Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi card 5% promotion 11/24 - 11/30/20

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2020, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Citi card 5% promotion 11/24 - 11/30/20

Citi is offering select Citi Credit Cardholders spend up to $500 and get 5% back on online purchases made from 11/24/20 through 11/30/20. Limit of $25 in total statement credits. Costco cards are included.

Note, you must have an eligible Citi credit card with an open account as of 10/23/2020 to qualify for this offer. Log in to your Citi account to see if this offer is available.
rasheed and nall like this.

Last edited by mia; Nov 17, 2020 at 5:01 am Reason: Remove referral link.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Got an email today for my oldest DC card, enrolled with email link.

Logged in to Citi and see the offer enrolled here also but it doesn't mention a specific card, wonder if it applies to all?

This offer may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled. You may receive more than one communication regarding this bonus offer. If you have already enrolled in this offer, no further action is required. This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies to each of your eligible enrolled Citi-branded cards. You can only enroll one time for this offer.

I found the offer on my other cards and enrolled, all but Costco were eligible.

Last edited by mhdena; Nov 19, 2020 at 10:10 am
Old Nov 19, 2020, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
FWIW, I got the offer for my Double Cash card (which was a PC from AAdvantage) that's mostly sat in a drawer. I'm considering an expensive purchase pretty soon-ish, so it's good timing. ^
Old Nov 19, 2020, 6:22 pm

edited to remove misinformation

Last edited by CerealCardSpender; Nov 19, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Old Nov 19, 2020, 6:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CerealCardSpender
FYI, the eligible purchases begins on the sooner of "Date of enrollement" or 11/24.....
Mine says the opposite:
This offer starts on 11/24/2020, or the date you enroll, whichever is later, and will end on 11/30/2020.
CerealCardSpender likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question: where can I confirm on Citi's website that I actually signed up for this? I checked the obvious locations (Rewards, Offers) and didn't see it even though I remember seeing something when I last logged in and accepted the offer.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Mine says the opposite:
Thanks for the clarification! For some reason that came across backwards in my mind when I read it.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 6:00 am

I got an email about this from Prestige but it sounds like it might be any card? I also have Cit Premier.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by voodoogirl
I got an email about this from Prestige but it sounds like it might be any card? I also have Cit Premier.
I was able to load the offer on each of my 5 cards. Did not get an email (yet), but saw it under the offers section of the website after seeing stories online a couple days ago.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mhdena
Got an email today for my oldest DC card, enrolled with email link.

Logged in to Citi and see the offer enrolled here also but it doesn't mention a specific card, wonder if it applies to all?

This offer may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled. You may receive more than one communication regarding this bonus offer. If you have already enrolled in this offer, no further action is required. This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies to each of your eligible enrolled Citi-branded cards. You can only enroll one time for this offer.

I found the offer on my other cards and enrolled, all but Costco were eligible.
Got an email for 2 of the cards I had enrolled earlier, checked the website and my Costco card had the offer so I enrolled it also.

And my emails and the web offer says it runs from 11/24 to 11/30. Which coincides with Black Friday week and Cyber Monday.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got the email for the offer (I had originally seen it elsewhere and activated it as previously mentioned) and was able to click on the link again to activate it. I saved the confirmation page to my computer just in case I run into any issues.

Also, here are the full T&C from the email I got, for anyone interested:

¹This offer starts on 11/24/2020, or the date you enroll, whichever is later, and will end on 11/30/2020. Earnings associated with this offer will equal 5% back of online purchases, which will be posted as statement credit(s) to the primary cardmember's account in 1-2 billing cycles. You can earn a total of $25 in statement credit(s).

The merchant must tag your purchase as having been made online to earn the reward.

Please also note - purchases made through mobile/wireless technology may not earn the reward depending on how the technology is set up to process the purchase. We reserve the exclusive right to determine which purchases qualify for additional rewards. Balance transfers, cash advances, checks that access your Card Account, items returned for credit, unauthorized charges, interest and account fees, traveler's checks, foreign currency purchases, money orders, wire transfers (and similar cash-like transactions), lottery tickets, gaming chips (and similar betting transactions), Citi Flex Loans and the creation of Citi Flex Pays, are not purchases. All purchases must be made during the promotional period.

You must have an eligible Citi credit card with an open account as of 10/23/2020 to qualify for this offer. Citi-branded consumer and small business credit cards are eligible for this offer except for Corporate, Professional, Debit, Retail cards (including, but not limited to, Best Buy, Macy's, Home Depot, L.L. Bean, Shell, Sears), as well as authorized users of the Costco Anywhere Visa® consumer and small business cards and CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select card. To qualify for this offer, your account:
  • Must be open, current and in good standing at all times.
  • Must not be in conversion status.
  • You must not have declared bankruptcy in past 7 days prior to enrollment.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 12:35 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tmiw
Also, here are the full T&C from the email I got, for anyone interested:
This seems to be the part that is difficult to verify beforehand: The merchant must tag your purchase as having been made online to earn the reward.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by mia
This seems to be the part that is difficult to verify beforehand: The merchant must tag your purchase as having been made online to earn the reward.
i always assume that mass merchants will tag online purchases for their own research, which seams with the credit card merchant.

My main online purchases are with AMZN so it’s a challenge to even wonder what else I would buy online during the next week. It’s a great gesture that’s hard to appreciate when AMZN 5% is their EDLP. Be bold and make it 6% or even a true 10% deal.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
I feel like any online stores that run your card immediately after checking out will be okay. The ones that save your card and charge it just before shipping, on the other hand, are a bit more questionable (though I imagine it'd be easy to argue that e.g. Amazon counts for the offer if it ever came to that).
Old Nov 23, 2020, 4:37 pm

I would recommend anyone taking advantage of this to go to the Citi AT&T Access More thread in this forum, check the wiki for a list of online merchants. Citi can use two lists, a very broad list that has led to some abuses in the past, and a list they created to remove the worst offenders, which is what the Access More card uses. If you use the list in that wiki, you should be safe for it to be counted as online. Although, it is worth noting that sometimes retailers, even if ordered online, will flag something as being from a specific store, ie Best Buy can do this.
alvinroast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.