FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Prestige 5x for online purchases 2020. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/2019344-prestige-5x-online-purchases-2020-a.html)

s0ssos Jun 9, 2020 1:48 pm

Prestige 5x for online purchases 2020.

I don't see a thread on this
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...er-starts-now/

It doesn't seem like it is targeted. I never got an email.
Many bloggers have posted on it. I don't know what the details though and they have no links. Anybody know what qualifies as "online"? Like, would tax payments be counted?

yugi Jun 9, 2020 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 32443035)
I don't see a thread on this
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...er-starts-now/

It doesn't seem like it is targeted. I never got an email.
Many bloggers have posted on it. I don't know what the details though and they have no links. Anybody know what qualifies as "online"? Like, would tax payments be counted?

Already tested PayPal and Plastiq, both qualified.

s0ssos Jun 10, 2020 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by yugi (Post 32443151)

Wonderful. And it seems the max is 7500 points, meaning $1500 spend?

arshi007 Jun 10, 2020 7:32 pm

Seems like the online retailers is fairly broad. I made a purchase for some garage tools and it posted with 5x points. I'm hoping amazon would also count as online (along with amazon fresh orders).

s0ssos Jun 11, 2020 12:05 am

It is strange. It seems Citi never posted this online nor sent emails but their PR team contacted bloggers who then posted it. But it applies to everybody.
And it was "yuri" on frequentmiler who notes that paypal and plastiq both worked.
$1500 spend for total 7500 points. Through Aug 31.

yugi Jun 11, 2020 9:06 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 32446723)
It is strange. It seems Citi never posted this online nor sent emails but their PR team contacted bloggers who then posted it. But it applies to everybody.
And it was "yuri" on frequentmiler who notes that paypal and plastiq both worked.
$1500 spend for total 7500 points. Through Aug 31.

That's right, I noted it.

s0ssos Jun 11, 2020 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by yugi (Post 32447937)
That's right, I noted it.

Wonderful, thanks for responding here.
When you say paypal does it distinguish between paypal to other people, like gift, versus to a business?

yugi Jun 11, 2020 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 32448722)
Wonderful, thanks for responding here.
When you say paypal does it distinguish between paypal to other people, like gift, versus to a business?

Didn't try other people, but worked for me when buying eBay shipping labels (codes as advertisement)

s0ssos Jun 12, 2020 12:41 am

Originally Posted by yugi (Post 32449599)
Didn't try other people, but worked for me when buying eBay shipping labels (codes as advertisement)

Wonderful. Thanks!

japi811 Jun 12, 2020 12:40 pm

My Amazon order and my Whole Foods through Amazon order didn't post as 5x points, only 1x.

EDIT: Spoke to a thank you rep and Amazon should qualify. She said bonus points could take up to 1-2 billing cycles to post and may not post right away. Looks like my account isn't properly showing the bonus points in real time currently.

voodoogirl Jun 13, 2020 11:45 am

My Amazon purchases after June 1 started posting at 5x, walmart.com and an ADT security recurring charge, i guess because it shows ADT.com in the description. I am hoping to order a refrigerator online this week and get 5x points.

EricUSC Jun 15, 2020 1:29 pm

I have a $700 purchase I need to make and I have no idea if it will code correctly for 5x online retailer. The online seller does offer PayPal Checkout. Since PayPal has been tested to work, will using PayPal Checkout be safer to ensure I get the 5X credit?

swag Jun 23, 2020 3:16 pm

Definitely need not be retail. My monthly Google Fi phone bill posted with 5x rewards. I just paid my electric bill and expect the same (edit - it did).

When you view a charge at citi.com and click to look at the charge details, it shows a Purchase Method. I think if that shows "ONLINE" then you should get the 5x.

yugi Jun 23, 2020 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by EricUSC (Post 32458625)
I have a $700 purchase I need to make and I have no idea if it will code correctly for 5x online retailer. The online seller does offer PayPal Checkout. Since PayPal has been tested to work, will using PayPal Checkout be safer to ensure I get the 5X credit?

I think, if Paypal and epecially Plastiq codes as 5x, while it doesn't on AT&T AM card, that means everything online should count as well, even GCM, gc.com, etc.

Colin Jun 27, 2020 10:02 am

My health insurance premium payments posted 5X.

The promo limit is 7500 bonus points which means $1875 in standard 1X spend yields the additional 4X 7500 bonus points (for a total of 5X on the first $1875 in qualifying spend).