Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Conversion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

I got an alert on my account that my card is getting converted. No other real explanation. Anybody else get this? I did notice the the current advertised AAdvantage Platinum Select card is missing the World Elite.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Yes, I got this. Did they change your card number?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:15 am
Original Poster

According to my bank, yes.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
I already had a world-elite version of the card, but they updated the card with the contactless feature and issued a new number. It looks like this is standard behavior at Citi. Even product changes within the same family result in a new number.

It kind of sucks because I'm pretty sure it resets the 48-month application clock.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL
Yep- New card # & fewer benefits

I was travelling & got an email they were sending me a new card with a new #. Thought it was fraud related. Got home & activated new card. Next day when I tried to create a virtual #, it wouldn't log me in. Tried 3 times and finally logged in to my online acct on PC and didn't see the usual link for Create a Virtual Number. Called in and was told "Oh, yes you were issued a new number because of a change in partner agreement with AA and it new card no longer offers Virtual Numbers." And loss of rental car insurance and price rewind too. Can't see any reason to keep it and pay yearly fee with loss of most valuable benefits that I wanted. I already have free checked bag and priority boarding and limited MCE seating as a lifetime Gold. Loss of Virtual Numbers for online shopping and utility bills was the final straw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.