Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of the previous version of this benefit (July 2017 - August 2019) is HERE.

Effective September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as Complimentary 4th Night Eligible, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by david22
When I called they said they have access to completely different inventory than thankyou.com. The agent claimed all of the rates are non-flexible (non-refundable) too.
That's b/c one of the terms (that I feel was sort of hidden in the fine print) is that for the 4th night rebate the reservation has to be PRE-PAID!!!!!

So they do away with the travel protection and delay and then institute this. Nice (not)
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by estnet
That's b/c one of the terms (that I feel was sort of hidden in the fine print) is that for the 4th night rebate the reservation has to be PRE-PAID!!!!!

So they do away with the travel protection and delay and then institute this. Nice (not)
Don't forget raising the AF and cutting the airfare redemption from 1.25x to 1x.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:54 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... The agent claimed all of the rates are non-flexible (non-refundable) too.
Originally Posted by estnet
....for the 4th night rebate the reservation has to be PRE-PAID!!!!!
Prepaid does not necessarily mean non-refundable.

Read the ThankYou terms for information about refundable hotel bookings:

https://www.thankyou.com/cms/thankyo...tc&src=TYUSENG
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:16 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

So I was really bored today; so I spent some time looking around.I knowsome of us used teh concierge to book Aman hotels so I came up with this list of Aman hotels on Thankyou.com

Amanyara
Amangani
Amanjena
Amanruya
Amangiri
Amansara
Amantaka
Amanfayun
Amandayan
Amandari
Amankila
Amanjiwo
Amanemu
Amangalla
Amanwella
Amanpuri

Couldn't find
Aman Venice
Amanera
Amankora
Amanyangyun
Amanwana
Aman-i-kas
Aman Kyoto
Amanpulo
Amanoi
Aman Le Melezin
Aman Sveti Stefan
Amanzoe

On but couldn't find rooms
Aman at Summer Palace
Aman Tokyo
Amanbagh
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:21 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mia

Right, the thankyou.com website offers prepaid but refundable / flexible bookings in addition to non-refundable. There's even a checkbox in the UI to only show refundable rates.

Not sure about the phone booking channel. The phone agent said the inventory was different and they were all non-refundable.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:47 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... The phone agent said ....
Not everything a telephone agent says is entirely accurate. Non-refundable rates are typically lower, and the agent's experience is probably that most callers choose the lowest price without regard to restrictions.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
So I was really bored today; so I spent some time looking around.I knowsome of us used teh concierge to book Aman hotels so I came up with this list of Aman hotels on Thankyou.com

Amanyara
Amangani
Amanjena
Amanruya
Amangiri
Amansara
Amantaka
Amanfayun
Amandayan
Amandari
Amankila
Amanjiwo
Amanemu
Amangalla
Amanwella
Amanpuri

Couldn't find
Aman Venice
Amanera
Amankora
Amanyangyun
Amanwana
Aman-i-kas
Aman Kyoto
Amanpulo
Amanoi
Aman Le Melezin
Aman Sveti Stefan
Amanzoe

Aman at Summer Palace
Aman Tokyo
Amanbagh
Thanks for doing the leg work!
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by mia

True, but I have to give them my money now - and they get to use it (or get interest) for the next nine months AND the conditions say:
  1. Changes or cancellations received within three (3) days of check-in date will be subject to a supplier cancellation fee equal to one-night room and tax.
  2. Cancellations or modifications received at any time will be subject to program service fees, in addition to any supplier fees, when applicable.
  3. No shows are non-refundable.
  4. Cancellations made directly with the hotel will forfeit any refund "
So I have to remember not to cancel the reservation myself and the agent said the "other charges" which are unspecified refer to booking charges that they don't charge BUT
HE WOULD NOT PUT IT IN WRITING
Strangely I don't trust anything they say so months from now the best I could do if I'm charged some fee is say "well Jack at connexions told me"
Too many gotcha's for me and mostly I am only saving 1/3 of what they quote compared to other OTA (where I won't get elite benefits either). I'm just sad and angry (and will cancel my card next year since I made a few bookings with the old service that cross into next year.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 7:59 am

I'm trying to book Amangiri with the fourth night, but I'm confused with the room descriptions on the then you portal. It just says standard or suite, with varying prices. Does anyone know which option refers to what rooms?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Anlun
I'm trying to book Amangiri with the fourth night, but I'm confused with the room descriptions on the then you portal. It just says standard or suite, with varying prices. Does anyone know which option refers to what rooms?
I've been trying to figure that out too. Their portal does this with all of the hotels I've looked at and it's confusing AF to try to match with what's on Aman.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Its deliberate. They are getting their 'inventory' from different channels, and this is one way the properties use to discount and not have BRG come back to bite them. They can say the Queen Deluxe for $200 is not the same as the 2 Queen Especial for $250, even if they are literally the same rooms, but just intended for different sales channels.

What I normally do is compare a property's rooms across different booking channels, then call the hotel and talk to the front desk to determine if there are any actual real differences. Most of the time the hotel's own site is the best, but I have had situations where TYP Portal had more clarity in the sub categories of room types, which is really strange, and atypical in my experience.

Some chains will honor your elite status for perks - if not for stay credit or points earning - even if you book through an OTA like the TYP portal. But you'll usually have to tell them at checkin. Most of the time, any loyalty # we append just gets lost and not attached to the booking.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: status free since 2017

Amanyara
Amangani
Amanjena
Amanruya
Amangiri
Amansara
Amantaka
Amanfayun
Amandayan
Amandari
Amankila
Amanjiwo
Amanemu
Amangalla
Amanwella
Amanpuri

Couldn't find
Aman Venice
Amanera
Amankora
Amanyangyun
Amanwana
Aman-i-kas
Aman Kyoto
Amanpulo
Amanoi
Aman Le Melezin
Aman Sveti Stefan
Amanzoe

Aman at Summer Palace
Aman Tokyo
Amanbagh
I had the Prestige card for several years and canceled it recently.

Never ever saw any Aman property make the list. And this was the case before they changed to aspire lifestyle as well. Also, Thankyou.com does not show all the eligible properties. I have made at least 3 reservations where the property wasn't even appearing online but was 4NF eligible after booking on phone.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:58 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
I had the Prestige card for several years and canceled it recently.

Never ever saw any Aman property make the list. And this was the case before they changed to aspire lifestyle as well. Also, Thankyou.com does not show all the eligible properties. I have made at least 3 reservations where the property wasn't even appearing online but was 4NF eligible after booking on phone.
I never booked an Aman online before the change; and never saw them even available online before the change. However; I compiled this list since the changeover so its good to see them offered. However it did require a bit of trickier in certain cases to find the property. For instance; sometimes itll return100 of XXX properties and then I woohoo have to type in the search field to find the Aman.

I always booked via the concierge earlier and had no problems booking Amans or special rates.

fdw
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:02 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Anlun
I tried to just cross reference with whatever is on the AMAN website but I agree its quite confusing. I would just book an entry leve room at Amangiri, Unless you want a pool because the rooms are quite similar.

fdw
Old Sep 29, 2019, 2:17 pm

I tried to just cross reference with whatever is on the AMAN website but I agree its quite confusing. I would just book an entry leve room at Amangiri, Unless you want a pool because the rooms are quite similar.

fdw
Thanks, any info on whether I can book with Citi the lowest category and call Aman and ask to get a package all I clusove? For example can I just pay the cost of the difference with Aman directly?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.