FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Cit AA Executive annual fee and AC Closures: $225 credit "upon renewal". (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/2014247-cit-aa-executive-annual-fee-ac-closures-225-credit-upon-renewal.html)

GTITAN Mar 25, 2020 7:36 am

Cit AA Executive annual fee and AC Closures: $225 credit "upon renewal".

All,

Any speculation on what Citi might do about the AC closure that happened last night and our annual fee on the AA Ex WMC? Prorating of fees would be nice, but I could see nothing done at all too.

Thoughts?

Safe Travels

mia Mar 25, 2020 7:50 am

Is AA extending the duration of paid Admirals Club memberships?

GTITAN Mar 25, 2020 7:57 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 32230199)
Is AA extending the duration of paid Admirals Club memberships?

As far as I have researched this morning, no word on what AA or Citi will do on any front, but situation is fluid and my research is just blog/FT reading.

Safe Travels

OskiBear Mar 25, 2020 8:56 am

I came here this morning to search this exact question. My annual fee on the card bills next month and was considering a product change to the basic AA Citi card. The question I was going to ask was how often can I product change? Let's say things pick up again in six months - could I change back to the Exec card then or is that forbidden?

Centurion Mar 25, 2020 5:28 pm

Just convert or cancel within 37 of bill statement

scubadu Mar 26, 2020 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 32232135)
Just convert or cancel within 37 of bill statement

Not everyone is necessarily looking to cancel, nor to have to reapply when things normalize, but I think it's completely rational to question paying full fare on a membership fee when access is literally shutdown.

Regards

jfinsocal Mar 26, 2020 3:05 pm

I planned to cancel but I can't even login to the citicards.com website to check my balance. Not worth it to me and I'll cancel by mail if needed. When the clubs come back and if I'm still alive I'll consider opening another account.

Often1 Mar 26, 2020 3:30 pm

I suspect that there will be an extension rather than a refund of the fee. How long will depend on how long the AC shutdowns and service cuts last (recognizing that local law dictates some of these).

scubadu Mar 27, 2020 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 32235822)
I suspect that there will be an extension rather than a refund of the fee. How long will depend on how long the AC shutdowns and service cuts last (recognizing that local law dictates some of these).

This specific thread is about the annual fee on the credit card, not a straight membership. The annual fee will be billed on your normal date (mine is due April 9th and I'm debating my approach).

I've never heard of a credit card "extending" its annual fee period. They will either offer an incentive to maintain the card when people call in or they will not.

Regards

MAH4546 Mar 27, 2020 3:03 pm

My annual fee posted this month. I’m probably going to downgrade.

If I want to “upgrade” back, is it a simple process or a reapplication?

reality is I don’t fly AA anymore because they have truly become a ULCC and just used it for Alaska lounge access.

OskiBear Mar 28, 2020 10:19 am

Air New Zealand announced yesterday that they were extending club memberships by six months. Some sort of accommodation by AA and Citi would be appreciated.

Centurion Mar 28, 2020 9:38 pm

No need to frustrate yourself or call up and waste your time and the csr time. Just cancel or downgrade within 37 days of fee posting and reapply when you start to fly.
If you are lucky you may end up getting a signup bonus if you are grounded long enough.

radonc1 Mar 31, 2020 8:38 am

Is there a simple way to find out when you are up for renewal?

mia Mar 31, 2020 9:15 am

Login to Citi account
Choose Executive card
Click: View Your Annual Account Summary
Click: Miscellaneous

You should see when the previous annual fee was paid.

Often1 Apr 1, 2020 11:46 am

Unclear to me that Citi or AA will offer the same deal on the same terms going forward, whether they would grandfather those who hang onto the card or, on the other hand, extend the card / Club membership for a significant period of time. No way to predict and whether one acts or does not act, there is the risk of having done the "right" thing.