Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige Lounge Benefit valued at over $2000 on statement?

Old Jul 4, 2020, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN

On my Prestige statement, it has a box showing "Total Value Received this Year"

The normal stuff of $50 Forex and $250 travel credit show up.

Lounge Access shows at $2907.

Anyone seeing similar numbers? Did I get hacked?

I tried calling Citi but their customer service is so terrible that after spending over 3 calls and 30 minutes I got hung up on twice and on hold so much I decided they didn't want to talk to me.

As an aside, Citi, if you're reading, Chase Sapphire Reserve answers with a real person.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 10:18 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
Lounge Access shows at $2907.
Can you estimate the number of times you used Prestige Priority Pass for lounge entrance in 12 months? Each guest would count as an additional visit.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Can you estimate the number of times you used Prestige Priority Pass for lounge entrance in 12 months? Each guest would count as an additional visit.
January Statement showed $0. So I'm assuming its calendar year.

I did sit down and think how many visits I might have had between me and AU's and guests. Usually AU visits are with me. I came up with 19. 19*27=$513. Strangely, the $2907 benefit on the statement divides perfectly. $2907-99/yr fee= 2808/27 = 104 visits.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I remember digging into that once and they do something like $99 as lounge value to begin with, with some $ x per visit + guest(s).

It doesn't have much semblance with reality though, since most of us wouldn't pay $2k to go eat lukewarm meatballs in the KAL lounge at LAX.
ryandelmundo likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:05 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Mine actually had some ridiculous number as well the last time I checked-- YTD for 2020 it was somewhere between $1500 and $2000. I have three AUs but they are all extended family members so I generally know their travel plans-- I would estimate combined they've used maybe 6 entries this year (and none myself). Even accepting a starting value of $99 per PP card holder, it wouldn't be anywhere close to the number on the statement, so I just assumed it may have been an error on Citi's part.
ryandelmundo likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
No AUs for me. One single lounge visit this year took me from $0 to $504.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 5:57 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
....Did I get hacked?
Is your concern that other people's lounge visits are charged to your account?
Old Jul 9, 2020, 7:04 pm

As long as there is no chance of this valuation becoming taxable income, I would guess there is no concrete worry. It does make you swallow hard though...
Old Jul 10, 2020, 7:14 am
dw

Originally Posted by swag
No AUs for me. One single lounge visit this year took me from $0 to $504.
Based on the (admittedly few) reports in this thread, including my own experience, it is sounding more like there's just system screwed up with Citi's system.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 5:19 am
Original Poster

I called in and was told there is some sort of error.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 7:40 am
dw

Originally Posted by dw
Mine actually had some ridiculous number as well the last time I checked-- YTD for 2020 it was somewhere between $1500 and $2000. I have three AUs but they are all extended family members so I generally know their travel plans-- I would estimate combined they've used maybe 6 entries this year (and none myself). Even accepting a starting value of $99 per PP card holder, it wouldn't be anywhere close to the number on the statement, so I just assumed it may have been an error on Citi's part.
On my statement this month, the number has changed to $180. The footnote under it reads, "Airport Lounge access is based on a complimentary membership fee of $99 and $27 fee charged per person, per visit." With three AUs, the numbers only make sense if it's accounting for a single $99 membership fee (so not including the AUs) and 3 visits. Not sure the numbers match what was actually used this year but oh well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.