Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of the previous version of this benefit (July 2017 - August 2019) is HERE.

Effective September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:51 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mia
It isn't theoretical. The large travel agencies (Expedia and Priceline) buy room nights in bulk. Connexions can shop your reservation until the last minute to obtain the best price (for them, not for you). We do have reports from posters who contacted hotel in advance to find no record of reservation, and some who arrived to find no reservation entered.
Yeah, the entire concept sounds tenuous... like you may show up to find you don't have a room at all.

Is the fact that Marriott can find a real reservation in my name a good sign? Maybe Expedia doesn't speculatively buy higher category rooms that cost ~$2000 a night (at already small properties) in bulk?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by david22
Is the fact that Marriott can find a real reservation in my name a good sign?
Yes, but if they could not it isn't necessarily a bad sign,
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:11 pm

Oh yeah, one other strange thing: the booking I made for May 2020 was counted against this year's 4NF "2 left" (on the thankyou.com UI at least).

Is that expected?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:00 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Oh yeah, one other strange thing: the booking I made for May 2020 was counted against this year's 4NF "2 left" (on the thankyou.com UI at least).

Is that expected?
I don't think the bloggers have posted any clarifying info on this yet!

We need to know!!!
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
How do hotel stays that go over New Year's Eve work? If I check in to the hotel on 12/31/2019 and check out on 1/4/2020, does that count towards my 2019 or 2020 stays?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, CX Silver, SPG Gold
Anyone know how to book a 4th night free for a hotel that cannot be found on ThankYou.com? I called the ThankYou hotline and they seemed clueless.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:31 pm

Is that expected?
It goes by when you book, not when you stay.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by alonzo
Anyone know how to book a 4th night free for a hotel that cannot be found on ThankYou.com? I called the ThankYou hotline and they seemed clueless.
Oh yes, you need to say the magic words, dance around the computer, and after hitting the right keystroke combination, you’re allowed access to a portal with hotel listings previously unpublished.

What makes you think booking unlisted hotels should be possible?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer

What makes you think booking unlisted hotels should be possible?
Perhaps he knew that you could book unlisted hotels before the change, and did not spend too much time on Flyertalk because he has other things to do and didn't see that one of the complaints about the new system is that you can only book the hotels that are listed online.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:39 pm

Also the website UI strongly implies that you can book things that aren't listed there:

Old Sep 21, 2019, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
It goes by when you book, not when you stay.
Thanks. Do you know where this is documented? I definitely hadn't seen anything about that on the various travel / deal bloggers, and looking through Citi's benefit information... it doesn't really unambiguously state this either.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Perhaps he knew that you could book unlisted hotels before the change, and did not spend too much time on Flyertalk because he has other things to do and didn't see that one of the complaints about the new system is that you can only book the hotels that are listed online.
With the new system, you cannot book any hotels that aren't listed on their website? That is a substantial portion of hotels in any city that don't get listed (and I'm not even talking mom & pop shops...but major chains as well). If this is going to be the case, I will probably cancel this card before its next renewal.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 1:02 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
With the new system, you cannot book any hotels that aren't listed on their website?.
That is correct!
Old Sep 22, 2019, 1:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Cardmembers will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates (“Fourth Night”), when booking at least four consecutive nights at any hotel only through thankyou.com or by phone at 1-800-THANKYOU (powered by Connexions)
There is still a telephone booking option, but not through the Concierge. Are we certain that Connexions telephone agents do not have access to broader inventory?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by mia
There is still a telephone booking option, but not through the Concierge. Are we certain that Connexions telephone agents do not have access to broader inventory?
When I called they said they have access to completely different inventory than thankyou.com. The agent claimed all of the rates are non-flexible (non-refundable) too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.