Citi Premier refresh (2020)

Old Apr 22, 20, 12:19 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, Orbitz Platinum
Originally Posted by akr1970akr View Post
I can't explain why, but I can still (so far) get 1cpp statement credits even without a Prestige. It appears I can even do that with straight cash back too.
Do you have other Citi cards? Does the Rewards+ offer 1cpp cashout (I seem to recall that it does)?
Old Apr 22, 20, 5:13 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by moe8555 View Post
Do you have other Citi cards? Does the Rewards+ offer 1cpp cashout (I seem to recall that it does)?
Yes, I've got Sears, ATTA, Rewards+, Premier. I seem to be able to get 1cpp redemption on that a/c.

Another account (for P2) which only has Premier seems to only get .5cpp. P2 thinks it might related to CitiGold status though.

Who knows. Bizarre.
Old Jun 30, 20, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
3X on Grocery - start ing June?

Several blogs and news outlets reported that Citi announced the Premier would begin earning 3x on grocery spend starting June 2020 instead of August.

Despite all those reports, none included a link to Citi and I've yet to see the official announcement from Citi.

Can anyone (post or point me to an actual Citi statement/policy?

My statement just closed and my June grocery purchases earned 1X. I chatted with a Citi rep who was no help. Next try was a call to Citi about my card, but that rep wasn't aware of this change.
Old Jun 30, 20, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bk3day View Post
Several blogs and news outlets reported that Citi announced the Premier would begin earning 3x on grocery spend starting June 2020 instead of August.

Despite all those reports, none included a link to Citi and I've yet to see the official announcement from Citi.

Can anyone (post or point me to an actual Citi statement/policy?

My statement just closed and my June grocery purchases earned 1X. I chatted with a Citi rep who was no help. Next try was a call to Citi about my card, but that rep wasn't aware of this change.
I received an email on June 15 with subject "GOOD NEWS! Earn 3X ThankYou Points on supermarket and restaurant purchases" that explained that they were offering the previously announced enhancements earlier due to COVID
Old Jun 30, 20, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Xavier110 View Post
I received an email on June 15 with subject "GOOD NEWS! Earn 3X ThankYou Points on supermarket and restaurant purchases" that explained that they were offering the previously announced enhancements earlier due to COVID
Yea, I got that email about a month ago. Very good of Citi to do that.
Old Jul 1, 20, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by Xavier110 View Post
Thanks!

Was there any targeted language about the early 3X? The reports seemed to indicate the change was global and not targeted?

I never received that email even though I was a Premier cardholder by June 15th. No doubt, my end of May application/approval wasn't supplied to marketing in time for that blast.
Old Jul 5, 20, 8:39 pm

Does anyone know if the early 3x grocery enhancement is only for current cardholders? Will new applicants still need to wait until August 23rd?
Old Oct 23, 20, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I think I'm probably one of few people that still have the Citi Premier as an AMEX network card.

Well just got the email
- You will receive a new contactless-chip enabled Citi PremierSM Mastercard® with a new card number, card expiration date and security code.
- This new card will replace your Citi Premier® Card which will expire on February 28, 2021

It probably doesn't make a huge difference but I kind of liked the weird exclusivity that a Citi issued AMEX card offered me - not to mention I could participate in AMEX offers as well.
Anyone else like me in the same boat? How do you feel about it?
Old Nov 10, 20, 8:45 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, Marriott Plat Premier Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mrkymark View Post
I think I'm probably one of few people that still have the Citi Premier as an AMEX network card.

Well just got the email
- You will receive a new contactless-chip enabled Citi PremierSM Mastercard® with a new card number, card expiration date and security code.
- This new card will replace your Citi Premier® Card which will expire on February 28, 2021

It probably doesn't make a huge difference but I kind of liked the weird exclusivity that a Citi issued AMEX card offered me - not to mention I could participate in AMEX offers as well.
Anyone else like me in the same boat? How do you feel about it?
I got the same thing. As I already have a Prestige card, as well as tons of other cards from other banks, I can't see the benefit of getting yet another Citi MC.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: