Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of the previous version of this benefit (July 2017 - August 2019) is HERE.

Effective September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:02 am

Just tried using this to book the Tropicana hotel in Las Vegas.

Hilton.com gives me a member price (without any promo codes) for ~$420 for 4 nights.

So I call up expecting to pay ~$350 or so. Nope, they tell me that after the 4th night Benefit credit included, they were able to get it at the LOW price of $470.

So wait, I lose my hotel benefits cause of status. I have trouble earning hotel status since it's a travel agent. it's non-refundable. And it costs more even with a 4th night benefit?!

Seriously... sad...
akr1970akr and milesforhire like this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:15 am

the only real use of this bennie now is at a non-chain hotel that doesn't really do discount rates
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by dantandaman
Just tried using this to book the Tropicana hotel in Las Vegas.

So wait, I lose my hotel benefits cause of status. I have trouble earning hotel status since it's a travel agent.
As a TA, I just wanted to emphasize that if you book via a traditional agent with an IATA (or other recognized accreditation) number, you would still earn full status benefits/points and pay the same Hilton Honors lowest price as on Hilton.com.

Of course, an OTA (Expedia, etc.) is a different story altogether.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
the only real use of this bennie now is at a non-chain hotel that doesn't really do discount rates
Like boutique hotels in the Maldives?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:23 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Colin
Yep.

i will only be using this on our Maui trips from this point on because we stay at the same non-chain hotel and it’s usually $400/$500/night.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:24 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by moe8555
As a TA, I just wanted to emphasize that if you book via a traditional agent with an IATA (or other recognized accreditation) number, you would still earn full status benefits/points and pay the same Hilton Honors lowest price as on Hilton.com.

How is this in any way relevant to using the Citi 4th Night Free.....???
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by 355F1
How is this in any way relevant to using the Citi 4th Night Free.....???
It isn't, I just wanted to clarify the matter for posterity's sake.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by moe8555

is there any way to know whether or not citi's 4th night booking would qualify? AFAIK they count as as an OTA, not a traditional travel agent at least.

The rep herself made it sound like they were using an automated system to book, so it wouldn't allow my Hilton / member number to be inputted at any of the hotels unless they were to call in themselves.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:03 pm

Question

I have a 4 night stay I need to book for February. Annual fee is due in December and I will probably downgrade this card unless they give me a good retention offer. If I book and pay for it now through the portal, then downgrade the card before my stay, anyone know if the reservation would still hold up?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by david22
Thanks. Do you know where this is documented? I definitely hadn't seen anything about that on the various travel / deal bloggers, and looking through Citi's benefit information... it doesn't really unambiguously state this either.
Looking back, this was the conclusion in this forum, when the changes were announced and how citi would keep track of the pre-9/1 bookings from post-, if both stays are post-9/1. and the consensus agreement was that it counts when the booking is made and not when the stay happens. I'm assuming it stayed the same way since 9/1. It's also definitely easier this way for citi to do the bookkeeping.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:30 pm

Anyone have any data points or can attest to being able to book Laucala or The Brando with the 4th night?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:55 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Anlun
Thanks, any info on whether I can book with Citi the lowest category and call Aman and ask to get a package all I clusove? For example can I just pay the cost of the difference with Aman directly?
I think the only option via the portal is the daily rate...

Amangiri however daily rate includes all meals I believe...

now as to whether an Aman will allow you to pay the difference between the daily rate and a package it would be worth reaching out to the GM of said hotel directly and adding. They could consider it... especially given that they wouldn’t have to pay commission on the extra but honestly don’t know.

fdw
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:03 am

I see this has been asked above but I don't yet see an answer - any clarity on the following:
I have 2 4NF for 2019 (Sept-Dec) and 2 for 2020; can I book 2 for stays in 2020 sometime this fall and then again in January (or later) book 2 more 4NF stays in 2020?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by pafnyc
I see this has been asked above but I don't yet see an answer - any clarity on the following:
I have 2 4NF for 2019 (Sept-Dec) and 2 for 2020; can I book 2 for stays in 2020 sometime this fall and then again in January (or later) book 2 more 4NF stays in 2020?
yes.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 2:29 am

Where do I get hotel receipts when booking through the Citi Portal

Based on what I have read, if I booked the hotel through Citi portal, the rooms are actually sold from a block purchased by the OTA, that's why we make payment to OTA at the time of booking, not at the hotel. If this is the case, will I still get a folio/receipt from the hotel when checking out, or will I get a receipt from OTA since the payment was made to them? This is important when submitting travel expenses to my employer for reimbursement, I will need a receipt from the hotel, not OTA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.