Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi bonus terms makes it possible to get 4 Premier bonus in 82 days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Citi's t.c. has changed to :
Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou®Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.

Citi also has the rule of no more than one card in 8 days and two in 65 days, so one can in principle apply for the second on day 9, third on day 74, and forth on day 82, and there are no hard rules against approval.

So if one is out of the 24 month window, he can apply for 4 premier, as long as bonus not posted before day 82. Based on a DP from https://www.doctorofcredit.com/langu...comment-719481

bonus is coded at time of approval. So it seems it is indeed doable. Although it may be hard to get all these approved, so one may consider changing some of it to prestige or reward+. My impression is getting two or three approved should not be too hard. And I am not sure if a large amount of saving at citi will be helpful, as the case for BOA.

Any thoughts or related DPs?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:07 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by hermitw
....a new cardmember bonus.
Not sure what you mean by "new", Citi has been using these terms throughout all of 2019, and likely back into Q4 2018. There should be ample data by now, but many posters in this forum have been more actively pursuing AAdvantage cards and that would consume their 2/65 applications.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Not sure what you mean by "new", Citi has been using these terms throughout all of 2019, and likely back into Q4 2018. There should be ample data by now, but many posters in this forum have been more actively pursuing AAdvantage cards and that would consume their 2/65 applications.
Sorry by new I just mean the current one, as compare to the old one that use open date.

I didn't find DP about these strategies. Are they successful? I did the AA churing before, but now it seems to me premier is a better choice.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Sorry by new I just mean the current one, as compare to the old one that use open date.

I didn't find DP about these strategies. Are they successful? I did the AA churing before, but now it seems to me premier is a better choice.
I recently applied for Double Cash, then I applied for Rewards+, and got a letter confirming the bonus, I will apply for 2 Premiers next month, when I gonna be past 65 days.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
I recently applied for Double Cash, then I applied for Rewards+, and got a letter confirming the bonus, I will apply for 2 Premiers next month, when I gonna be past 65 days.
Any luck with the Premier(s)? I don't think Double Cash had a sign-up bonus, so not sure if that'd be a solid data point.

People have been able to open one Premier, wait 24 months, open another Premier using a bonus offer, close the first, and still earn the bonus on their new card. This suggests bonus eligibility is determined at the time of opening the card. However, still looking for data points to confirm.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by KafkaExploring
Any luck with the Premier(s)? I don't think Double Cash had a sign-up bonus, so not sure if that'd be a solid data point.

People have been able to open one Premier, wait 24 months, open another Premier using a bonus offer, close the first, and still earn the bonus on their new card. This suggests bonus eligibility is determined at the time of opening the card. However, still looking for data points to confirm.
I've got Premier after Rewards+ and the letter said I've got a bonus. Didn't finish a spend on both yet. Contemplating to get another Premier and see what happens.
There was Double Cash cash signup bonus few months ago at a branch only. $100 after $500.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
Citi's t.c. has changed to :
Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou®Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.

Citi also has the rule of no more than one card in 8 days and two in 65 days, so one can in principle apply for the second on day 9, third on day 74, and forth on day 82, and there are no hard rules against approval.

So if one is out of the 24 month window, he can apply for 4 premier, as long as bonus not posted before day 82. Based on a DP from https://www.doctorofcredit.com/langu...comment-719481

bonus is coded at time of approval. So it seems it is indeed doable. Although it may be hard to get all these approved, so one may consider changing some of it to prestige or reward+. My impression is getting two or three approved should not be too hard. And I am not sure if a large amount of saving at citi will be helpful, as the case for BOA.

Any thoughts or related DPs?
Are there evidence bonus is coded at time approval? Does Citi give a warning applicant won't receive the bonus?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 8:19 pm

There's a DP in the Premier Card thread saying it didn't work last year.
I just started my attempt and still plan to give it a shot, but it doesn't sound promising. Please let us know if you're able to collect the bonus on a second TY points card.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KafkaExploring
There's a DP in the Premier Card thread saying it didn't work last year.
I just started my attempt and still plan to give it a shot, but it doesn't sound promising. Please let us know if you're able to collect the bonus on a second TY points card.
Can you share the link please?

If the bonus is coded at time of opening, which based on the DP above it should, it would surprise me if the second premier did not get bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.