Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Information about your Citi Prestige Card benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd

Are they kidding? I just received an email with a subject line of "Information about your Citi Prestige Card benefits" and an internal headline of "Changes to your card benefits." The benefits read like those (with the possible exception of a "concierge") of a no annual fee card, or at least a relatively low fee card and not one with a $495 annual fee and a $75 charge for additional cardmembers. Benefits listed include: $0 Liability, Pay with PayPal, FICO Score. Travel Notice, Citi Entertainment, and Fraud Early Warning. Seriously Fraud Alerts and Travel Notice? Yes, I like those, but who are they really protecting? Most any card would give that. This is almost insulting to (or at least should be) high value customers who should be getting high value benefits.

In fact, talking about Citi Entertainment, even that is a major downgrade. Citi Prestige used to have really great special events that frankly were some of the best events around. I remember fondly a dinner atop the Freedom Tower/One World Trade Center. Nothing like that in recent years.

Just yesterday, American Express Platinum had an amazing event at Nordstrom. Not only that it was free. Fabulous food and service. Now that is a true benefit of cardmembership. Not only that, but Amex Platinum is adding to its benefits (5X Airfare and more insurance), while Citi Prestige has cut the insurance (although Citi Prestige has 5X dining (which at least does not benefit from a related insurance product, such as air fare does) and is really its only major benefit left).
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I had the same feelings. It actually made me start thinking about what I didn't have anymore and how perhaps the Platinum would now be a better fit!
Nevsky likes this.

Last edited by moe8555; Nov 8, 2019 at 10:05 am
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
I am an AMEX plat holder that got the CIti Prestige Card as a secondary spend card or air fare and dining hotels not Hilton. If you travel overseas, MC and Visa are taken so much more often than Amex from Europe to Asia and beyond, and if an OTA or a travel agency is cheaper for a flight, 5x with Citi and most likely 1X with the Amex Plat.

Safe Travels
355F1 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Vote with your dollars/spend.

Our Prestige got literally zero spend last month.

Although we probably should have put a few restaurant meals on it.

I noticed we got an emailed spend offer on the card after it went quiet.

(although others got that too, so presumably someone is noticing)

And yes I agree, sending an email like that (which I didn't get) seems ill considered that even no AF Citi cards - like Costco - offer more in some ways than Prestige.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.