Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige: which cell phones get protection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:04 am
Original Poster

I'm trying to understand how Citi knows which cell phones are protected by their damage/theft protection. My cell phone bill doesn't list which devices I have. I recently purchased an iPhone 11 Pro from Apple and swapped the sim card from my old phone into the new device. TMobile has no knowledge of this. My TMobile account lists my device as "unknown".

So if I need to make a claim against a phone in the future, how will Citi know which devices should be covered? I called Citi and the claim department but they are no help. They are trying to protect devices and phone numbers have some intimate tie, which they don't.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Sachin Agarwal
I'm trying to understand how Citi knows which cell phones are protected by their damage/theft protection. My cell phone bill doesn't list which devices I have. I recently purchased an iPhone 11 Pro from Apple and swapped the sim card from my old phone into the new device. TMobile has no knowledge of this. My TMobile account lists my device as "unknown".

So if I need to make a claim against a phone in the future, how will Citi know which devices should be covered? I called Citi and the claim department but they are no help. They are trying to protect devices and phone numbers have some intimate tie, which they don't.
citi needs to tie the bill you’re paying with citi to the cellphone. But as you said, it doesn’t show online. Can you yourself “update” the device name? Alternatively, does it show the IMEI or some other identifier of the device online? Then you can tie it to your phone at hand.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
citi needs to tie the bill you’re paying with citi to the cellphone. But as you said, it doesn’t show online. Can you yourself “update” the device name? Alternatively, does it show the IMEI or some other identifier of the device online? Then you can tie it to your phone at hand.
My bill doesn't show the IMEI number, but I called TMobile and they have that info. So I guess if I need to file a claim, i'll need tmobile to send me something to prove which phone was on each line. Not ideal but hopefully that works out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.