – December 31). Maximum bonus statement credit accumulation for this offer is $500 per calendar year. You cannot earn a referral award for those who currently have the Card you recommended. This program intends for you to invite friends, family and known acquaintances to take advantage of the Card Offer of the Refer a Friend program.

Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer.

Any benefit, reward, service or feature offered in connection with your Card Account may change or be discontinued at any time for any reason, except as otherwise expressly indicated.

Important Tax Information: The reward will be treated as miscellaneous income and will be aggregated with other miscellaneous income paid on the account by Citibank, N.A. and reported on Form 1099-MISC for the year received to the extent the total miscellaneous income paid is $600 or more. Customer is responsible for any applicable taxes and consulting a tax advisor. Citi is not a tax advisor.

In order to qualify for this offer, the account must be open and current at all times, including through the time a statement credit is credited to your account. If your account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another card product, you will no longer be eligible for this offer.

Your friend must use the link provided by you to apply for the credit cards included on the referral page only or you will not be rewarded.

Last edited by mia; Jun 28, 2022 at 4:26 pm Reason: Remove referral link
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:48 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
does anyone know if there are referral links for premier card?

how long does it take citi to link cc if one is approved today for the cc so as to get FREE BAG?

is the order of applications
AA biz first then AA plat per
or is it ok to do a per first?

Originally Posted by majikTib
Citi just sent me an e-mail, earn $500 back ($100pp) for referring friends to any AAdvantage Citi Card. I was already going to sign up for the 75k mile bonus, but now I'm trying to find a way to sign up by having my wife refer me from one of her cards.
I think this promo is new, but wondering if anyone's tested that approach. She DID NOT receive the e-mail, and I haven't found the Enroll link when logging into her Citi account.
Anyone tried this (referring from spouse)? I'm already an authorized user on her card. Also, any help finding that enrollment link on another account?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by frank_10b
does anyone know if there are referral links for premier card?
If there are, they would be mentioned here: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Originally Posted by brumsey
I currently have the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select card and it's been more than 48 months since receiving the welcome bonus. I'm intrigued by this new limited time 75k offer. Any insights on how quickly you can reapply if you cancel your current card? Is that a factor at all, or only the time since previous bonus receipt?
I am in the same boat, does anyone have any data points? I have had this card open for 10 years and am not in a position to cancel it, so I'd love to know if even getting it again would be possible. In this scenario, I'd also have two Citi Platinum Select cards at the same time (right now, I have one only, but would have two if I got this one). Does anyone know if it's possible to have the same card x2?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:39 pm

Stupid question. Applied for Citi AA personal card. 100% sure I entered my existing AA number. You guessed it, Citi created a new account. While I wait to receive the card, already accessed the newly created account and merged it with my existing account. Can I call Citi when I receive the card and just ask them to change the AA account to my existing one? Or is this going to be an ordeal, being Citi and all? Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Basanez
Stupid question. Applied for Citi AA personal card. 100% sure I entered my existing AA number. You guessed it, Citi created a new account. While I wait to receive the card, already accessed the newly created account and merged it with my existing account. Can I call Citi when I receive the card and just ask them to change the AA account to my existing one? Or is this going to be an ordeal, being Citi and all? Thanks!
Probably would have been easier to keep the new account, and merge the old one into that. That way, no issues with Citi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.