Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Am I eligible for the SUB on Citi AA/TYP cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2021, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I got the Citi Premier in November 2019 and the Citi AA Platinum Select and Biz AA in April 2020. If I were to apply for either the Citi AAdvantage Executive or Rewards+ now, will I get the SUB?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
I got the Citi Premier in November 2019 and the Citi AA Platinum Select and Biz AA in April 2020. If I were to apply for either the Citi AAdvantage Executive or Rewards+ now, will I get the SUB?
First of all, it doesn't matter when you "got" them, it matters when the signup bonus posted (and when, if ever you closed them). Do you know all of those dates?

Second, you have to look at the terms for the SUB on each application you consider.

One example I just saw posted in another thread said;

Bonus ThankYouŽ Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYouŽ Preferred, Citi ThankYouŽ Premier/Citi PremierŽ or Citi PrestigeŽ, or if you have closed any of these accounts, in the past 24 months.
If that's what your Rewards+ application says, then obviously November 2019 for a card open is way too early for the new cardmember bonus from your Premier card to have been more than 24 months ago. But you have to look at what card(s) each application includes, since different applications may have slightly differently language. And different cards may have different amounts of time, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.