Citi Premier refresh (2020)

Old Apr 22, 20, 12:19 am
  #61  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, Orbitz Platinum
Posts: 892
Originally Posted by akr1970akr View Post
I can't explain why, but I can still (so far) get 1cpp statement credits even without a Prestige. It appears I can even do that with straight cash back too.
Do you have other Citi cards? Does the Rewards+ offer 1cpp cashout (I seem to recall that it does)?
moe8555 is offline  
Old Apr 22, 20, 5:13 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Western US
Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Posts: 1,189
Originally Posted by moe8555 View Post
Do you have other Citi cards? Does the Rewards+ offer 1cpp cashout (I seem to recall that it does)?
Yes, I've got Sears, ATTA, Rewards+, Premier. I seem to be able to get 1cpp redemption on that a/c.

Another account (for P2) which only has Premier seems to only get .5cpp. P2 thinks it might related to CitiGold status though.

Who knows. Bizarre.
akr1970akr is offline  
Old Jun 30, 20, 12:27 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Posts: 2,949
3X on Grocery - start ing June?

Several blogs and news outlets reported that Citi announced the Premier would begin earning 3x on grocery spend starting June 2020 instead of August.

Despite all those reports, none included a link to Citi and I've yet to see the official announcement from Citi.

Can anyone (post or point me to an actual Citi statement/policy?

My statement just closed and my June grocery purchases earned 1X. I chatted with a Citi rep who was no help. Next try was a call to Citi about my card, but that rep wasn't aware of this change.
bk3day is offline  
Old Jun 30, 20, 1:11 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Phoenix
Programs: Hilton Diamond
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by bk3day View Post
Several blogs and news outlets reported that Citi announced the Premier would begin earning 3x on grocery spend starting June 2020 instead of August.

Despite all those reports, none included a link to Citi and I've yet to see the official announcement from Citi.

Can anyone (post or point me to an actual Citi statement/policy?

My statement just closed and my June grocery purchases earned 1X. I chatted with a Citi rep who was no help. Next try was a call to Citi about my card, but that rep wasn't aware of this change.
I received an email on June 15 with subject "GOOD NEWS! Earn 3X ThankYou Points on supermarket and restaurant purchases" that explained that they were offering the previously announced enhancements earlier due to COVID
Xavier110 is offline  
Old Jun 30, 20, 1:14 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 7,324
Originally Posted by Xavier110 View Post
I received an email on June 15 with subject "GOOD NEWS! Earn 3X ThankYou Points on supermarket and restaurant purchases" that explained that they were offering the previously announced enhancements earlier due to COVID
Yea, I got that email about a month ago. Very good of Citi to do that.
lsquare is offline  
Old Jul 1, 20, 12:34 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Posts: 2,949
Originally Posted by Xavier110 View Post
I received an email on June 15 with subject "GOOD NEWS! Earn 3X ThankYou Points on supermarket and restaurant purchases" that explained that they were offering the previously announced enhancements earlier due to COVID
Thanks!

Was there any targeted language about the early 3X? The reports seemed to indicate the change was global and not targeted?

I never received that email even though I was a Premier cardholder by June 15th. No doubt, my end of May application/approval wasn't supplied to marketing in time for that blast.
bk3day is offline  
Old Jul 5, 20, 8:39 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 809
Does anyone know if the early 3x grocery enhancement is only for current cardholders? Will new applicants still need to wait until August 23rd?
exarkun is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 2:17 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SFO
Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Posts: 929
I think I'm probably one of few people that still have the Citi Premier as an AMEX network card.

Well just got the email
- You will receive a new contactless-chip enabled Citi PremierSM Mastercard® with a new card number, card expiration date and security code.
- This new card will replace your Citi Premier® Card which will expire on February 28, 2021

It probably doesn't make a huge difference but I kind of liked the weird exclusivity that a Citi issued AMEX card offered me - not to mention I could participate in AMEX offers as well.
Anyone else like me in the same boat? How do you feel about it?
mrkymark is offline  
Old Nov 10, 20, 8:45 pm
  #69  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, Marriott Plat Premier Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,846
Originally Posted by mrkymark View Post
I think I'm probably one of few people that still have the Citi Premier as an AMEX network card.

Well just got the email
- You will receive a new contactless-chip enabled Citi PremierSM Mastercard® with a new card number, card expiration date and security code.
- This new card will replace your Citi Premier® Card which will expire on February 28, 2021

It probably doesn't make a huge difference but I kind of liked the weird exclusivity that a Citi issued AMEX card offered me - not to mention I could participate in AMEX offers as well.
Anyone else like me in the same boat? How do you feel about it?
I got the same thing. As I already have a Prestige card, as well as tons of other cards from other banks, I can't see the benefit of getting yet another Citi MC.
joelfreak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: