Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pointshound booking show up as 'Business Services'! What about Rocketmiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Hi there
just made a hotel booking on Pointshound and saw that it showed up on my Citi Premier statement as Business Services. I called them up and they confirmed it, also confirming I won't earn the 3x TYP for travel which is very frustrating as the transaction literally shows up as 'Pointshound Hotels'. Yes, with the word hotels in it.
Of course, Citi says its up to PH to decide how they categorize themselves, and take no responsibility. Calling PH, they also tell me to take it up with Citi.

I need to book another room in the same hotel, but was wondering if any of you know, if I book it on Rocketmiles, will it show up as Travel or Business Services on my Citi statement? Citi said they don't have a data base of merchant categories and to just 'google it'

Thanks!
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Rocketmiles shows up as Travel Agency as it's owned by booking.com. I had the same problem with Pointshound on a ~$1000 booking. Called and the representative offered 5000 (non-transferrable) TYP to offset that.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monopod
Rocketmiles shows up as Travel Agency as it's owned by booking.com. I had the same problem with Pointshound on a ~$1000 booking. Called and the representative offered 5000 (non-transferrable) TYP to offset that.
Thanks for the data point!
I took the plunge before anyone gave data points here and made the second booking on Rocketmiles and indeed it showed up as Travel/Hotels.

The agent who I spoke to didn’t offer any TYP offset...should I call again and try?
what are non-transferable TYP useful for?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
I took the plunge before anyone gave data points here and made the second booking on Rocketmiles and indeed it showed up as Travel/Hotels.

The agent who I spoke to didn’t offer any TYP offset...should I call again and try?
You can book through their portal at 1.25c per point. Maybe you can call again and ask.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by rosenkavalier

You can book through their portal at 1.25c per point. Maybe you can call again and ask.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monopod
Thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.