Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible Thank You Points Fraud?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Possible Thank You Points Fraud?

Just received an email saying that there has a been a change made to my ThankYou Member Account and that my ThankYou account has been linked with Amazon. I for sure didn't do this and there is no option to unlink on my Citi account.

Is this potential fraud? Could someone have somehow linked my ThankYou account to their Amazon account? It's 1am so ThankYou CS isn't open. Bit worried about this.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 1:54 am

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
IIRC, this is something that happens automatically if you link a TY earning card with your Amazon account. That's what happened to me when I bought something from Amazon with a Premier card. I can't remember for certain how I unlinked it, but I know I unlinked it. I think I did through Amazon.
Sandeep1, sdsearch and tbm13 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I receive three versions of this yesterday evening, presumably since I have at least 2 Citi TYP cards auto-lined at Amazon. One of them is a fairly new card (so the TYP points may just have auto-linked), and the other one was expiring so CIti reissued it with a new expiration date, and it temporarily got de-linked at Amazon. So I presume it's one or both of these cards that the emails were about in my case.

The first email was from "Shop with Points at Amazon.com", the second email was from "Citi ThankYou Rewards", and the third email (a near-duplicate of the first) was just from "Amazon.com".

Both Citi and Amex auto-link your points (for Citi TYP cards and Amex MR cards) when you register those cards at Amazon, but not necessarily right away.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
had the same email and was wondering what it was about
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 11:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
I received the same Amazon.com email on 7/3, telling me that I am now eligible to Shop with Points at Amazon.com. Sure, it is nice we have an option to unenroll on the amazon.com website, however there should be something on Citi's website that allows credit card holders to not enroll to link Shop with Points for any partner! In June, I received a similar email telling me my Citi ThankYou points were linked with Paypal. This is really annoying. How can one choose to not allow Citi partners to automatically enroll ThankYou cardholders for Shop With Points? It would be nice to know what setting can we select on the Citi website or tell Citi's customer service so this doesn't happen again for any Citi partner.
Sandeep1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.