Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prestige 5x for online purchases 2020.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I got a postal mailer about this a few weeks ago.

Definitely some odd things are triggering it - My Netflix monthly payment triggered it, and a walgreens.com payment scored me 9 points per dollar, I'm guessing the combination of this plus a targeted 5x for drugstores I got a few months ago.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Any data on Points.com counting as a 5x online retailer? My guess is that it will trigger, but I want to be sure since I'm making a fairly large purchase there on 6/30.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by yugi
I think, if Paypal and epecially Plastiq codes as 5x, while it doesn't on AT&T AM card, that means everything online should count as well, even GCM, gc.com, etc.
I had some PayPal code up as NON ONLINE last month on the ATTA

I'm not really sure how to figure it out for other cards like Sears or TYP stable that may have online bonuses but no great way to reconcile them real time to what you really get. And I wouldn't want to pay a bunch on Plastiq and find out it was wrong.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 7:12 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
I had some PayPal code up as NON ONLINE last month on the ATTA

I'm not really sure how to figure it out for other cards like Sears or TYP stable that may have online bonuses but no great way to reconcile them real time to what you really get. And I wouldn't want to pay a bunch on Plastiq and find out it was wrong.
ATTA(M) is different. Based on recent promotions for Preferred and Prestige I can conclude that it qualifies for more places than ATTA(M). I guess Sears is similar. I heard that GCM and GC.com qualified for Sears in the past. I will be able to give an answer at the end of this month. I used it on Paypal, Plastiq, Ebay and GCM. Right now you can reconcile most of the TYP cards in real time, except ATTA(M) and Sears.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
I made purchases on Paypal (for ebay) and also some Amazon marketplace purchases, some purchases for tools and electronics and all of them coded as 5x. Also as Colin mentioned, its actually 1875 (7500/4) and not 1500. I'm already at 1853 and have gotten 5x so far.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
So, taxes are due next week... Anyone paid them under this promo to see if applies?

There's a fee of around 2% to use a credit card, but even if you value points at only 1 cent then that's still a win at 5x points.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
So, taxes are due next week... Anyone paid them under this promo to see if applies?

There's a fee of around 2% to use a credit card, but even if you value points at only 1 cent then that's still a win at 5x points.
pay $10, wait 3 days, and return to the thread with your data point
Old Jul 6, 2020, 5:06 pm

DP, I used PayUSAtax and paid with Paypal. I did receive 5x.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
DP: Return resulted in -1ppd.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 12:35 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA

Official Payment received 5%.

Old Jul 7, 2020, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by yugi
DP: Return resulted in -1ppd.
My two returns showed -1x on the website, but the “Additional Bonuses” section on the PDF statement reflected -5x on returns.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 10:23 pm

Has anyone purchased on Costco.com and seen if it counts as 5x? Would normally put on my BOA Cash Rewards for 5.25% but am close to the quarterly limit and can use that for a different category if I can get 5x here. Plus these points are worth 25% more because I have both Prestige and Premier, until they take that away in April. Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by md80only
Has anyone purchased on Costco.com and seen if it counts as 5x? Would normally put on my BOA Cash Rewards for 5.25% but am close to the quarterly limit and can use that for a different category if I can get 5x here. Plus these points are worth 25% more because I have both Prestige and Premier, until they take that away in April. Thanks.
Should count, since ATTAM counts. You can try buying $25 cash card and see.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 3:44 pm

Thank you to Yugi for the suggestion. I purchased a $25 gift card at costco.com and he came in with 225 points. I thought 5 x 25 = 125, so I am not sure where the other 100 points are from but no complaints.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 6:48 am

Thank you to Yugi for the suggestion. I purchased a $25 gift card at costco.com and he came in with 225 points. I thought 5 x 25 = 125, so I am not sure where the other 100 points are from but no complaints.
Maybe you have some additional offer on your Prestige for 4 additional points, like this one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.